Hrudey is between the pipes tonight
3447c1b64f30dce0fb2ec0c420d183b4.jpg

Damnit I was hoping we would see Rick Knickle

Reactions: mbar and Lt Dan

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
Hrudey is between the pipes tonight
3447c1b64f30dce0fb2ec0c420d183b4.jpg

Hrudey on Duty tonight..... Man, when FSN West was doing their flashbacks last year regarding memorable playoff series that the Kings had, one was them was against the Leafs in 93, the Kings twitter just had to mention this nugget. Somehow, it never left my mind since.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Hrudey on Duty tonight..... Man, when FSN West was doing their flashbacks last year regarding memorable playoff series that the Kings had, one was them was against the Leafs in 93, the Kings twitter just had to mention this nugget. Somehow, it never left my mind since.

Man I miss the forum. That was the funnest parking lot to party in . I probably got 100 "party tickets" from that asshole that would knock on your car widows and scare you in to buying his "Mean people suck " stickers

Reactions: Steve Zissou

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Clague on taxi squad :facepalm:

But I guess I get it with the player surplus and playing Bjornfot for some games...just hate breaking a kid's rhythm

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Clague on taxi squad :facepalm:

But I guess I get it with the player surplus and playing Bjornfot for some games...just hate breaking a kid's rhythm

Seriously. He was playing really well. We don't have information on things like practice performance and stuff though, which ultimately can sway a coach that is on the fence. It honestly might even be the case that they want to showcase Maatta. Who knows.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
There's no guaranteed indication that Petersen is starting no? Quick can get his game going against teams like these too sire.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
The problem with Clague is that if they make him a permanent fixture in the lineup he's prime bait for Seattle. Keep him in and out of the lineup, even a couple of "public" staged criticisms from Todd and Seattle are more likely to take someone else. Even better if Maatta continues to improve and Seattle take him.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
The problem with Clague is that if they make him a permanent fixture in the lineup he's prime bait for Seattle. Keep him in and out of the lineup, even a couple of "public" staged criticisms from Todd and Seattle are more likely to take someone else. Even better if Maatta continues to improve and Seattle take him.

Are we aware of any way to not expose Claque?
I would really hate to see him going

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
You'd be exposing forwards like Anderson, Lizotte or Grundstrom so you'll loose a young forward, exposing Clague means you can keep almost any forward you want in the organisation.

Personally I think they'll take Quick, but again his recent demotion to #2 could be a tactic to discourage Seattle with the image that he is deteriorating in performance

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls

I used to wear a bandana or headband under my Jofa goalie helmet. Good times at the high class Norwalk rink.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009

the early 90's were so f***in weird

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Why would Clague be exposed? I'd have to think he's the 3rd d, no? you protect Drew, Roy, Clague. Anderson, Bjornfot are exempt. Strand is exempt for another 20 something games.

Token

May 15, 2019
Why would Clague be exposed? I'd have to think he's the 3rd d, no? you protect Drew, Roy, Clague. Anderson, Bjornfot are exempt. Strand is exempt for another 20 something games.
Strand, Walker, Roy, Clague are all eligible for the expansion draft.

Odds are good one of them is gone.

Not all meet the exposure games-played requirements, but that doesn’t stop Seattle from picking them.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
You'd be exposing forwards like Anderson, Lizotte or Grundstrom so you'll loose a young forward, exposing Clague means you can keep almost any forward you want in the organisation.

Personally I think they'll take Quick, but again his recent demotion to #2 could be a tactic to discourage Seattle with the image that he is deteriorating in performance
Are you talking JAD or Andersson? I'm not sure if JAD needs protection or not. Andersson hasn't shown much so unless he really picks it up he won't be picked. No chance they take Quick or Maata.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Strand, Walker, Roy, Clague are all eligible for the expansion draft.

Odds are good one of them is gone.

Not all meet the exposure games-played requirements, but that doesn’t stop Seattle from picking them.

The later 3 I can see. But Strand really depends how much more playing time he gets. Right now he is a late bloomer with very little pedigree. Grundstrum/former #8 overall/Wagner all seem more likely to me.

But again I take any of the other 3 defenseman over the forwards.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009

Sure. Protect him.

Kopitar, Kempe, Andersson, Grundstrom, Doughty, Roy, Walker, Clague, Petersen.

That leaves Iafallo unprotected, but he's an unrestricted free agent, so Seattle might be reluctant to select him knowing he could walk. I don't think Lias Andersson has played well enough to be protected, but I don't think LA wants to risk losing a guy they just traded a second-round pick for. Besides Iafallo, you're exposing Carter, Brown, Athanasiou, Wagner, Lizotte, Moore, Imama, Rymsha, Frk, Luff, Eyssimont, and Amadio on offense. On defense, we'd be exposing Maatta, MacDermid, Strand, Moverare, Alt, and Brickley. In net, Quick and Grosenick.

If we do go this route, and Seattle doesn't choose Iafallo (again, he's UFA after this season), I think they'd be interested in a few guys: Athanasiou, Wagner, Lizotte, Frk, Maatta, and Strand. I just don't see them picking guys like Carter, Brown, and Quick, but maybe I'm wrong. Gun to my head, I think Seattle picks Lizotte or Wagner.

I honestly wonder if we deal Iafallo for a pick at the trade deadline and re-sign him in the offseason.

Reactions: Schmooley and Token

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009

Yeah, the past three seasons have all been a ruse. Quick's .894 SV% since 2018-19 has simple been a ploy to save him from expansion!

Token

May 15, 2019
Sure. Protect him.

Kopitar, Kempe, Andersson, Grundstrom, Doughty, Roy, Walker, Clague, Petersen.

That leaves Iafallo unprotected, but he's an unrestricted free agent, so Seattle might be reluctant to select him knowing he could walk. I don't think Lias Andersson has played well enough to be protected, but I don't think LA wants to risk losing a guy they just traded a second-round pick for. Besides Iafallo, you're exposing Carter, Brown, Athanasiou, Wagner, Lizotte, Moore, Imama, Rymsha, Frk, Luff, Eyssimont, and Amadio on offense. On defense, we'd be exposing Maatta, MacDermid, Strand, Moverare, Alt, and Brickley. In net, Quick and Grosenick.

If we do go this route, and Seattle doesn't choose Iafallo (again, he's UFA after this season), I think they'd be interested in a few guys: Athanasiou, Wagner, Lizotte, Frk, Maatta, and Strand. I just don't see them picking guys like Carter, Brown, and Quick, but maybe I'm wrong. Gun to my head, I think Seattle picks Lizotte or Wagner.

I honestly wonder if we deal Iafallo for a pick at the trade deadline and re-sign him in the offseason.
Or with the best prospect pool in the league, maybe Blake cuts a side-deal and controls the whole situation making the whole exercise moot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad