Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
GDT: - 2019 Draft Discussion: LA Kings pick 5th, 22nd overall 8 p.m. ET (NBCSN, SN, TVAS)

Haha..plenty of salt when the Bjornfort pick was made.

"Oh good, here comes Lintuniemi/Moverare 2.0." @Raccoon Jesus was not thrilled with the pick at all. Some gold in that thread, RJ :laugh:

I was pissed :laugh: more that we left scorers on the board at that spot, something that was rectified soon thereafter, thankfully!

And it looks like everyone was mercifully wrong about 'ceiling' on TB, I guess when they drafted Faber we should have seen the same thing

Reactions: ru4reals

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
let's not get ahead of ourselves here
Getting ahead of ourselves, why ? Hoping to get the best player out of the bunch is not “getting ahead of ourselves” IMO.

Saying we have, is getting ahead of ourselves.

In fairness, I'm pretty sure if you look back at that draft thread, there were several people who didn't like that pick and were bitching the Kings should of taken Kaliyev at that spot.
That’s not really a problem, just bitching.

Dude we are all fans of the same team
Yes we are, Dan, but this went further than just bitching. All about a player very few had much info about. Sorry but I get upset about that too.

Last edited:

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Reactions: Docgonzo

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
If we are shitting on people , we should also be giving people credit.
@Ghetty Green Nostraf***nigdamus here
upload_2021-2-25_11-17-12.png

@Peter James Bond III

upload_2021-2-25_11-19-21.png

@KingsHockey24

upload_2021-2-25_11-20-55.png

I am also giving my man kovabro a shoutout here @kovacro
upload_2021-2-25_11-23-0.png

dude double Kovabro!
Got to bookmark this thread and look back in a few years. :laugh:

If the kid turns out to be a serviceable 2nd pairing defenseman it’s gonna be fun to read the salt here.

Let’s see who’s left on the board after round 1. I’m thinking there will be a forward or two we weren’t thinking would still be there.

Last edited:

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
If we are shitting on people , we should also be giving people credit.
@Ghetty Green Nostraf***nigdamus here
View attachment 400378
Hey I didn't have an opinion either way because honestly, who the hell actually watches these kids for more than a highlight reel? One or two tops? More proof nobody here knows what the f*** they're talking about when it comes to prospects. ;)

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Hey I didn't have an opinion either way because honestly, who the hell actually watches these kids for more than a highlight reel? One or two tops? More proof nobody here knows what the f*** they're talking about when it comes to prospects. ;)
I will be the firs to admit, I have no idea WTF I am talking about outside of Star Wars references and shit jokes

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Agree, there were some that were mentioned above who liked that Bjornfort pick and seemed to have formulated pretty good opinions as to why it was a good selection by Blake and Co.

As for me, I take the high road. If I've never seen the kid play much, no point to comment. I'll leave it to those who do and I appreciate their input/comments.

I do get to see plenty of kids in the OHL live so I am familiar with them and will throw my 2 cents (CDN) once and awhile. Last live game I went to was the "Top Prospects Game"... Jeebus, that seems like forever now. f***ing COVID.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Also I’m the first guy to pile on Wagner, but he made a dirty pass to set up AA. He’s looking a lot more effective the last couples games. Quietly getting on the scoreboard every 3rd game, which is what we need from him.

He keeps this up, maybe he’ll merely be selected by Seattle, rather than bribed to take!

Reactions: lumbergh

RaymondReddington

Sep 21, 2020
I screamed "Take Kaliyev!!" before the pick, then "Fuuuuuuuuuuck No!!!!!" after Bjornfot was announced,
and immediately called my other hockey loving friend to cry, bitch and moan that we had a shot at Kaliyev and blew it.
Then stayed home to watch the early second round and when Ottawa took Pinto I jumped around and screamed like a girl that we were getting Kaliyev anyway.
Thank heavens Yanetti is so much smarter than little old me.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Reactions: kilowatt

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Did I do that? I don't even remember.. haha! True story: I bet on the Kings to win the cup that year while at Frozen Fury. I didn't find the ticket until it was too late to redeem. That's life of a Kings fan in a nutshell. It was 12 to 1 and a $50 so it wasn't like I was going to retire early anyway.

Yes, several times in fact.

I'll spare the other regular poster here that said the season was done in early January that year.

Reactions: TruKingFan

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Wouldnt it be great if we picked the best defender from that great group of Scandinavian junior players (Broberg, Soderström, Thomson, Heinola, Björnfot) in 2019.

I am also looking at settlementrichie10 who was flaming away at this pick at the time.

Sorry, but I do not forget.

I was one of the people upset that we took Bjornfot. Obviously I was wrong, but it wasn't like it was crazy – there were still a few super solid guys on the board like Kaliyev, Tomasino, and McMichael. It obviously worked out in our favor, and I think a few teams that picked after we did are bummed with their picks, but it's not like that frustration was completely unfounded. Choosing a two way defender instead of an elite goalscorer for a team as historically inept at scoring as LA was pretty devastating at the time!

I was sure Ottawa was going to take Kaliyev at 32 as well, but they picked Pinto and we got Arty Party and all was right in the world. Can you imagine being Anaheim though? The Zegras pick was great, but they could have had Kaliyev and Hoglander as well and instead took Tracey and LaCombe. Woof.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
It's one thing to bring up that thread if people are saying Bjornfot is trash but it is something else to try to keep rubbing it in people's faces that were upset that Kaliyev wasn't taken.

Yes, they got Kaliyev anyways so it was brilliant. Yes, I'd still rather have Kaliyev than Bjornfot as a prospect right now so with no guaranty that I get both I would take Kaliyev.

Yes, the Kings scouting staff et al get paid to do this and we don't. They have a way better feel for the room i.e. Kaliyev dropping and Bjornfot rising. Thank god they are smarter than we are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad