GDT: 2020-21 season game 28 LA Kings vs St. Louis Blues 7:00pm 3/17/21

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Might just be one of their best games all year. In control through 60 minutes.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
I look at the Blues GDT, see it was started on Monday, and think "god damn, Blues fans are hardcore with their GDT's. oh.....yeah, game was canceled lol"

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Doughty got an assist on Kopi's empty netter? Love NHL scoring. They better not take it away this time around. LOL.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
NOt that I disagreed but I'm starting to really feel like this is the case.

They'e given him two of the fastest wingers of the game and he still can't really cover enough ice to play C effectively in the Kings' system. He's got the ability and the brain, but not the feet.

It'll help him learn some defensive responsibility which is great but the guy is dangerous in tight spaces and from the blueline in, let's stop making him have the puck so much high in the zones or low behind our net.

I have mentioned this over the past couple of years when we have discussed and compared our center prospects, and I haven't seen anything yet that has changed my opinion. Vilardi has a narrow sphere of influence on the game. He is really good in small, concentrated areas but doesn't have a great deal of impact over a large area of the ice.

Traditional forward roles are evolving so it doesn't really matter too much, but I would really like to see him get a run on the wing so he take advantage of those concentrated areas from the wall and corners to the slot. That's where he will make his impact, not from the top of the circles. Just doesn't have that first step from distance in his belt.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Another big test coming against the Knights. Brown's a game time decision apparently. Kings are officially halfway through the season now? 28 games?

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Man, he played nothing like this in his first couple times being called up. Love this kid right now!
I am very happy for him. I remember at development camp a few years ago and watching Gabe and how proficient and workmanlike he was with the puck. Then there was this Russian guy down at the other end that was just killing it in the drills. I remember thinking that the Kings didn't have any Russians coming to camp so he must have been a late invite. He skated closer and I saw his jersey -- Anderson-Dolan -- all those letters.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Solid win tonight. 3 points back now. This is the team they can catch . but they will have to get some points against the teams they can beat and not throw them away.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
With one make up game left, Kings are 5-1-1 against the Blues this year. Are the Kings 2-2-3 versus the Wild this year? I know they have one left to make up there too.

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
It’s incredible what a big difference JAD makes to this team. I had honestly written him off as a typical dime a dozen 4c type but he has really evolved. It might be premature but he has basically locked the 3C position.

All 3 of Anderson-Dolan, Moore and Grundstrom can skate, handle the puck, forecheck, win battles and connect short passes in their sleep. Each one of them
gets 2-3 touches each shift - if not more. Anderson-Dolan is more shifty than I knew...and smart. Has better vision than I knew as well. He has 3 goals on 6 shots!
He should shoot more. Give these 3 a second unit PP shift.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
It’s incredible what a big difference JAD makes to this team. I had honestly written him off as a typical dime a dozen 4c type but he has really evolved. It might be premature but he has basically locked the 3C position.

Thats why it’s important to be patient with these kids once they are drafted. We are impatient fans expecting instant results.

There was a recent article in The Athletic about Byfield needing to call his sweet ol’ Mum every day to learn how to cook, do laundry, etc. and during a pandemic in a big city like LA.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad