GDT: 2020-21 season Game 11 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @12:00pm 2/7/21

Who you got in the Superbowl?

• Total voters

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I agree, the loss of those two was devastating to the Kings, especially Roy.

I am more concerned with the fact that the Kings still don't have anything close to resembling the next Doughty and there are still question marks about someone being the next Kopitar, despite the Kings using the #5 and #2 picks back to back years on centers. I'm still waiting to see anything that screams star from any of the three of them, you knew right away that Doughty and Kopitar were going to be stars. The Kings have a very deep farm system but I worry about the very top. I still think that should the right player become available this offseason that the Kings are going to be all over it, even if the cost is higher than many here might like. They won't win the next time around without another Kopitar/Doughty type.

I have to echo RJ when he mentions that we knew Kopitar was a stud once we saw him come over in his D+2 season so I can't outright dismiss Byfield.

I do feel the same about the top-end talent of the prospect pool (except I haven't wavered on Byfield) and I'm all about Blake being aggressive for proven talent that is in the right age range if they come available.

It's just so early for a lot of these guys. Most of the prospects we are super in on just completed their first two regular season AHL games. It's easy to get discouraged when Byfield isn't a step-in-immediately-guy while Stutzle is scoring in the NHL coupled with Zegras looking ridiculous while Turcotte hasn't disproven the concerns about being injury-prone or his scoring ceiling. That said, I'm not out on either guy and there have been positives. I mean, I'm glad he isn't being super-hyped up on here yet but the early returns on Tyler Madden are fantastic. Kaliyev comes in for one NHL game and, at least for that one game, shows how he scores goals at every level he's played at.

The waiting just sucks but we have to remember that we are barely over two calendar years into the rebuild. It just seems much worse since they didn't do much of anything for several years prior to the rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->