GDT: 2020-21 season game 27 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @2:30pm 3/14/21

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Too bad.
I was never a big Frk fan when he was in Detroit's system. Skating is the big issue I had. But I appreciated the way he persevered and made it back to the show.

I mentioned it before. But I feel for him. The Kings were already his second chance, and this is the year before a lot of the forward prospects really arrive. If he doesn’t prove it this year, he likely doesn’t get a chance with the Kings next year.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Carter is filling an extremely important role as a mentor for the young guys.

So I was told.

And yet, for as lousy as you think he is, the youth still can't supplant him.

Guess they need to get better to replace him. You know, like when Voynov replaced Johnson.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
I still think the Blues are the team for the taking. They match up well with them and have a chance to pick up some points against them this week.
The blues comentators in the STL v VGK game mentioned the kings neutral zone system and how much the blues struggled against it

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Maybe someone in the league office should have thought about this before having the Kings fly into Denver knowing that a generational blizzard was going to hit before they were going to be able to fly back out.

The worst part of the storm got delayed. Was supposed to start dumping Fri-Sat, but pushed back a day. Even us locals didn’t know until after the Kings game Fri.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
The Avs are getting all the bounces but they are creating them.

this is our main problem their talent wins out offensively at least . There was a three on 2 in the third. The kopi on the left and Iaffalo with the puck in the middle instead of passing it to an open space where Kopi could skate onto it he held onto it for too long in the middle and skated to the crease where there was two defenseman him and Kempe , too many bodies to pass and no shot and it just never connected and never became an opportunity or chance, when we get a little more offensive talent and continue to play as hard as we do now then the playoffs will come , seems familiar as 2009/2010 but with a little 2011 growth in there

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
And yet, for as lousy as you think he is, the youth still can't supplant him.

Guess they need to get better to replace him. You know, like when Voynov replaced Johnson.
I don't think Carter is lousy. I think the Kings could have acquired some valuable assets for him had he been traded a few years ago.

Tell me, what would have been the difference to the Kings in the standings, or in any other way?

I would have been fine with signing a bridge veteran to take Carter's spot in the lineup. I don't see why keeping so many vets who won cups with the Kings was a priority for so long. What is happening with some of these guys now was inevitable. You just refused to see it then, or now.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Maybe someone in the league office should have thought about this before having the Kings fly into Denver knowing that a generational blizzard was going to hit before they were going to be able to fly back out.
Maybe they should just go ahead and play another game against the Avs today or tomorrow just to scratch another one against them off the schedule.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Sorry if this has been covered ... but was the reasoning for JAD to be on this road trip, but yet he didn't play? Was there ever an update on that?

DrHansReinhardt

Nov 12, 2019
Drafting 14th
I don't think Carter is lousy. I think the Kings could have acquired some valuable assets for him had he been traded a few years ago.

Tell me, what would have been the difference to the Kings in the standings, or in any other way?

I would have been fine with signing a bridge veteran to take Carter's spot in the lineup. I don't see why keeping so many vets who won cups with the Kings was a priority for so long. What is happening with some of these guys now was inevitable. You just refused to see it then, or now.
Except in reality nobody wanted or wants Carter. Who was that bridge player that would be more productive than Jeff?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

like who? Who could Blake have gotten for under 5 mil thats worth a damn at 2nd center? Turris, Staal, no way. Plus, right now they are only paying him 2 mil a year in real salary, anyone else it's twice that plus. Remember, this is Carters first healthy year in about 3 seasons, nobody would've traded for him in 2018/19 without us eating some of his cap hit for the rest of his deal.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Carter plays ok a couple times a week. On most nights hes pretty disengaged unless he has a clear opportunity to rush up ice and really just plays a straight north and south game running through the motions

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
like who? Who could Blake have gotten for under 5 mil thats worth a damn at 2nd center? Turris, Staal, no way. Plus, right now they are only paying him 2 mil a year in real salary, anyone else it's twice that plus. Remember, this is Carters first healthy year in about 3 seasons, nobody would've traded for him in 2018/19 without us eating some of his cap hit for the rest of his deal.
Who cares if Blake could have gotten a 2C. Would it have mattered?

Remember the idea of trading Carter was brought up before he suffered his recent injuries. There would have been plenty of takers, because teams are always looking to add at the deadline for a playoff push.

Reactions: Lt Dan and bland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->