2020-21 San Diego Gulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
With no Carrick last game, De Leo played center, so he’s an easy pick. When Carrick comes back it would likely be him or Lettieri to go back to wing. In my opinion, the only other center they have that needs to stay at center is Groulx.
Agreed. I hope Groulx still sees a good amount of ice time with Z down there.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
More info on the Pacific Division playoffs:
-All seven Pacific Division teams will participate in the postseason tournament
-The top three teams will essentially have a bye into the second round (Henderson is in 1st, San Diego in 2nd, Bakersfield in 3rd)
-Teams seeded 4-7 in the Division will kick-off the postseason by playing a mini-tournament to earn the fourth seed
-That opening ‘play-in’ round with the bottom four teams (currently comprised of San Jose, Colorado, Tucson and Ontario, based on Division standings) will begin on Tuesday, May 18 in Irvine. Games are scheduled to be played at 1pm and 7pm. It’s a win-or-go-home format. Next, the two winners from Tuesday will then faceoff the following day and whoever comes out on top will advance as the fourth seed
-The next round will be a best-of-three series featuring No. 1 vs. No. 4, along with No. 2 vs. No. 3. Those games will be held in the home arenas of the first and second seeds
-Winners from those two semi-final series will meet in the Pacific Division Final, also scheduled as a best-of-three series to be played in the home arena of the highest remaining seed

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
-Canucks relocate their affiliate from Utica to Abbotsford
-Devils relocate their affiliate from Binghamton to Utica
-Seattle's Palm Springs affiliate won't join the AHL until the 2022-2023 season.

Still surprised there is no AHL team in Portland, Oregon. The Winterhawks are a relatively successful junior team, and I feel like either Edmonton or Calgary wouldn't mind moving their affiliate further north.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
-Canucks relocate their affiliate from Utica to Abbotsford
-Devils relocate their affiliate from Binghamton to Utica
-Seattle's Palm Springs affiliate won't join the AHL until the 2022-2023 season.

Still surprised there is no AHL team in Portland, Oregon. The Winterhawks are a relatively successful junior team, and I feel like either Edmonton or Calgary wouldn't mind moving their affiliate further north.
I'm sure they wouldn't, but wasn't the idea in forming the AHL pacific division to make it mostly traversable by bus?

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Sign that limoges guy. 17 points in first 19 games. Gotta have some solid nhl potential.

I'm still extremely surprised that he only took a PTO to come here. He's had an army of NHL teams after him during his time in the NCAA.

I'm guessing they have a handshake agreement on a deal for next season. The on-ice results back that up, too.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
No Sam Carrick? Giving him some time to let his nose finally heal eh.... Nice.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Argument could be made that the defense is getting the entire top-4 back at the same time
Didn't even realize, they are getting back top 4 defense.... a top scoring line in AHL... plus the best player in the AHL.

That's crazy.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don’t think Zegras or Drysdale need more time in the AHL, but this will help the Gulls and players like Groulx and Perrault get closer to the NHL with that skill around them.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Don’t think Zegras or Drysdale need more time in the AHL, but this will help the Gulls and players like Groulx and Perrault get closer to the NHL with that skill around them.
Drysdale needs more time... if he plays anywhere like he did toward the end of the season I hope he starts in San Diego.

It's good for both of them to get playoff experience and high intensity situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->