GDT: 2020-21 season game 17 LA Kings vs St. Louis Blues @5:00pm 2/22/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
They are playing with a lot of confidence. Like they can beat anyone right now. Gotta love it. Mclellan is squeezing every ounce of talent out of the roster.

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Dustin Brown

tenor.gif

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
Daryl Evans is a treasure. He's just picking up the slack in the absence of Don Cherry.

When I was at the game against the Blues back in 2019 before Christmas Eve (had nosebleed center ice view), I saw Daryl Evans talking to a random fan near the entrance of the section where I was at. I really wanted to say "nice suit," to him, but I didn't have the heart to do it.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
When I was at the game against the Blues back in 2019 before Christmas Eve (had nosebleed center ice view), I saw Daryl Evans talking to a random fan near the entrance of the section where I was at. I really wanted to say "nice suit," to him, but I didn't have the heart to do it.
I remember at one of the Cup stops I saw him at, he had this really shimmery sharkskin like suit on. Only he could get away with it.

Reactions: BringTheReign

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Great win really good to see a little stretch of success. Kids are coming through and the vets are playing out of their minds. No one wants to go to Seattle it seems. LOL. Even though a shortened season a long ways to go. But really curious if Kupari will get a cup of tea. I mean he can't be any worst then Amadio can he. I guess he's young but maybe after the next lost replace him for Amadios for a game. AA-Kupari-Wagner.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
IMO, Doughty having a Norris-caliber season rn. Top of the offensive chart, playing well defensively.

Can this team continue to play at this level? Who knows
Doughty still needs to cut down on the defensive zone give-aways, but he's playing with a confidence we haven't seen in a while.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
That was excellent hockey by the kings for the first 50 minutes of the game. Can’t recall a better performance recently. Had to hang on at the end. Really wonderful to watch.

Both goalies played fantastic.

it’s a joy to watch kings games again.

Reactions: The Butcher

bland

Jul 1, 2004
So does Bjornfot get sent down in 2 games or not?
Wouldn't surprise me, Clague and Bjornfot are essentially platooning that spot. Doesn't hurt either of them to see top minutes especially on the PP for a couple of weeks.

I am not concerned about his ELC, he has proven that he is a NHLer and deserves to have his contract activated.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
I'm wondering if the coaching staff is losing a little confidence in Bjornfot or if Maatta is just earning more ice time? I saw Maatta out there with 90 seconds to go and the Blues goalie pulled. Also saw a few other shifts where Maatta looked like he replaced Bjornfot for a shift or two. Maybe just even out the ice time?

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
I'm wondering if the coaching staff is losing a little confidence in Bjornfot or if Maatta is just earning more ice time? I saw Maatta out there with 90 seconds to go and the Blues goalie pulled. Also saw a few other shifts where Maatta looked like he replaced Bjornfot for a shift or two. Maybe just even out the ice time?
Maatta's played well ever since he got back in the lineup, especially since he got paired with Strand, and continued his solid play tonight.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Best performance I can remember since the '18 season. Depleted Blues team for sure but the Kings looked great regardless.

Tough call on Bjornfot if they win every game he plays in. You'd like to slide that contract but they owe it to the team to show that they want to try to win. I still think they send him down though.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I loved that Sutter helped get the Kings over the top, but his mind games toward the end of his tenure hurt the team more than anything. There's a reason why he has such a short coaching shelf life.
Pretty sure the team quit on him. TM even mentioned that it's taken time for the team to accept change.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Nice, Walker looked poised on his return. But oof that injuries list is savage for the Blues.

Heh, Brown leads the West Division in goals scored, 5th in the league with 7 out of the top 8 being all Canadian teams.

Reactions: kilowatt

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I was subjected to the Blues broadcast tonight. A couple of fun facts that were repeated throughout the game. Did you know that Brayden Schenn was drafted by the Kings? That's some deep trivia. Also, that he's put up a good amount of points while playing against the Kings. Good for Schenn, but I trade him 101/100 times for Mike Richards in 2011. Panger...holy jumpin I can't take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad