GDT: 2020-21 season game 32 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @7:30pm 3/24/21

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I'm just glad we don't play the Sabres because we will end their streak that's a no doubter.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
The only thing that probably could've happened is that Couture caught the butt end of Carter's stick, but we never got a good angle of it
oh i'm sure he did, right on his tender nips.. clomid dose must be too low

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Well, that's gonna just about do it for our playoff chances. Obviously there's still a lot of season ahead of us, but I'm guessing we'll end up five or so points out a playoff spot lamenting our first two losses against Minnesota and the many chances we had against San Jose and Anaheim. Oh well, still lots of learning to do for this young squad.

Reactions: LAKings88

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 44-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
ApajW2n.gif

Reactions: Lt Dan

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Well, that's gonna just about do it for our playoff chances. Obviously there's still a lot of season ahead of us, but I'm guessing we'll end up five or so points out a playoff spot lamenting our first two losses against Minnesota and the many chances we had against San Jose and Anaheim. Oh well, still lots of learning to do for this young squad.

That's 2 of 7 games they can lose to go .630 against sj, anh, and az for the rest of the season.....assuming they go .500 against the col and veg and 62 being the magic number. I guess there's still one more game against Minnesota too.

Anderson and Bjornfort are fine if the Kings want to stay a bubble team. They need to improve if they want playoffs. McD....oof....scores the only goal against Colorado, unlucky in the first game against SJ and beaten badly in this one.

Jones owes every King player (except Doughty and Peterson) a steak dinner for the last two games.

SufferingSelfCreated

Apr 5, 2020
I know Tmac is safe because it's a f****** up season. But he shouldn't be. No matter the lineup, he'll never get us over the top. He just doesn't have it.

Reactions: ru4reals

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
You must've missed the part where I said "No matter the lineup". Easy mistake to make when you don't actually read or comprehend what someone posted.

What I don't comprehend is why you would assume he'd do the same or worse with a better line up. How do you know this? Have you seen it? And the reply was not sarcastic comment...I don't know if TM has a say in the line up, I was curious if TM (or any coach) had that kind of say....to the extent of moving players up and down, and not just benching them.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
What I don't comprehend is why you would assume he'd do the same or worse with a better line up. How do you know this? Have you seen it? And the reply was not sarcastic comment...I don't know if TM has a say in the line up, I was curious if TM (or any coach) had that kind of say....to the extent of moving players up and down, and not just benching them.

Most of the time, they will have input....absolutely.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Now that the sting has worn off, this is a blessed in disguise.
We are at least a season away from competing. Adding at the trade deadline to finish 5th or 6th in the division would have been disastrous.

I say we keep AA and AI and try to add another top 4 d this off season unless a Justin William's type trade can be made

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Now that the sting has worn off, this is a blessed in disguise.
We are at least a season away from competing. Adding at the trade deadline to finish 5th or 6th in the division would have been disastrous.

I say we keep AA and AI and try to add another top 4 d this off season unless a Justin William's type trade can be made
I never even considered adding at the TDL an option for this year and would suggest that anyone who did probably needs medication.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I never even considered adding at the TDL an option for this year and would suggest that anyone who did probably needs medication.
I agree but remember going in to the season that it was mentioned as a possibility on the broadcasts

p.s. I think MOST of us need medication

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
2015 Kings vibes from these losers.

Good enough to play with anyone on any given night, but bad enough that they'll cough up every 'must win' game and finish like one point short or some shit.

That's too far. The 2015 Kings were a playoff tested bunch. Almost half the 2021 roster hasn't played 100 games, let alone a minute in the playoffs, and more than half the roster hasn't played the equivalent of 2 NHL seasons. It has more guys at or around their mid 30's than in their prime.

Losing 2 in regulation to this Sharks team after a gutsy win against Vegas is very disheartening, but not 2015 disheartening.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I agree but remember going in to the season that it was mentioned as a possibility on the broadcasts

p.s. I think MOST of us need medication

They would've had to have a pretty great season for the deadline to matter. Like better than 4th in the division great. Realistically, it would've been the Modin/Halpern type move, not Carter/Gaborik. Not that they gave up all that much for Gaborik.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
That's too far. The 2015 Kings were a playoff tested bunch. Almost half the 2021 roster hasn't played 100 games, let alone a minute in the playoffs, and more than half the roster hasn't played the equivalent of 2 NHL seasons. It has more guys at or around their mid 30's than in their prime.

Losing 2 in regulation to this Sharks team after a gutsy win against Vegas is very disheartening, but not 2015 disheartening.
Agreed

let's also give Jones some credit here. It could have very easily been 3-0 after the first. He always plays lights out against us

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

The emotional swings vs. expectations though, I think, are similar. I was going to say '09 Kings but I think that year we kind of played to expectations--got run out of the building vs DRW and the powerhouses, mostly took care of business otherwise, showed growth, fell short. I know the ending is likely to be the same here--but the letdown games are fast and furious. Think of the Minnesota games, with seconds left. The Ducks games. The first Sharks game, coughing up a lead with seconds. These last two--played well vs. a SC favorite, then shit the bed twice vs. a fellow rebuilder, and how: played immensely well in the first one and just couldn't finish the opportunities, including an inexplicable open net with both Carter AND Kopitar. And then just forgetting structure altogether last night.

I mean it's not necessarily a direct comparison, I just mean the fragility in key moments--in this case it's hopefully a learning experience for a growing roster rather than an unraveling experience for a roster slowing down, but these are the Calgary/Edmonton letdown games all over again. Run most of the game, break down catastrophically, and completely whiff on not just grade A opportunities but grade AAA open nets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad