GDT: 2020-21 season game 31 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @7:30pm 3/22/21

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Kings' started by kingsboy11, Mar 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingsboy11 Quinton Byfield no matter what

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I can't fault MacDermid on the first goal, that's just unlucky. You can put some fault on him on the 2nd goal where he got beat badly on the outside, but again its still an unlucky bounce. I'm more pissed at the offense than MacDermid last night

2. bland Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Its just one goal though. The first is entirely on Quick. The second is a fluke created by one slightly poor decision. The first one was a yip by the goalie.

Fundamentally, I believe fans get way too caught up in looking to blame somebody for every goal. There are very few instances of individuals making poor decisions that lead directly to goals, with Quick last night and Brown the night before being two perfect examples. We cannot expect perfect decisions in every circumstance, its just not possible. The bigger problem yesterday was the attack.

But as far as the big picture goes, yes absolutely the team must improve their left defense in order to reach another level. I thought that Mikey Anderson had a really, really poor game with the puck last night. Whiffing on wristers, 15 foot passes going to players back feet. He looked rattled. One could just as easily assume that his inability to keep offensive pressure going was just as problematic as MacDermid having a puck deflect in off his skate. But we know he will improve and has earned enough good will that nobody even mentions his struggle. MacDermid doesn't have that good will, and he is goated here despite having the best game of the three LHD last night

3. tny760 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    i'm not quite sure i understand how it's "beat badly to the outside" when it's macdermid but bjornfot and roy are praised for "keeping it to the outside"

he had to respect gabriel as the one timer threat in the slot, he forced the play below the goal line into a low/zero percentage area without a pass.. that's doing your job as a defenseman. if we want to have a conversation about cutting through the crease there's one to be had but any other defenseman does that and we're all sitting here going "aw bad luck, fluke bounce" and that's bullshit imo

again i'm going to reference the coaching staff and say that maybe they know what they're doing

4. tny760 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    bingo

0/5 PP

nothing else matters beyond that to be honest

5. Schmooley Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    That is interesting I didnt know that. So they also thought it could work. I dont get to follow the AHL team really though I appreciate the people on here posting highlights this year of the prospects.

6. Raccoon Jesus President of Vilardi Fan Club

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Real Estate

Hockey is a game of errors. Everyone gets beat, and makes a bad decision. It's about frequency.

If the coaching staff wanted him in the lineup every game, he'd be in the lineup regularly when everyone was healthy, too.

I'll say it again--it's a ripple effect throughout the lineup. MacDermid caused damage in his 10 minutes. And he forced Drew to play 30. Amongst other things. It's like JMFJ's minuses--eventually I don't give a shit WHAT the reason is, the insanely bad record with KM in the lineup will need to be addressed. It could be his pregame meal turns everyone's stomachs for all I care, but when the expectation is playoffs, this will change. Right now? Don't care. Keep it rolling and let him kill people while we blackhole or fringe the playoffs. But that's the kind of guy who will actively lose you a playoff series at some point if not addressed while people keep blaming his ripple effects on the phase of the moon.

But yes, in the small picture, it's a 3-2 league, and last night we didn't muster enough to win 1-0. That's not solely on MacD, but I also don't understand why talking about his issues is like summoning Voldemort, I think I've proven to be an equal opportunity asshole to this whole roster this year

cyclones22 and LT Dan like this.
  7. tny760 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    i don't think you're being unfair and i think we're on the same page that he doesn't play playoff games but yeah, we're not there. but maybe he's healthier than strand, maybe he plays the system better. no one here knows, he's in and that's that.

i'm just calling out a general double standard on this forum from a lot of posters who are more than willing to minimize other players' mistakes to the point of not even mentioning them (and ignoring anything that mac does well), but are more than happy to pile onto mac even when it's openly hypocritical. i don't like how it's all the $875k good soldier's fault when you have what, $30M failing to convert a power play, or even enter the zone cleanly for that matter, on 5 attempts.. i think that's a really shitty attitude. he pulls his weight and makes mistakes that are expected for a 6/7D. maybe those goals don't happen if he was just standing in front of quick crosschecking guys but i guarantee this board would lose their collective mind over that the first time he took a penalty for it too. he can't win.

8. tny760 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    yeah i dug a bit but can't find it in the mess that LAKI has become, i really think it was just 1 game or something, they mentioned it passively in an article iirc

Schmooley likes this.
  9. AlphaBravo Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Lifeguard
    Guys like Vilardi should get playing time. But if they are ineffective for stretches, it doesn't hurt them to sit a game or two to just refocus.

Rumpelstiltskin likes this.
  10. cyclones22 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I hope Seattle selects MacDermid. That is all.

Okay I lied, there's more. I've been hoping to see Lizotte paired with Vilardi for awhile now because I think stylistically they fit. So glad to finally see it.

11. BigKing Modry Sucks

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Home Page:
    For me, I think it is a belief that sitting him in favor of someone else = playoffs, as if they are that close and he is the sole reason why they lose. Of course, they don't have a perfect record this season when he is out of the lineup so it obviously isn't just MacDermid. I'm not accusing you of any of this, but the venom against him is a bit much. I get it with Amadio because he was getting more prim chances and he offers absolutely zero if he isn't scoring whereas MacDermid brings an element that nobody on this roster has.

He's low hanging fruit because, yes, he is the worst player on the team from a pure skills point of view. When this team was complete trash, the chorus against him wasn't as loud because it didn't matter but now there are a lot of fans tasting playoffs right now so the chorus is turning into a bit of a mob. Then you have those that don't care about physical play, intangibles and especially fighting so then he is a real non-starter.

I love fighting so I'm all in on him; however, I've said time and time again that he will not be getting minutes for this team once they are legit. Well, they are not legit so here we are. I know I'm beating a dead horse here but the roster decisions being made this year do not appear based on trying to win as many games as possible. Shit...the coaching decisions don't either. Development, culture building, implementing T-Mac's system, expansion draft...these are the important things this season.

12. tbrown33 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I'd like to see Lias-Vilardi paired up, personally.

cyclones22 likes this.
  13. Reaper45 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    On the pp maybe. Otherwise they’re too slow.

14. Kudelski37 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    MacD is the 7th D on a borderline playoff team. He is not in the team's long term future plans, yet he is better than previous cup winning defenseman like Brooks Orpik with the Caps. It is like complaining about your daughter's 7th grade boyfriend. It is a short term problem that will quickly resolve itself.

BigKing likes this.
  15. Raccoon Jesus President of Vilardi Fan Club

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Real Estate
    I wish!

Absolutely. But I'm still gonna clean my rifles right in front of him.

tny760 and LT Dan like this.
  16. BigKing Modry Sucks

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Home Page:
    Personally, MacD sending that clown to the room for repairs after he chirped the team in pre-game was one of the highlights of the season.

Make no mistake: the fights in the past few games are very good for this team going forward even if they all featured guys that probably won't be here when this team finally turns the corner. The Kings have six fights all season but have three in the last four games with all of them being a response to some jackassery. This team has routinely failed to respond to cheapshots and/or getting punked but they've acted like a real hockey team lately.

A team can't be successful unless you know your teammates have your back. It's all part of the process and, IMO, is more important than the two points last night.

17. Bandit HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Tell that to Rob Gordon. Allison Ashmore married Kevin Bannister.

18. kingsfan28 Its A Kingspiracy !

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    graphic designer
    So what did the sharks coaches get fined for against us last night? we're they barking at our bench or the refs too much?

19. King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Gabriel crosschecked/shoved MacDermid before the game as they were both at the center line

20. deaderhead28 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  21. Little Psycho Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Ok you're not friends anymore but hunting him during warmups was dumbass move.

YP44, Raccoon Jesus and King'sPawn like this.
  22. bland Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Imagine buying half of your own ass kicking, and putting the rest on your bosses tab.

23. King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Yup.

Not even saying he has no reason to hold a grudge, as I don't know what the history is. But still a dipshit thing to do.

24. Raccoon Jesus President of Vilardi Fan Club

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Real Estate
    Made me spit out my drink :laugh:

25. tny760 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    it just adds to the chump aura for gabriel, complaining about personal history to gain some moral high ground after getting your ass handed to you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.