YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Is fun banned now?
ReQIvld.gif
most other things in the world seem to be

bland

Jul 1, 2004
he's actually growing on me the last couple games...I was asking myself, "who would I rather have in the lineup, Matta or McDermid"-- I was leaning towards Mac D!
Thank Matt Roy and the decision to switch the LD and RD on the 1-3-1 set up.

That's why Maatta and MacDermid have looked better of late - those two and Bjornfot to a lesser degree have been torched when asked to hold the blueline. A few games ago they switched up the roles on the 2nd and 3rd pairings off of faceoffs and had the RD take the more difficult spot up on the left side of the 3 part of the 1-3-1 while allowing the LD to sag in deeper. MacDermid and Maatta improved immediately.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Thank Matt Roy and the decision to switch the LD and RD on the 1-3-1 set up.

That's why Maatta and MacDermid have looked better of late - those two and Bjornfot to a lesser degree have been torched when asked to hold the blueline. A few games ago they switched up the roles on the 2nd and 3rd pairings off of faceoffs and had the RD take the more difficult spot up on the left side of the 3 part of the 1-3-1 while allowing the LD to sag in deeper. MacDermid and Maatta improved immediately.
guess that would explain why i saw mac patrolling a bit more aggressively, looking for the bigger hits on entry. couldn't really pinpoint what it was systems-wise that was different, but there was a different look

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Here's a fun little fact: Brown is 25 games away from entering the top 100 most games played in the NHL. Only Patrick Marleau, Joe Thornton, Zdeno Chara, and Eric Staal are in front of him among active players. If we assume he breaks that record this year (26 games left this season), then he's only 117 games away from the top 50 all time.

Not bad for a dude that sucks at hockey.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Here's a fun little fact: Brown is 25 games away from entering the top 100 most games played in the NHL. Only Patrick Marleau, Joe Thornton, Zdeno Chara, and Eric Staal are in front of him among active players. If we assume he breaks that record this year (26 games left this season), then he's only 117 games away from the top 50 all time.

Can fire hydrants be on NHL all time record lists?

Reactions: Lt Dan

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
One of those times when you're glad you have an account on these boards. Honestly didn't know we had a game tonight. Not sure if I should watch it or not, be it that it's the backend of a back to back.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
Stoked to watch this one, missed the last bunch of games with work. I feel like they'll get the best version of the Sharks tonight but still come out on top.

bland

Jul 1, 2004

And some of them were pretty good too.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
audio sounds like shit right? fox sounds like he's talking into a tin can for me

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Whoever is controlling the camera is just having a terrible night. It’s almost unwatchable at times. Shaky. Jumpy. Just terrible.

Reactions: tny760

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Whoever is controlling the camera is just having a terrible night. It’s almost unwatchable at times. Shaky. Jumpy. Just terrible.
i know i complain about this a lot but i really hope this isn't a sign of things to come with the bally transition

not sure if its guys mailing it in on their way out the door or what bally considers acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad