GDT: 2020-21 season game 27 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @2:30pm 3/14/21

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
Who cares if Blake could have gotten a 2C. Would it have mattered?

Remember the idea of trading Carter was brought up before he suffered his recent injuries. There would have been plenty of takers, because teams are always looking to add at the deadline for a playoff push.
He was one of the few to survive the purge.
Of himself, Brown, Doughty, Kopitar , and Quick it does make the most sense to trade him

I wonder if he didn't want a trade or threatened to retire.
We would be f***ed by the cap recapture if he retired, right?

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Who cares if Blake could have gotten a 2C. Would it have mattered?

Remember the idea of trading Carter was brought up before he suffered his recent injuries. There would have been plenty of takers, because teams are always looking to add at the deadline for a playoff push.

Exactly, the entire point of a rebuild is to move out aging players for picks and prospects. You are supposed to struggle, you aren't supposed to have ready made replacements step in seamlessly. You step back to grow forward.

The reason Carter is still here is that he was too hurt and unproductive to deal over the past two years. If leadership and/or example setting were the purpose, the Kings would have been far better off retaining Clifford or Lewis.

I like Carter and have always been a fan, but his race has been run. You can see it in his body language. He is constantly talking to opposition goalies in a friendly manner after saves, he doesn't dig in on backchecks anymore, he is on the banquet circuit now and just pleasantly playing out his string. The competitive fire is gone and that isn't a great example for kids.

As far as replacing him, unfortunately Frk has been hurt, but in all honesty you really wouldn't be losing much production from that spot if you had Luff holding that place until a better option is developed.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
As far as replacing him, unfortunately Frk has been hurt, but in all honesty you really wouldn't be losing much production from that spot if you had Luff holding that place until a better option is developed.
Jesus, I honestly forgot all about him

I must hate consonants. I probably am due for some sensitivity training

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
He was one of the few to survive the purge.
Of himself, Brown, Doughty, Kopitar , and Quick it does make the most sense to trade him

I wonder if he didn't want a trade or threatened to retire.
We would be f***ed by the cap recapture if he retired, right?
Yes, if Carter had retired the Kings would have been on the hook for the recapture penalty. This is the major reason it has been too late for a while now.

The time to pull the trigger on a Carter trade would have been at the deadline in the 2015-16, 2016-17, or even the 2017-18 season. I my mind 2016-17 was the right time. I think if Carter had retired then, he would have been leaving around $18M on the table. No way he was going to quit and not collect most of that money.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Carter was never traded at the dead line because his deal was still long term, teams are adding late 20's soon to be UFAs not mid 30s with 4 years on his contract

Reactions: DrHansReinhardt

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Jesus, I honestly forgot all about him

I must hate consonants. I probably am due for some sensitivity training

Frk played one game, then got hurt again. same groin injury I think he suffered at training camp. Weird way he did it too, just a simple stop up along the boards,

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Part of me wonders if they should try Lizotte with AA/Carter again.

Get Vilardi with Moore/Grundy?

Then again if JAD back, I really want to see that line together again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->