GDT: 2020-21 season Game 11 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @12:00pm 2/7/21

Who you got in the Superbowl?

• Total voters

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
We do have some holes to fill to become a bonfide play-off team and Stanley Cup contender... Not sure a Owen Power fixes our D? Maybe a Powers and... I would not have Brown back even for sentimental purposes,though I'd like to see Carter find his mojo again

Power would be a huge win for our defense. Especially in a couple years when Doughty isn't a number one defenseman.

Power - Roy
Bjornfot - Doughty
Anderson - Faber

Reactions: Steve Zissou

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
Every single play except his team leading 4 goals. Let that sink in.
To be fair, all his goals are on the PP and they're all goals even I could've scored. 2 of them were sitting on the goal line and he tapped it in, one hit ricocheted off his body and went in, and one was an amazing pass from Kopi that he one-timed into the net. All goals where he "handled" the puck for under a second.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Brown hasn’t been the same since being stripped of the C, which is after winning 2 cups....so dumb. And when he got suspended for elbowing....Pominville? on the reverse hit.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Season is almost done for us unless a miracle happens and we go on a run. Might as well try to get some development in for Vilardi, JAD and Andersson.

Iafallo Kopitar Vilardi

It's not crazy to think Vilardi will be moved to wing with QB and Turcotte showing more speed and defensive awareness, they are better fits to play C. Got to try Vilardi at wing sooner or later. He also needs to be on the first PP unit. I feel Vilardi needs to be engaged offensivley in order to feel the game.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Power would be a huge win for our defense. Especially in a couple years when Doughty isn't a number one defenseman.

Power - Roy
Bjornfot - Doughty
Anderson - Faber

tenor.gif

::cough:: Walker still says hi... albeit through his busted eye, cheek, nose and his broken soul.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Brown and his contract or lack of hitting or his whatever-have-you are all fine right now... they are not the biggest problems this team has right now.

Rather, it's his no-look-behind-the-back passes TO THE OTHER TEAM that lead to breakaways that I have a problem with.

Veterans shouldn't be excused from these types of completely unnecessary turnovers while a rookie would get benched or sent down for God knows how long.

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
No LA hockey for almost a year and I’m already not caring if I miss a game now that it’s back.
That's the shitty part, I thought having all this youth on this team would provide for some more excitement and entertainment and it's the vets that are killin the vibe, Tmac takes some responsibility obv.

Reactions: dick341

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
That's the shitty part, I thought having all this youth on this team would provide for some more excitement and entertainment and it's the vets that are killin the vibe, Tmac takes some responsibility obv.
It’s just a holding pattern year. Get some kids experience. Team will look different next year.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Would be nice to have a full roster to evaluate our play. If anything it shows we need a solid D-core to progress. I hope Blake starts the "building process" of the rebuild this off season. Maatta and Alt were uninspiring additions to say the least, he needs to do better to support the kids.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
First goal against, Iafallo's pass is off Brown's skate in the neutral zone, a quick transition pass and Strand is not in good position as he just came onto the ice a few seconds earlier for Doughty, cannot get across the ice time to disrupt the shot.

Second goal against, Lias Andersson takes the wrong route around the net to cover his man, too far away to disrupt the pass, Vilardi fails to cover the man streaking in behind him.

Third goal against, (Tmac said a mistake by two young players) Strand and Lias Andersson both converge on the same player along the boards in the neutral zone, leaving the Vegas player all alone streaking through the center of the ice.

Fourth goal against, MacDermid is too slow. THE END.

Reactions: johnjm22

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Been saying it for a couple years we need to find a Drew replacement now before its to late

Not disagreeing but how do you just find a replacement for Doughty unless you are drafting near the top. Nobody is trading those guys. Norris Trophy level guys are unicorns in the NHL.

Unless the Kings get a high draft pick this year, chances are low that they will be finding a Doughty replacement.

If the Kings are looking to get that guy, this is probably the year since there are several high quality Defenseman.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
There are three people I will not throw any shade on in our lineup.

Kopitar - poor guy has played with second liners 80% of his career and carried that first line for over a decade. Plays all the hard minutes and is consistently a top two way player in the game averaging just under a ppg.

Brown - The guy was a top power forward in the league for a decade. Through 200 to 300 hits per year

some quick thoughts:

MacDermid - still is a perfect 7th Dman. He is a weapon you put in to play 68 minutes a game when you have pricks like Reaves lining up against you. He is playing way above his head and way too many minutes due to injuries. He is priced right and does have very good value when we can use them right.

Anderson/Andersson - both are still very wet behind the ears. Both will be good when put in the proper positions once all our healthy bodies get back. One is a mid pairing defenseman and the other is a bottom six winger that provides grit. With a little experience I can see both excelling at those roles.

Pederson - goalie of the future. Like Quick would excel with proper Defence in front

my WTF questions

Coach Todd. - what does Amadio have on you? Why overuse Brown.

Blake - get Drew a partner. It’s only been a half decade. We have the prospect/ picks to do it.

Amadio - you are the ideal Covid practice roster player. If we need you for a game or two we call you up, place you back down when we don’t need you, and we would have no fear of any other team wanting to pick you up off waivers

Reactions: 21Dog

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Have to get Bjornfot in next game. Would prefer he replace Strand, but if they go lefty - righty, it would be MacDermid. Clague can play right side, though.

I would take Amadio off 2nd PP and put Grundstrom on it...he's just better, period. Good in front of the net, skates much better and has a wicked shot. oh, and good on the boards.
Who would have thought the 2 best 'new' players would be Clague and Grundstrom?
Glad they have emerged.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Look at the bright side, losing accelerates the pace the roster gets turned over.

The group getting evaluated right now where it is make or break time are:

Lizotte
Wagner
Amadio
Luff
Moore

Right now, Luff and Amadio are first up for replacement. I think at the 20 game point, one of them is waived, barring a turn around in team play. Expecting either of them to put up more than 2 assists in the next 9 games is a poor bet. I think we see Luff go first, and the Kings make it seem like a major move.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I agree he’s lost a step and he was a beast in 2012, but let’s not pretend like he was a great dangler or pinpoint passer during that run, which was my point in the original post. He set the tempo with physicality and finishing.
Finishing...he had 6 goals...physicality yes,finishing not really

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
To be fair, all his goals are on the PP and they're all goals even I could've scored. 2 of them were sitting on the goal line and he tapped it in, one hit ricocheted off his body and went in, and one was an amazing pass from Kopi that he one-timed into the net. All goals where he "handled" the puck for under a second.
To be fair, I doubt you could score a goal on Jeff Zatkoff in a beer league game. No offense, but if it were so easy he wouldn’t be leading the team.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Look at the bright side, losing accelerates the pace the roster gets turned over.

Lizotte
Wagner
Amadio
Luff
Moore

Right now, Luff and Amadio are first up for replacement. I think at the 20 game point, one of them is waived, barring a turn around in team play. Expecting either of them to put up more than 2 assists in the next 9 games is a poor bet. I think we see Luff go first, and the Kings make it seem like a major move.
Luff has to go he brings zero

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I'm complaining because he can't skate anymore. The team is supposed to be getting faster. If you think he's always been bad with the puck go back and watch the 2012 playoff run -- he was total beast -- with and without the puck. The good news is his contract hasn't been or will be an issue. Great player but his time appears to be up.
Its time for the Kings to move out the dinosaurs and plodders...Brown,Yafallo,sadly maybe even Carts...

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019

Lizotte
Wagner
Amadio
Luff
Moore

In all honesty I keep Amadio for his Defense the rest I'd package...Wags has great speed but that's it,Lizotte is too small,Moore is good on the boards but that's it,Luff,meh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->