GDT: 2020-21 season game 36 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @7:00m 4/3/21

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
The Quicker dicker giver upper.

I’ve said it before. Jonathan Quick should never leave the net to play the puck. Not gonna change at this age.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Petersen lost the night before. you really think he'd have won tonight? does he make those great saves quick did in the 2nd to keep it 1-1? sure quick f-up'd, but they barely scored 2 goals tonight. He has had less than 2 goals per game over his last 4 starts
team didnt show up for peteresen. quick is garbage, stop living on past accomplishments.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
That’s what you took from that. Good grief dood.

No, I took the fact that when you score barely 2 goals, your pp is now 0-31 , and you make a mistake. your gonna lose a lot. There's is no room for error in a lot of games. . There were two big errors, a coverage and a bad handoff behind the net. That's tonights game dood.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Lol Browns been garbage for a month. Dead weight like Brown and Carter deserve to sit some games post deadline so we can see the younger guys

Agreed. Carter also has the dead last shooting percentage of 5.9% (even worse than Lizotte's 6.9%) Minus 7 last 14 games and 1 goal and 2 assists. That's on par for a 17 point 82 game season; not quite top 6 numbers...but like your 4th defenseman numbers. When you add Charmin soft and myriads of everything else subpar...he should be scratched. And yet...Carter will still get his 15 minutes...

Correction: for all NHL players with 100 shots or more, Carter is 3rd to last...Larkin and Arvidsson have even less than 5.9%. But also consider MacDermid lifetime shooting percentage is 6.7%...outsniping #77.

Last edited:
Reactions: ibleedkings

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Pretty much put we've got a loooong ways to go. Man you look at Buffalo and they've been rebuilding for the past hundred years it seems goodness gracious I hope we never end up like them. Our vets Kopi, Quick, Carter are past their prime. Doughty can only do so much. All of our young talented prospects are developing in the minors and are a few years away at least. We're stuck with bottom six wingers throughout the line up although our young Dman looks promising we don't have a sure fire number one. Get use the suckage and hope any two maybe three of our prospects can give us hope again. It was never going to be easy since the last time we made the playoffs. Not sure how we're going to get there but this team needs to get tougher for sure. Don't mean to beat a dead horse but man wish we had a few players that have a bit more bite to them.

Reactions: yankeeking

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Vilardi hasn't taken a single step forward this year.

If the Kings were going to be decent this season, they were going to need some secondary scoring. The hope was Vilardi could develop into that role, but it hasn't happened yet.

Quick actually played pretty good tonight, and has played better than his stats. He botched one play that costed us the game, but again, the Kings only scored 2 goals.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The Quicker dicker giver upper.

I’ve said it before. Jonathan Quick should never leave the net to play the puck. Not gonna change at this age.
Quicks a back up now so him doing stuff back ups will do isnt much of a shock. Just like Carter being dead weight isn't a shock. He just needs to not see ice as much

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

If the Kings were going to be decent this season, they were going to need some secondary scoring. The hope was Vilardi could develop into that role, but it hasn't happened yet.

Quick actually played pretty good tonight, and has played better than his stats. He botched one play that costed us the game, but again, the Kings only scored 2 goals.
Vilardis lack of speed is very very noticeable

Reactions: KingsFan7824

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
If 62's still the magic number, Kings can only drop 4 games against MN, AZ and CA teams, and go .500 against Vegas and Colorado (6 games remaining).

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Just a reminder we were suppose to show improvement over the last couple of years and we did that, getting everyone’s hopes up with that win streak for the playoffs was fun but reality has set in , even kopi is showing it and has rather actually has lost it some or some confidence or thinks it’s January now or whatever but his losing so many important face offs lately especially in big games is telling , We need more talent .hockey is a 12 f and 6 d game nowadays and we are under manned badly. It hurts now because we had hope for awhile there but it’s probably for the better , we were never going to contend and while it would have been good to get the guys some guys playoff experience .........
according to those draft articles anyone of the top 10/12 picks could be the number one pick and should afford us a good chance at a very good LHD, the next number 1 goalie or a pure scorer

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Vilardi actually made at least 4/5 good passes the last two games that didnt result in a goal or scoring chance because the player in question couldn’t handle the puck or was surprised. I didnt see the Vegas game.

He had 3 straight assists before these last three games.

This is essentially his rookie year.
Comments about his lack of speed over and over again are also getting tiresome. It also improved quite a bit. You should have seen it with Kingston. Also for the 67th time. If he was a speedster he would not be a LA King. We are very lucky.

Quick completely blew it and than we have to read about secondary scoring or Vilardi.

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Vilardi actually made at least 4/5 good passes the last two games that didnt result in a goal or scoring chance because the player in question couldn’t handle the puck or was surprised. I didt see the Vegas game.

He had 3 straight assists before these last three games.

This is essentially his rookie year.
Comments about his lack of speed over and over again are also getting tiresome. It also improved quite a bit. You should have seen it with Kingston. Also for the 67th time. If he was a speedster he would not be picked a LA King.

Quick completely blew it and than we have to read about secondary scoring or Vilardi.

I think it's still going to take a while to see what Vilardi truly has. Is he a 1C? Probably not. Does he have the talent to be a top six player? Most likely. I'd love to see him on Kopitar's wing.

Reactions: AzKing

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
No, I took the fact that when you score barely 2 goals, your pp is now 0-31 , and you make a mistake. your gonna lose a lot. There's is no room for error in a lot of games. . There were two big errors, a coverage and a bad handoff behind the net. That's tonights game dood.
What's funny is Jones had a similar foul up that took him completely out of the net for an extended period and the Kings couldn't even put a shot on. That's a pretty poignant comparison there. No one's talking about Jones f***ing up because he didn't lose.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005

I mean geez he's played 46 career NHL games with a .48ppg... maybe give the guy a full season before talking about the steps forward he hasn't taken yet?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Didn't realize the kings are 6th from the bottom.

I suppose I'd rather not have them make the playoffs and get swept by Vegas in round 1.

Swept by Colorado.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Lias for another 7 games. That'll protect him from being exposed in the expansion draft.

He won't meet the minimum exposure requirements that the Kings need, not that he won't be exposed. He is not exempt.

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
I don't know why you complain about his style especially at this point in his career. He's not going to relearn how to play the position.
"Some of these amazing plays that we see Quick doing shouldn't be amazing. He's leaning more than ever to compensate."

They were praising Quick by saying that he put the King's in a position to succeed. They said Cal would not have made those saves.
I countered and said that Quick is leaning more than ever due to compensating. In other words, now that age is catching up, that style is less effective. He is not making the plays on a consistent bases and if he does they often look like highlight reels. Cal, being a sound goaltender (needed with this youthful team and the system that is more open than Quick is used to) will more often than not put the King's in a better position to succeed. This is evidenced by:
QUICK 6-8 2.99 GAA .864 %
Cal 7-8 2.49 926%

I appreciate Quick and all he's done. However, he's flopping around and failing at an alarming pace. It's not his fault. He is doing the best he can when his name is called.

The team is light on skill, barely cracking the payroll floor while saddled with some really bad contracts (Quick, Carter Brown to a lesser extent). How can we expect success when AEG doesn't? How can you win when it's rookies, non performing cap hits and no money spent?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad