GDT: 2020-21 season game 43 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:00pm 4/20/21

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
9-2 is what they gotta do.

Win the next 2, then they have 4 straight against the Ducks.
I just don't see them winning on Friday. But those three against the Coyotes and 4 against the Ducks are where they really need to compile points. Finish the domination of the Blues at the end they could squeak in. But Wild and Avs? Not counting on those games.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I just don't see them winning on Friday. But those three against the Coyotes and 4 against the Ducks are where they really need to compile points. Finish the domination of the Blues at the end they could squeak in. But Wild and Avs? Not counting on those games.
Considering how bad the bottom 5 teams in the division have been, 8-3 might get it done.

I certainly ain't betting on it though!

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
i think manson thinks lemiuex leg whipped him from behind but i didn't think there was much intentional there

manson got what he was asking for though

Yep, nothing like getting up and begging for it and getting exactly what you asked for, buyer beware

Didn't realize Lemieux was so strong, he was straight ragdolling Manson there a couple of times

I loved everything about that, from Lemieux crashing the net HARD, to indulging Manson immediately, to swapping grips/throwing hands, to beating the absolute piss out of a guy, then calling his trainer over for him. Both respect/class and complete ownage.

Do hope Manson is okay though, tough customer, good player, mostly likeable, but nice to see a guy who is so comfortable taking liberties (not that I mind, because he'll handle his own business when he starts it) getting handled by a King.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Yep, nothing like getting up and begging for it and getting exactly what you asked for, buyer beware

Didn't realize Lemieux was so strong, he was straight ragdolling Manson there a couple of times

I loved everything about that, from Lemieux crashing the net HARD, to indulging Manson immediately, to swapping grips/throwing hands, to beating the absolute piss out of a guy, then calling his trainer over for him. Both respect/class and complete ownage.

Do hope Manson is okay though, tough customer, good player, mostly likeable, but nice to see a guy who is so comfortable taking liberties (not that I mind, because he'll handle his own business when he starts it) getting handled by a King.
yeeeep, 2 guys playin their roles. lots to enjoy there, especially in the modern NHL

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

Manson and Lemieux are 2 players the current NHL needs more of. Tough customers...glad the rivalry has them involved

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Manson and Lemieux are 2 players the current NHL needs more of. Tough customers...glad the rivalry has them involved

I've always 100% loved Manson, just hated how he manhandled us with no answer lol. But he's not a dirty player or anything, just a total throwback, hard nosed pain in the ass that can play. I think he's in a different class than Lemieux (who is historically pretty dirty and playability is questionable), but I'd be happy for Brendan to prove me wrong over time

I mentioned in another thread though it's no surprise those two 'get it' with who their parents are.

Reactions: The Gabe Blade

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
The kind of run it would take the Kings to make the playoffs at this point would make them a pretty scary opponent, imo.
The Kings have played like crap this month and have only dropped one point further back from 4th place. The other teams have been bad too. Playing .500 the rest of the way might get that 4th spot with the right wins.

Colorado might have nothing to play for during the makeup games and rest players.

Kings have three games in hand on the Coyotes and two in hand on the Sharks. The Blues have the same number of games remaining as the Kings.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
The Kings aren’t good enough to be a playoff team, but that can be said for all but 3 teams in the division. If we end up being the best of the worst, that’s something I guess.

I also think most of us believe they suck more than they actually do. We have higher expectations, nothing wrong with that.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The Kings aren’t good enough to be a playoff team, but that can be said for all but 3 teams in the division. If we end up being the best of the worst, that’s something I guess.

I also think most of us believe they suck more than they actually do. We have higher expectations, nothing wrong with that.
Looking at the standings, what surprises me is that out of the 5 crap teams in this division, the Kings actually have the best goal differential, best GAA and have the second most RW wins (just 1 less than PHX in 3 less games played).

Reactions: lumbergh

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
If the Kings are serious about going on a run they should pay someone to kneecap Mackinnon and Raantanan.
Are you suggesting the rare double Gillooly?
upload_2021-4-21_10-34-19.jpeg

Reactions: bland and steepdrop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad