GDT: 2020-21 season game 29 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 3/19/21

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Kings' started by kingsboy11, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Mats26 Youth Movement

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    .500 team at best vs cup contenders. Can't get too upset... they were in it. Vilardi is a huge concern for me.

2. crassbonanza Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000

I'm honestly just happy that we are competing. There are growing pains, but the transition has been way better than I had imagined.

Oof, yankeeking and tny760 like this.
  3. kingsboy11 Quinton Byfield no matter what

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Thought we might get something when we tied it up, but class wins out.

4. kingsholygrail Yabai! Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Product Support
    It's Vilardi's first full season. He'll be fine.

yankeeking likes this.
  5. kingsfan28 Its A Kingspiracy !

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    graphic designer
    He's a rookie with only 30 plus games under his belt. Give him time before you right him off. I wonder if NJ fans feel the same way about Jack Hughes because he only has 16 points for them.

6. GoldenBearHockey Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    My only concern with Vilardi is his skating.....he's got the skill, the skating has to matchup, but like the post says, 30 total games...no reason to be worried about him overall.

7. Mats26 Youth Movement

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    He isn't going to wake up with magical skates. If he doesn't fix his skating he'll never reach his potential. He is too slow and can't close the gaps fast enough or create seperation. Seems to be struggling with conditioning and with carrying the extra weight he added. Lots of work to do this summer for him.

8. Axl Rhoadz Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Faust is an idiot:

"The beauty of this game is that it doesn't matter if Vegas gets two points, the Kings aren't chasing them."

9. kingsholygrail Yabai! Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Product Support
    It appears he took his stupid pills today.

andys and crassbonanza like this.
  10. KingsFan7824 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Home Page:
    3-5-3 since the high point of the year on Feb 24. That's 27th in total points, but 25th in pts%. 2-5-4 in regulation. 1-3 in OT.

23rd in GF per game. 3rd in PP goals, but 25th at 5v5. Sitting at 19th in 5v5 GA.

8-9-4 against the 4 teams ahead of them. 4-2-2 against the 3 teams below them.

11. WHOneedsSOX Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Lol I think he's a fantastic play by play guy but man he says some dumb stuff sometimes.

Butch 19 likes this.
  12. ru4reals Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Yeah we lost it is what it is, Vegas is a good team we hung in there as long as we can. But pretty disappointing we have no one with the cahones to send any type of message. McDerp played to neutralize Reeves but Tuch smoked Vilardi and b***** slapped a few of our guys and nothing. Not saying goon it up but wish it was back in the days when something can be done.

13. kingsfan28 Its A Kingspiracy !

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    graphic designer
    Yeah, thats what I didn't like about tonight. They showed them way too much respect , while Vegas could care less and was taking runs at our guys at times.

ru4reals likes this.
  14. johnjm22 16,005

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I just don't think the Kings can score enough to hang around in this playoff race much longer.

I swear Quick has terrible luck. Always plays better than his stats. Again tonight, two perfect deflections into the net.

I'm not all that worried about Vilardi. He's a 21 yo rookie playing his first full season of hockey in years. The skating is a concern though.

I'm starting to see the criticisms of AA's game that the staff complained about in Detroit. He's always trying to stick handle through people. He's gotta know when to dump in, or go wide, or dish off.

With JAD, the Kings look like they have two decent lines. But the other 2 lines are just a mishmash of players that don't really compliment eachother.

Raccoon Jesus and kingsboy11 like this.
  15. AlphaBravo Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Lifeguard
    Not surprised we lost. We are not yet at VGK level. Consider the number of times we play VGK as we wind down the season, it doesn’t look like we have a shot at the playoffs. I agree with most here. Not a big fan of Vilardi’s skating. For example, even when Kempe is not scoring, he is driving play and doing something out there. Same with AA. Vilardi is mostly invisible. They should try moving him to wing and giving Turcotte a shot at the 2C position.

Quick made some good saves, but he seemed to be flipping around the net. I don’t blame him one bit for the loss. Too many turnovers during the game and grade A chances, but I still think Peterson is the better goalie and should get the majority of the starts.

21Dog and LT Dan like this.
  16. crassbonanza Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Honestly he is a shit play by play guy.

He doesn't understand the sport, despite calling it for years now. He misses easy calls that a casual viewers would catch. He also can't distinguish players still, Carter looks way different than AA.

He doesn't actually call the game. His play by play is mostly him chatting with Fox about things that have nothing to do with the game. He also seems to have a set of things he wants to mention during the broadcast, but he lacks the concept of when to use them. So he starts on his tangent that he researched before the game and feels annoyed when action happens during his delivery of it.

He doesn't seem to want to become better either. Bjornfot told him the appropriate way to pronounce his name and he just said I'm not going to. The worst part is that he told that story.

I've heard he is an awesome guy and I believe it, but he is not a good local broadcaster. To be honest the entire production has gone downhill so it isn't just Faust, but he is a big part of it.

17. Axl Rhoadz Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    You make an interesting point and I think the AA/Krug fight from last game was a prime example. He literally had no idea that was in retaliation over the Krug hit on Kopitar. I mean as soon as they started swinging and I saw who it was, I was thinking 'right on AA', standing up for the captain....Faust couldn't connect the dots.

crassbonanza likes this.
  18. andys Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Kings will never beat the Colorado's and Vegas teams with the slugs they have playing with Kopi-Star they aren't front line players and no one is shaking in their boots at the rest of our line up yet

19. andys Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Faust is an annoying loud mouth snook

20. Axl Rhoadz Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Captain Obvious has entered the building....

21. Butch 19 Go cart Mozart

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    have the kings even got a SOG when they pull their goalie?

they did not last night.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  22. Fishhead Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    The Kings have had 12 scoring chances for with the goalie pulled this year, which is low-middle, but it's hard to compare teams because the time teams spend with the goalie out can vary dramatically. They are definitely not great at it, but not terrible either. They haven't scored yet, and are middle of the pack with 4 EN goals against.

Against empty nets, they are tied for 5th with 6 goals. That's a welcome change from the past.

Butch 19 likes this.
  23. lumbergh Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    That Karlsson goal had nothing to do with Vilardi’s skating. He looks overmatched out there. The numbers reflect it. He also looks gassed. I think a night off would do him some good. Spend some time with coaches and film, get his legs back, and get his head square.

Nobody is writing him off, but right now he’s a weak link and other teams are exploiting it.

tny760 and KingsCourt like this.
  24. bland Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    The beauty of a prospect Vilardi's age is that he has proven he belongs, but can still be sent down to revive his offensive timing and confidence. They should absolutely give Gabe a week or two to sharpen up and build some relationships with the high end kids in Ontario.

You have an Amadio for just this reason. I know its the joy of so many lives to torment and ridicule this man, but use him for the greater good and not some playoff fantasy.

Rumpelstiltskin likes this.
  25. Bandit HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I don’t hate Amadio because I think he’s somehow the one player that’s keeping the kings from making the playoffs. I hate him because watching him play makes my eyes bleed.

Agree about Vilardi though.