GDT: 2020-21 season game 20 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @5:00pm 2/27/21

Do you like our Reverse Retro jerseys?

• Total voters

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Back to out of the playoffs in both total points and pts%. Ari, StL, and StL this week. Currently the teams right above and below the Kings. Whatever home ice means these days, all 3 games at home.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I just got done watching the highlights of this game. Glad the Kings fought back. Minnesota just looked sharper for most of the game and had the better scoring opportunities. That overtime goal was very disappointing. You could see that Carter and Brown were too caught up in that one area, allowing Dumba to sneak in behind and get that shot. Brown and Carter should know better, especially with 3 on 3. Carter looked like he was gliding out there and each one should have been glued to their man.

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca
That green and gold look Minnesota was sporting had me having Calif Golden Seals flashbacks. Then owner Charlie Finley wanted his hockey team to look his Oakland A's baseball team. Even wore white skates for a time.

Yes.......I'm old.

seals_whiteskates.jpg

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kaprizov looks really good, but is he really good? 5th rounder drafted 5 years ago.
Is this a superstar are another Thomas Hertl. Rapid start but just a pretty good player.

What? He's probably the leading candidate for the Calder. He's a great player and he's going to be even better once Marco Rossi starts playing with him too.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
That green and gold look Minnesota was sporting had me having Calif Golden Seals flashbacks. Then owner Charlie Finley wanted his hockey team to look his Oakland A's baseball team. Even wore white skates for a time.

Yes.......I'm old.

seals_whiteskates.jpg

Best part was they kept painting the skates white so by the end of the season the skates weighted 10 lbs each - talk about a SLOW team.

Reactions: 21Dog

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

Yes.......I'm old.

seals_whiteskates.jpg

Love it. The equipment staff painted the skates white and the players would complain of them being rock hard and tough to wear..haha.

DrHansReinhardt

Nov 12, 2019
Drafting 14th
While this is true, he took 6 years to finally get to the NHL. It would've been Prokhorkin 2.0 with people clamoring for him to come over and then other people saying he'd never leave Russia etc.
By no means do I think Caprisun would turn out this good if the kings drafted him. I've been around long enough to know better. I can think of more than a few players drafted talked up only never to pan out. C'est la vie as a Kings fan.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I know all Kings fans want the Kings to protect coming 37 year old Brown and expose one of our young forwards! Is that really the best move?

I don't know anyone who wants to do that.
Brown and Carter should be used as 2 bonus protection slots for young guys.
No expansion Franchise in it's right mind will take forwards beyond the 34 year range

Reactions: KINGS17

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I don't know anyone who wants to do that.
Brown and Carter should be used as 2 bonus protection slots for young guys.
No expansion Franchise in it's right mind will take forwards beyond the 34 year range
You are right to say right mind and 34!I agree,I concur!

RaymondReddington

Sep 21, 2020
While this is true, he took 6 years to finally get to the NHL. It would've been Prokhorkin 2.0 with people clamoring for him to come over and then other people saying he'd never leave Russia etc.
The yes "he will--no he won't" is exactly what Wild fans were going back and forth on for years. Of course, as all fans do, every year he didn't come over the fans were railing the Wild wasted their pick.
Unfortunately the Wild hit a jackpot the Kings have failed to win with Russian players.

(I don't know about Frolov/Voynov)

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
The yes "he will--no he won't" is exactly what Wild fans were going back and forth on for years. Of course, as all fans do, every year he didn't come over the fans were railing the Wild wasted their pick.
Unfortunately the Wild hit a jackpot the Kings have failed to win with Russian players.

(I don't know about Frolov/Voynov)
Frolov was only a jackpot if you’re really into wrap-arounds

Reactions: Axl Rhoadz

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad