GDT: 2020-21 season game 18 LA Kings vs St. Louis Blues @6:30pm 2/24/21

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
It's the jedi mind trick. he's learned from the jedi master - Quick.

This is seriously the most insane unexplainable occurrence I've ever seen. It must have hit a rut or cut on the ice at the perfect angle, time etc. Or maybe it was just Quickie nevermind. Just epic.

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Old guys rule!

7d5.gif

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Brown is so good he gets the other team to literally shoot it into their own net for him.

I have nothing to complain about so I'm just going to say no way Iafaillo touches that puck. I've seen it on NHL.com a million times Brown got robbed. Alrighty keep it going boys man Friday is going to be a tough one. Wild are playing good.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Was a little late from work, got to watch the game with no intermissions pretty much perfectly :P

Panger is a beauty, love his casts, always fair

Love Dunn checking Brown right through Kyrou

Toby Bjornfot is f***ing phenomenal. And a teen. Unbelievable.

Petersen, wow. What a game. And in control the whole time

Iafallo from Brown is the most “f*** you HF Kings” goal of all time

Bless MacDermid, but he’s the CLEAR weak link at this point

Maatta played well but he still turns into Scott NeiderMaatta when he’s playing with Drew, ends up leading rushes and going into the offensive zone and making Drew stay back and I hate it. Glad he’s finally up to speed, now get him the f*** away from DD.

Walker was an absolute stud most of the night

LOVED our D stepping up at the line to hold pucks in, it was very 2012-Kings-ish for a while there with the full press forecheck.

Vilardi...what else needs to be said? Only fail is that post at the end denying Doughty a point as well :P

Doughty fired up. Bumping chests and shit. lol

He's like an NFL safety :laugh:

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
I have nothing to complain about so I'm just going to say no way Iafaillo touches that puck. I've seen it on NHL.com a million times Brown got robbed. Alrighty keep it going boys man Friday is going to be a tough one. Wild are playing good.
Oh I thought they said after the game that Brown got credit for it but I guess not

Reactions: 123slam

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Bjornfot and Roy pairing is really calming to watch play. They never panic, always cool like The Fonz. Not many better 19 yr old defensemen in the NHL right now than Bjornfot.

Holy Maata of God, is playing his best hockey of the season. Great to see

Thank goodness that Maatta isn't completely toast. He's been getting better and better to where he's no longer a total liability out there. We were probably a little hard on him early considering that he was coming to a new team with very little training camp, new system etc. I agree with others that sometimes he shouldn't try to carry the puck into the o-zone as often as he does (MacDermid does the same thing), especially if your partner is Drew Doughty or Sean Walker (who absolutely was killing it last night). Less is more. Walker's pinches last night were impeccable. All in all the defense on another level.

Tobi is so ridiculously good. Besides his great skating, his hockey IQ is off the charts. Knowing when to pinch, when to carry the puck out of the zone rather than pass it out, when to use body positioning to rub out the forward and either get to the puck himself or for his teammates to get it. He's also very good at knowing when to use a borderline crosscheck to knock a puck carrier off balance. I don't know what his offensive upside is yet, but I suspect it's higher than most think. I could not be happier with him. He's easily projectable as a top pairing defenseman and he's still a teenager for a handful of weeks.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Bjornfot and Roy pairing is really calming to watch play. They never panic, always cool like The Fonz. Not many better 19 yr old defensemen in the NHL right now than Bjornfot.

Holy Maata of God, is playing his best hockey of the season. Great to see

Arguably best 2nd pairing in the league, would be splitting hairs between them and the other top 3-5.

Instrumental in making Doughty more effective by bringing his minutes down (on nights MacD isn't playing).

I'll always remember you as the guy on hfboards that called the 2012 kings championship midway through the season while everyone else, including myself, had given up on them. Cheers to you, man.

Did I do that? I don't even remember.. haha! True story: I bet on the Kings to win the cup that year while at Frozen Fury. I didn't find the ticket until it was too late to redeem. That's life of a Kings fan in a nutshell. It was 12 to 1 and a $50 so it wasn't like I was going to retire early anyway.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Did I do that? I don't even remember.. haha! True story: I bet on the Kings to win the cup that year while at Frozen Fury. I didn't find the ticket until it was too late to redeem. That's life of a Kings fan in a nutshell. It was 12 to 1 and a $50 so it wasn't like I was going to retire early anyway.

I remmeber it moved to 12-to-1 overnight as I was in Vegas when the Richards trade broke. Was getting ready to drop my usual 100 while it was 40-1, got drunk and forgot, woke up and thought I was dreaming.

Reactions: The Butcher

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Wouldnt it be great if we picked the best defender from that great group of Scandinavian junior players (Broberg, Soderström, Thomson, Heinola, Björnfot) in 2019.

I am also looking at settlementrichie10 who was flaming away at this pick at the time.

Sorry, but I do not forget.

Reactions: Sol

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Every defenseman other than Byram was basically selected higher than projected in the first round. Once the run on defensemen started, I figured one of the top European defensemen was going to be the pick, unless that tier was all gone. Once Heinola was gone, Tobi was left and thankfully selected.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Wouldnt it be great if we picked the best defender from that great group of Scandinavian junior players (Broberg, Soderström, Thomson, Heinola, Björnfot) in 2019.

I am also looking at settlementrichie10 who was flaming away at this pick at the time.

let's not get ahead of ourselves here

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC

I remember plenty of people upset we didn’t pick Arty with that pick, then getting him the next day. To see now that we got a top DMan and a potential Top 6 wing, incredible draft. Great memories.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

In fairness, I'm pretty sure if you look back at that draft thread, there were several people who didn't like that pick and were bitching the Kings should of taken Kaliyev at that spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad