2020-21 San Diego Gulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Sounds like a butthurt older player playing in the AHL and not getting what he wanted. Giving me some Henrique vibes (although it seems Henrique figured it out and got over it)

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Bouchard is doing a press conference right now. I’ll update this post with information about it:

“Joël Bouchard felt desired by the organization of the Ducks as soon as he became without a contract on July 1. He says he saw himself coming back with the Canadiens, but the Ducks' approach impressed him a lot and prompted him to take the challenge.”

“I could have stayed in my slippers with the Rocket but the challenge excited me there. I decided to give it a go.” -Bouchard

“Joël Bouchard confirms having had discussions with Marc Bergevin to obtain an assistant position to Dominique Ducharme next season, and also the option of returning with the Rocket.“

Last edited:

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Bouchard is doing a press conference right now. I’ll update this post with information about it:

“Joël Bouchard felt desired by the organization of the Ducks as soon as he became without a contract on July 1. He says he saw himself coming back with the Canadiens, but the Ducks' approach impressed him a lot and prompted him to take the challenge.”

“I could have stayed in my slippers with the Rocket but the challenge excited me there. I decided to give it a go.” -Bouchard
Sounds butthurt he didn't get some job he wanted with Montreal, but that's a good thing for us most likely.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Sounds like a butthurt older player playing in the AHL and not getting what he wanted. Giving me some Henrique vibes (although it seems Henrique figured it out and got over it)
I don't know how it sounds butthurt. THis is an interesting take, but all the fans love him.
What is the track record? Perhaps he is better with some grinders instead of skill players? I really don't know, just pulling it out of a hat now

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Butthurt may have been the wrong word there, but my point stands overall.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
While looking about for Dineen's contract length, I stumbled upon this Gulls' player review: link. The author gave Perreault a B+ and Tracey a B-. Interesting! It's more of a 'trust the process' with those two prospects. For Perreault, he gets docked for deferring to pass the puck than shoot because Perreault is a sniper. For Tracey, his grade gets pushed up for being in the right place at the right time, but couldn't finish to get a goal.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I don't know how it sounds butthurt. THis is an interesting take, but all the fans love him.
What is the track record? Perhaps he is better with some grinders instead of skill players? I really don't know, just pulling it out of a hat now
We struggled to develop anyone of value for about 5 years under leferbve and brought in Ducharme and Bouchard about three years ago. Since then every young player who has spent anytime with Bouchard has only said good things. Now we do think there is a level of pissiness going on because they appointed ducharme and not him but that’s here nor ther

Reactions: Kalv

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site

“Joël Bouchard confirms having had discussions with Marc Bergevin to obtain an assistant position to Dominique Ducharme next season, and also the option of returning with the Rocket.“

I'm liking this hire much more so than the Assistant Coaches that we hired, or brought back for the 3rd time (very Murrayish move). Isn't Dallas on his last year of this contract? He probably thinks he has a legitimate chance to coach in 2023 (unless Murray's doesn't like him).

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Wow, Weiss makes Bouchard like some mentally and emotionally unstable nut and apparently makes Tortarella (who’s probably considered the biggest dick of a coach in the NHL) seem like a an angel and tactician. Maybe what he said about Eakins is legit and not a translation issue… and he doesn’t mind a hostile work environment… great way to build a culture here…

Well if this ends up being true… only our GM would be the sucker to hire him, lol. Murray not only wants to ruin our Duck squad but apparently our entire pipeline. He’s probably going to have us trade out 3rd overall for Eichel AFTER his surgery when the doctor says he should medically retire…. Justifying that it’s just such a good bargain and he really like his play in juniors.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Another piece on Joel Bouchard. Seems like Weise is the only person who doesn't like him.
Who is Joël Bouchard? Could the new San Diego Gulls coach be behind the Ducks bench one day?

And Dale Weise elaborated on his Bouchard comments in this video starting at 2:30

Interesting.

Wase said he was dominating AHL in his time but he was not lol. Last year was his best year and he had 38 p in 47 g.

But I believe there is some smoke on Bouchard, Wase doesn't sound like a guy who would say these things without reason.
Before this season Laval really didn't have that good of a record. This year they might have benefited for a much better roster, but that needs to be double-checked I guess.

Starting to get a bit concerned. Murray said that Bouchard prepared the players to play in the NHL when they go up and there are lots of players who say good things about him. But I hope it doesn't mean he is good to develop only grinders. We'll see I guess but there is a concern he might be younger Randy

Last edited:

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Wow, Weiss makes Bouchard like some mentally and emotionally unstable nut and apparently makes Tortarella (who’s probably considered the biggest dick of a coach in the NHL) seem like a an angel and tactician. Maybe what he said about Eakins is legit and not a translation issue… and he doesn’t mind a hostile work environment… great way to build a culture here…

Well if this ends up being true… only our GM would be the sucker to hire him, lol. Murray not only wants to ruin our Duck squad but apparently our entire pipeline. He’s probably going to have us trade out 3rd overall for Eichel AFTER his surgery when the doctor says he should medically retire…. Justifying that it’s just such a good bargain and he really like his play in juniors.
I absolutely think he meant what he said and that the intended meaning is nearly exactly what it would seem to be. Definitely don’t think he was trying to make it a big story, but the gist of what he was saying was pretty clear imo.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I absolutely think he meant what he said and that the intended meaning is nearly exactly what it would seem to be. Definitely don’t think he was trying to make it a big story, but the gist of what he was saying was pretty clear imo.
More and more sounds like he might not be good news at all

Reactions: Mr Rogers

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Doing start stops before a game and that story of a pissy guy on a team trip sounds ridiculous. I’ve worked for racists and in hostile work environments, and our prospects will definitely lose confidence and some careers will be crushed.

Would love to hear Murray’s response about Bouchards openly gunning for Eakins job, and his development approach. Maybe he wants to have that survival of the fittest, uncomfortable work place… Full Metal Jacket style…

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Weise sounds like a guy that was old and butthurt he was playing young players over him. I wouldn't trust one guy talking about a coach especially in the minors. Weise probably had the Henrique butthurt that kids were playing over him.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
What a mess.

Based on Weise's comments he seems like an old-school/dinosaur coach that likes to belittles his players infront of their teammates with a touch of the odd behaviour for good measure? :laugh:

Bouchard's comment re: Eakins was unprofessional at best but I was more annoyed with his (non-)answer to Stephens' question regarding his philosophy dealing with players individually.

His track record doesn't seem very impressive either to be honest. Murray said "his players are all over the leagues" but which players/prospects are we talking about?

Always important to remember there's two sides to every story. Would be interesting to hear Bouchard's POV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad