GDT: 2020-21 season game 5 LA Kings vs St. Louis Blues @5:00pm 1/23/21

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Los Angeles Kings(1-1-2, 4pts, 6th in West) :thumbu:@ St. Louis Blues(2-1-1, 5pts, 4th in West):thumbd:
Enterprise Center| St. Louis, MO
TIME: 5:00pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: I Heart Radio App

SEASON STATS​
:kings:blues
PP/PK13th/10th31st/30th
Faceoffs12th15th
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar: 0 goals, 6 assists, 6 pointsJordan Kyrou: 2 goals, 2 assists, 4 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*Lines subject to change*
**The website I used to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**
:kings
eauzAGn.png

AcATNIP.png

vZWcTBY.png

cMATeRW.png

94YlT3v.png

Backup: Jonathan Quick
Scratched: Austin Wagner, Olli Maatta
"Unfit to play": N/A
Injured: Martin Frk, Alex Turcotte

:blues
1qBcD0A.png

qZE721i.png

SaLpYA9.png

Injuries: Vladimir Tarasenko, Robert Bortuzzo

:cheers:
Stay Positive, Test Negative

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

Reactions: mbar

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Excited for these lines, Blues will force the emotional engagement imo, should be nice and physical, RIP Kale Clague probably

Kopi is due for a goal, make it so

Gonna be some tougher assignments for Vilardi and the 4th line, look at that Blues 3rd line, AND they have last change

GKG!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

As said in the roster thread--Maatta out, Anderson-Doughty is a thing for at least a full game, Clague moves up with Roy(!), MacD and Walker.

Andersson-Vilardi-Brown gonna be pretty slow but at least they'll muck it up.

Reactions: BringTheReign

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Against the blues, I would go with something like this:

Iafallo Kopitar Kempe
Andreas Vilardi Carter
Moore Lizotte Wagner
Grundstrom Andersson Brown

I am fine with the D.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I hope Clifford doesnt decide that its a good idea to fight Macdermid, would hate to see him get hurt.

Vrankol

Oct 24, 2009
Haven't watched any of the games yet (will tonight), why is Maatta already in the doghouse? As far as I remember Pens scouting report read "reliable" if unspectacular defenseman ...

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Haven't watched any of the games yet (will tonight), why is Maatta already in the doghouse? As far as I remember Pens scouting report read "reliable" if unspectacular defenseman ...

He's definitely been unspectacular, but reliable? No, not at all. He's been pretty terrible on offense and defense and in transition. In general, those are the three areas of the game you want to be good at.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Remember when we traded a bag of pucks to Chi for Maatta? Think Chi won that trade. Damn. Can’t win’em all.

Reactions: KingsCourt

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Maybe Määttä felt he needed to be something he's not after being slotted in the top pair with Drew. Started to do too much instead of doing what made him successful in the first place. Hopefully this resets him and he can find his game again.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Yeah I felt there was too much responsibility on the top pairing next to Doughty. Once he was moved down I thought he was better so maybe his future here is as a bottom pairing defenseman. I never thought he was going to stay past his contract, but it does make you think it might've been better to bring back Hutton instead who would've been cheaper contract wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->