GDT: 2020-21 season game 20 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @5:00pm 2/27/21

Do you like our Reverse Retro jerseys?

• Total voters

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I never seen a more softer team. If this is what Blake is building, we won't win anything because our prospects will be on IR most of the time. This team needs some ballz, size and a crease clearing d-man.

J Smoove

Oct 8, 2015
I never seen a more softer team. If this is what Blake is building, we won't win anything because our prospects will be on IR most of the time. This team needs some ballz, size and a crease clearing d-man.
It's true. All the speed in the world doesn't mean anything when half your team is injured three games into a playoff series.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I get it’s frustrating to see on of our guys get injured but to want to see someone on the opposite side get hurt isn’t right.

Kid is an exciting player to watch just wish he would save his goals for the other clubs in the division.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Grab Foligno by the collar and f***ing pull him out then.

Between guys being untouched in front of the net and guys getting free passes for hospitalizing players, no wonder they keep doing it.

You think the 2014 Kings would let Greenway shank Quick's glove?

Man if only the 2021 Kings were as pissed off as me watching this bullshit unfold over 7 games.
I have no problem running those punks the rest of the game. At the time, you gotta protect Anderson from further injury first and foremost.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
At times like this it makes me so happy that the North Stars left for Dallas and promptly won the Cup.
Remember some of those Minnesota (Bloomington)North Stars teams! Stanley Cup semifinalists to eventual Cup winner Montreal Canadiens in 1971! JP(Jeep) Parise(Canada),Father of Zach Parise(USA) and many other players...Worsley,Maniago,Barrett,Harris,Gibbs,Reid,OBrien,Nanne...Jude Drouin,Grant,Goldsworthy...

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I get it’s frustrating to see on of our guys get injured but to want to see someone on the opposite side get hurt isn’t right.

Kid is an exciting player to watch just wish he would save his goals for the other clubs in the division.
no, i genuinely hope he doesn't get an ACL injury, that would be a shame and i would hate to see it happen

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I mean this wasn't that bad of a hit. This wasn't Fiala on Roy.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Remember some of those Minnesota (Bloomington)North Stars teams! Stanley Cup semifinalists to eventual Cup winner Montreal Canadiens in 1971! JP(Jeep) Parise(Canada),Father of Zach Parise(USA) and many other players...Worsley,Maniago,Barrett,Harris,Gibbs,Reid,OBrien,Nanne...Jude Drouin,Grant,Goldsworthy...

What a barn the old Met Center was with those gold, green and white seats.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I'm putting this all on Blake. The Kings can't ice a bunch of midgets on the blue line against teams like Minnesota. They need size. He needs to get moving on this.

Reactions: Mats26

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup

No, it wasn’t. But it was still cheap. Foligno was looking at numbers the entire time. At this point it’s starting to be a pattern with Wild forwards having no problem running Kings defenseman into the boards while looking at the numbers, so it’s pretty fair to be upset, particularly because the team responds to these types of plays with the enthusiasm of a wet mop.

Reactions: bland

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I mean, after seeing Malkin give Wayne Simmonds the phenomenal forearm and a perfect camera shot showing Brown turn directly to the ref and stick his hands up as the game ends instead of going after him, we should expect cowardice out of Dustin.

I have a very, very difficult time respecting Brown. This is unacceptable teamwork.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

No of course not, and I generally like Foligno.

It was just utterly pointless and he saw numbers the whole time and ran a kid just because he could.

It's Foligno so I doubt he thinks twice even if MacDermid is around but at least show Mikey Anderson you care and the rest of the Wild that you can't just do whatever you want because right now they have literally zero incentive to stop their antics. Easy to be confident when you know you aren't going to have to pay for any inch of ice you want.

Again I look at greenway just shoving Cal's glove. There were 3 Wild in the crease there. That's unaccpetable.

At some point it doesn't matter if it's an 'accident' or not.

J Smoove

Oct 8, 2015
lol really? Your young rookie D that just comes back from an injury, gets boarded and everyone just stands there holding eachother because it "wasn't that bad". No.

Edit: what I mean is they shouldn't be there pondering if the hit was bad or not, they should've punched him in the face immediately and then checked the scoreboard after to see if it was really bad or not.

Reactions: bland

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Except we all know no one on the team will make anyone pay the rest of the game. Exactly as it was after Roy got run.
wagner had the nerve yesterday to get into a little tiff with kaprizov, he gets 2 crosschecks after the whistle

the kings: oh he's face down in the corner? where's my gatorade? wonder what kind of sushi i'll have tonight..

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I'm putting this all on Blake. The Kings can't ice a bunch of midgets on the blue line against teams like Minnesota. They need size. He needs to get moving on this.

I've defended Blake plenty, but I agree. I think we over corrected here, even Dubai realized that you still need toughness.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I mean, after seeing Malkin give Wayne Simmonds the phenomenal forearm and a perfect camera shot showing Brown turn directly to the ref and stick his hands up as the game ends instead of going after him, we should expect cowardice out of Dustin.

I have a very, very difficult time respecting Brown. This is unacceptable teamwork.

He's never been that guy. That guy is Mike Richards.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

Austin Watson would have been a good get this past off-season. Sens made a good move acquiring him.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
No of course not, and I generally like Foligno.

It was just utterly pointless and he saw numbers the whole time and ran a kid just because he could.

It's Foligno so I doubt he thinks twice even if MacDermid is around but at least show Mikey Anderson you care and the rest of the Wild that you can't just do whatever you want because right now they have literally zero incentive to stop their antics. Easy to be confident when you know you aren't going to have to pay for any inch of ice you want.

Again I look at greenway just shoving Cal's glove. There were 3 Wild in the crease there. That's unaccpetable.

At some point it doesn't matter if it's an 'accident' or not.

Exactly. Once you know you have that edge, you get bolder. It actually matters. More confident teams play better.

Kings have a chance here to show something. Somebody needs to step forward and take ownership.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
And if you exclude last game, they're averaging 3 goals per game over their previous 3 games.
And you guys are for 5 on 5, 5-4 hockey? It can be a bore like "Soccer" and the boardwork pile ups that look like "Rugby scrums"! Open this game up(4 on 4) and give back the skill and speed and room to roam for Elite Top Flight players! And cut Down the Super Huge goaltenders and ridiculously super sized gear,equipment and Stick!!!

J Smoove

Oct 8, 2015
Lol thanks for taking that boarding Mikey. Sorry they couldn't even get a shot from it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->