GDT: 2020-21 season game 41 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 4/12/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Odd rant since Vegas is dominant vs the league and not just the Kings, and they’ve been skating circles around the leagues since day 1.

does it make it any better if I say the rest of the NHL own the Kings as well?

we are a "realistic" 3 years away from making the playoffs, if that.

Are you good with that? I'm not.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The defense is porous. We used to harp on the Kings' inability to score goals, but now they are inept at both scoring and defending. This is quite possibly the worst blueline the Kings have iced in quite some time.

Reactions: Lt Dan

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Wolanin got smoked and directly cost a goal against. He couldnt even make the Senators and they are doing worse than the Kings the last few years. Im not sure how you could say he didnt contribute to the suck tonight. Therefore he is to blame. At least partially. Tonight many players played their part in the suck.

The point is the problems with the team extend beyond one or two players who act as No. 6 dedensemen.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
The point is the problems with the team extend beyond one or two players who act as No. 6 dedensemen.
I agree. Though they have been used as second pairing dmen like Wolanin was tonight. Why not play Strand? Macdermid starts periods some games and they end up hemmed in their own zone off the draw. The team was to blame tonight and Wolanin was there for the dagger. And macdermid has been directly responsible for losses. The Kings arent good enough to compensate for the dead weight and goals against. They are a really bad team right now and those two are the worst on the bad team no question.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
14th in powerplay percentage (and plummeting), 3rd in penalty kill percentage (almost 1st).

20th in goals for, 17th in goals against.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
14th in powerplay percentage (and plummeting), 3rd in penalty kill percentage (almost 1st).

20th in goals for, 17th in goals against.

this pretty much sums up what the truth is, we are a mid level team that can’t overcome the power play not producing , we have gotten better this year and can expect to get better next year.
Bluc has said he will start adding pieces this summer and playoffs are a distinct possibility next year, not contenders yet but with a move up the food chain , Vegas shows how important it is to have 4 lines with little drop off between them and now that they have stone and maxpac have elevated to one #1line and close to 3 # 2 lines , unfortunately we have a first line and a 3rd line and 2 4th lines at the moment. If you are at watching the reign games it looks like Thomas and possibly AK34 could/should make the team out of camp next year and the wild cards of byfield and turcotte but the rest of the forwards seem another year away at least so there will be another year of learning curve at least at the start of the season but enough talent to progress in a normal schedule with practices .
It looks like we might get to where a lot on here asked for, contend for playoffs and miss so we have a chance to get that stud Dman to complete the prospect pool or the forward like Lyell or the LW like
Guenther (sp) the future is bright and right on us

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I still can't believe not a single person did anything to Stephenson. Not even a facewash during a scrum. What exactly was the purpose of getting Lemieux?
Guessing Stephenson apologized off-ice and it defused the whole thing.

If not, the dread pirate Athanasiou would have handled his team's bidness.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
does it make it any better if I say the rest of the NHL own the Kings as well?

we are a "realistic" 3 years away from making the playoffs, if that.

Are you good with that? I'm not.
Better buckle up, this won't be a fun ride for those who lack patience.

Islcey

Jun 18, 2018

Probably what happened. Not gonna lie, was hoping Petersen was going to cross check him in the face when he came in on a breakaway.

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015

That's what I thought too but I know Lemieux was watching that game from his quarantine, and I feel like he wouldn't care about his apology. I'm just sure Toby would've appreciated a response.

Reactions: bland

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

That's great and all but he should still have to answer the bell, get a pat on the head when its over and then we all move on.

Vegas without its two tough guys and nobody even lays a finger on Stephenson. Just disgusting but also 100% expected.

A real team would have done something. It's painfully obvious--and has been for some time now--that this still isn't a team that is ready to battle for each other. Until they are, they will continue to lose more than win unless they go 2-5 on the power play.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
GOD DAMN it f*** this team!!!!!

here you have the LVK, 4th year in existence, and they OWN the Kings!!! They give them their asses in every game!!!!! how is that possible????

Every knight player can out skate, out hit, a out-skill every Kings player all over the ice. (2 shorthand breakaways! ha!!) and the Kings have no finishers!! how is that possible??

What the f*** is Blake doing building this team, when LV is so dominating vs the Kings (year after year) it's not even funny. It's men vs boys. How is Blake going to turn this shitstorm around!! more 1st rd picks that don't put pucks in the net? I see high draft picks making an impact all over the NHL. Not for the Kings though.

4 years of having your asses handed to us!!!! W.H.A.T. T.H.E. F.U.C.K. is going on here?

Good to see someone hold Blake accountable. 2022 was his prediction for a return to the playoffs. Tick tock.

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
That's great and all but he should still have to answer the bell, get a pat on the head when its over and then we all move on.

Vegas without its two tough guys and nobody even lays a finger on Stephenson. Just disgusting but also 100% expected.

A real team would have done something. It's painfully obvious--and has been for some time now--that this still isn't a team that is ready to battle for each other. Until they are, they will continue to lose more than win unless they go 2-5 on the power play.
Yeah, and even if their PP had carried them this far and they were comfortably in a playoff spot, I have little doubt they would crumble come big game time. Not sure how quickly that time will come but that's gotta come from leadership for me and I just don't think we have the veteran guys cut for the job. I also don't see any rookies providing any spark for that to change anytime soon. Pretty disheartening tbh, not sure I can take too many games left to watch this uninspired play again, you can only look past it when they're winning for so long.

As a side note, you have to wonder if a quiet but fierce competitor like Quick allows his voice to be heard in the locker room at times like this. The guy is a competitor in every sense of the word and just I can't imagine he likes what he's seeing from the goal line or from the bench when they go through stages like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigKing and Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
here you have the LVK, 4th year in existence, and they OWN the Kings!!! They give them their asses in every game!!!!! how is that possible????
If this were only the Kings you would have a point.

This is a team that has made the playoffs in each of it's 3 complete seasons made the conference finals last year and the Stanley Cup Finals in their first year.
Their one short playoff run was to their biggest rival in a seven game series.

Vegas not only got a sweetheart expansion draft but they also came along with a whole bunch if cap space at a time when A LOT of teams needed it. Guess what? It is gonna happen again this offseason with the Kraken

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
"They brought their F***$**$**** toys with em" This team is a bunch of willows...
There is only one Willow!
Willow-Warwick-Davis.jpg

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Yeah, and even if their PP had carried them this far and they were comfortably in a playoff spot, I have little doubt they would crumble come big game time. Not sure how quickly that time will come but that's gotta come from leadership for me and I just don't think we have the veteran guys cut for the job. I also don't see any rookies providing any spark for that to change anytime soon. Pretty disheartening tbh, not sure I can take too many games left to watch this uninspired play again, you can only look past it when they're winning for so long.

As a side note, you have to wonder if a quiet but fierce competitor like Quick allows his voice to be heard in the locker room at times like this. The guy is a competitor in every sense of the word and just I can't imagine he likes what he's seeing from the goal line or from the bench when they go through stages like this.

It's a bit of a catch-22: they will care more and play harder (can we stop passing up hits on the forecheck?!?!) if they are winning and feel like they are playing for something but they won't win until they care more about each other and play harder.

One of the great things about hockey is that effort can overcome deficiencies in talent. Maybe you aren't a 100 point team but great goaltending and being very difficult to play against can help you win games. The Kings for the last few seasons have an obvious talent deficiency but there just isn't enough desire from top-to-bottom to overcome said deficiency. JAD is a prime example of a guy that has some skill but he also doesn't bail on taking a hit to make a play and hustles. Need more of this type player.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
If this were only the Kings you would have a point.

This is a team that has made the playoffs in each of it's 3 complete seasons made the conference finals last year and the Stanley Cup Finals in their first year.
Their one short playoff run was to their biggest rival in a seven game series.

Vegas not only got a sweetheart expansion draft but they also came along with a whole bunch if cap space at a time when A LOT of teams needed it. Guess what? It is gonna happen again this offseason with the Kraken
well said! Totally agree!

Reactions: Maynard

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
GOD DAMN it f*** this team!!!!!

Every knight player can out skate, out hit, a out-skill every Kings player all over the ice. (2 shorthand breakaways! ha!!) and the Kings have no finishers!! how is that possible??

What the f*** is Blake doing building this team, when LV is so dominating vs the Kings (year after year) it's not even funny. It's men vs boys. How is Blake going to turn this shitstorm around!! more 1st rd picks that don't put pucks in the net? I see high draft picks making an impact all over the NHL. Not for the Kings though.

4 years of having your asses handed to us!!!! W.H.A.T. T.H.E. F.U.C.K. is going on here?

4-5-1 at home in the regular season since 17-18. 29GF, 29GA

5-5-0 in Vegas.
29GF, 28GA

Not every time. Granted, sweep in the playoffs when it really mattered, with the scores not being indicative of the flow of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad