GDT: 2020-21 season game 31 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @7:30pm 3/22/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
You know, just a thought, but when you have the goalie pulled and Kopitar has the puck on the half wall, maybe everyone else should move so that there’s at least ONE f***ING PASS he can make that doesn’t have to go from San Jose to Tierra Del Fuego to connect with a teammate?
it's very frustrating

it's part kopitar stapling himself there, part everyone else expecting him to just snap his fingers and have the puck appear on their tape

i don't like hearing kopitar shout for the puck just to literally stand still on the hashes but everyone else has to do their part too

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
These are the games that make me think it wouldn’t be the worst thing to miss the playoffs and end up with another lottery pick. It reminds me of the 6-5 OTL game against the Ducks a few weeks back. We’re not a talented enough roster yet. I know we already have a deep prospect pool, but another blue chip prospect wouldn’t hurt.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
These are the games that make me think it wouldn’t be the worst thing to miss the playoffs and end up with another lottery pick. It reminds me of the 6-5 OTL game against the Ducks a few weeks back. We’re not a talented enough roster yet. I know we already have a deep prospect pool, but another blue chip prospect wouldn’t hurt.
Can they draft a damn goal scorer?! Even in the offseason, they should sign a goal scorer if one is available

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
it's very frustrating

it's part kopitar stapling himself there, part everyone else expecting him to just snap his fingers and have the puck appear on their tape

i don't like hearing kopitar shout for the puck just to literally stand still on the hashes but everyone else has to do their part too
Definitely some of that is on Kopitar. I’ve complained for years that he staples his ass to the boards, but god damn someone do a video session to show these bozos that zero passing options leads to zero goals.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Can they draft a damn goal scorer?! Even in the offseason, they should sign a goal scorer if one is available

We do clearly need more offense from the backend. It’s Doughty and then mediocrity. It’s why Blake was rumored to be looking for a dynamic LHD. Roy and Walker are puck-moving defenseman, but they are not offensive defenseman. Bjornfot the same. Anderson isn’t going to bring that either.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
there's part of me that just wants to send out the f***in JAD line to cycle on the PP, at least maybe they'd find a hole through effort

Reactions: LAKings88

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
We do clearly need more offense from the backend. It’s Doughty and then mediocrity. It’s why Blake was rumored to be looking for a dynamic LHD. Roy and Walker are puck-moving defenseman, but they are not offensive defenseman. Bjornfot the same. Anderson isn’t going to bring that either.
Yup, it's a glaring problem. Everytime I see Walker rush in the offensive zone I clutch my pearls, it's not his thing.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You get what you deserve.

SJ had a horseshoe up their asses too, and it would be nice for the Kings to win with their "B" game once in a blue f***ing moon and not need the trifecta of perfect special teams/insane goaltending/puck luck to win, but at the same time I want the Kings to eat the shit sandwich they put together tonight.

Reactions: 21Dog

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Just a question, why exactly was MacDermid in the lineup? He was mostly useless and hurt the team tonight.

Maatta hurt, presumably, but beyond that, if you find out why he was out there with Doughty to try to get a goal back with like 2 min left, let us know please

MacD with as many or more shifts than any other dman not named Doughty after his 2nd goal against is just inexcusable coaching.

Last edited:

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
One other thing, Jones is a big goalie. Do the Kings know they should be shooting pucks high when Jones is going down in the butterfly on just about every shot?

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Some unlucky bounces, but Quick should've gloved the first one, Donato blew by McD on the second one, Brown missed an open net on one of the PPs I think, and Carter could've easily scored on the open net at the end. And someone tell coaches not to put Brown anywhere but the front of the net on the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad