GDT: 2020-21 season game 43 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:00pm 4/20/21

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
No way I'm getting sucked back into hope of making the playoffs. Kings haven't won two in a row since the end of Feb, and we think this could be a playoff team? GTFO
Stranger things have happened.

I'm not expecting it, or really have any degree of hope in it, but nothing wrong with discussing how it could happen.

The reason we like sports is for the low probability outcomes actually happening. That potential is what makes it interesting. All the good things that happen in sports are essentially low probably events.

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca
No way I'm getting sucked back into hope of making the playoffs. Kings haven't won two in a row since the end of Feb, and we think this could be a playoff team? GTFO
just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-gif.gif

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
Yep, nothing like getting up and begging for it and getting exactly what you asked for, buyer beware

Didn't realize Lemieux was so strong, he was straight ragdolling Manson there a couple of times

I loved everything about that, from Lemieux crashing the net HARD, to indulging Manson immediately, to swapping grips/throwing hands, to beating the absolute piss out of a guy, then calling his trainer over for him. Both respect/class and complete ownage.

Do hope Manson is okay though, tough customer, good player, mostly likeable, but nice to see a guy who is so comfortable taking liberties (not that I mind, because he'll handle his own business when he starts it) getting handled by a King.
Highlight of the season?

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

The best thing about this video is Fraser sitting so calmly at the end, even though Clifford just knocked him the F out. Like its absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Our team now has less toughness overall than just the 4th line on those teams.

Yeah, the league went towards speed and skill, and it's undoubtedly safer for the players overall as the hitting has decreased. But it sucks that there aren't any teams like there were 8-10 years ago that were loaded with toughness. Through 48 games, Nashville has the most PIM at 459, that's a pace for 785 PIM in 82 games. If you go back to 11-12, that would be tied for the 98th most penalty minutes of any team. Shows how much that stuff has gone away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad