GDT: 2020-21 season game 30 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @3:00pm 3/21/21

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
I agree. Total D move to wind up like that with 2 seconds left down by 2.

Well, what do you expect? Despite being down by two with seconds left, might as well shoot it and see if it goes in. It's called making a statement and salvaging something of a not great game for them.

DrHansReinhardt

Nov 12, 2019
Drafting 14th
Well, what do you expect? Despite being down by two with seconds left, might as well shoot it and see if it goes in. It's called making a statement and salvaging something of a not great game for them.
you may be a D too, I don't know you can anyone vouch for this guy? lol but seriously, to blast a slapper into players after you've lost is unnecessary and could result in harming fellow players. Poor sportsmanship period.

Reactions: funky

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
you may be a D too, I don't know you can anyone vouch for this guy? lol but seriously, to blast a slapper into players after you've lost is unnecessary and could result in harming fellow players. Poor sportsmanship period.

And why should he care about the well-being of the opposing team? If this action suits their team and hurts the opposing team, so be it. It's crass. I get it, but it's sports. They are going to do what they can to run over the opposing team in any way mentality that they can to get the edge.

If he was purely trying to score then he wouldn't have hesitated looking for a pass before taking a stride or two and winding it up. He would've fired it on net immediately with a wrister. File this under "accidentally on purpose". It's chicken shit and par for the course with this guy.

It's somewhat different but it reminded me of when Ottawa was playing the Ducks in the SCF and (I think) Daniel Alfredsson rifled a puck at Scott Niedermeyer at the end of period.

Seriously, I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to explain myself. If you don't think that was a douche bag move then you're cut from the same cloth as another poster stated above.

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
I think it's a poor classless move, don't get me wrong. However, the mindset of a player of the Vegas Golden Knights is the following. They don't give any s*** about the well-being of the opposing team unless they somehow get suspended in the process. This team wants to do everything they can and will do to break the opposing team, mentally. I'm not encouraging it, but I can see why they would pull stuff like this if it affects the opposing team later on.

Reactions: bouncesonly

DrHansReinhardt

Nov 12, 2019
Drafting 14th
And why should he care about the well-being of the opposing team? If this action suits their team and hurts the opposing team, so be it. It's crass. I get it, but it's sports. They are going to do what they can to run over the opposing team in any way mentality that they can to get the edge.
People nowadays have little regard for others. Hurting the other team is bush league. Beating the other team, on the scoreboard, is the mission.

I think it's a poor classless move, don't get me wrong. However, the mindset of a player of the Vegas Golden Knights is the following. They don't give any s*** about the well-being of the opposing team unless they somehow get suspended in the process. This team wants to do everything they can and will do to break the opposing team, mentally. I'm not encouraging it, but I can see why they would pull stuff like this if it affects the opposing team later on.

That's the whole point. I'm glad we now agree!

If a player from the Kings in turn slapped the puck at their bench in an effort to clear the puck I would be embarrassed. That's what this type of chicken shit behavior can escalate to. I'm pretty sure VGK has already broken the Kings mentally with their play so they don't really need to resort to this nonsense. This is just par for the course with that team so it's not exactly surprising.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If he was purely trying to score then he wouldn't have hesitated looking for a pass before taking a stride or two and winding it up. He would've fired it on net immediately with a wrister. File this under "accidentally on purpose". It's chicken shit and par for the course with this guy.

It's somewhat different but it reminded me of when Ottawa was playing the Ducks in the SCF and (I think) Daniel Alfredsson rifled a puck at Scott Niedermeyer at the end of period.

Seriously, I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to explain myself. If you don't think that was a douche bag move then you're cut from the same cloth as another poster stated above.

doesn't mean I would not love him as a king. guy hates to lose and is so good.

Every single one of you is correct, though.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Damn Vilardi regulated to the 4th line with Lizotte. Demotion x 1000.
I said before and I'll say it again Gabe isn't fast enough nor does he skate well enough to be a 2nd line Centre...RWing here it comes especially with Byfield and Turcotte, two natural skaters and better playmakers than Vilardi! And I'm not shitting on Gabe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad