Speculation: 2020-21 Roster

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I'll be more than just a critic. I'll throw my ideas out for now.

Roster
: 20 -21
Tyler Bertuzzi – (C)Dylan Larkin – Anthony Mantha
Taro Hirose
Andras Anthansiou – Luke Glendening
Michael Rasmussen – Joe ValeneoFilip Zadina
Darren Helm – (A)Frans Nielson – Evgeny Svechnikov

* Christoffer Ehn, C/LW
* (A)Justin Abdelkader, RW

Danny DeKeyser – Filip Hronek
Dennis Cholowski – Oliwer Kaski
Jared McIsaacMadison Bowey

* Gustav Lindstrom RHD

Rookie
Resign
RFA

Obviously it assumes some players will be held down in the minors this year to develop physically and play more meaningful top line minutes to expand their game.

I didn't put Seider or any prospect from this draft mostly just because I think they'll take time to judge fully. I'm not here saying I hate this kid, he's a bust or anything like that at all. Just like Cozens and he fell in our laps. That's about it. Cozens was my pick going into the draft. BUT... I'm not Steve Yzerman, a dude who built one of the best Rosters last year... with an epic meltdown. But still. People get the point.... Yzerman judgement.... Snuggs judgement... :popcorn:

Take a swing at Jake Gardiner this year and see if we can't get him for around 5/6 million per for a long-term. Still need talent around younger talent to let them grow. Nothing suggest he'd wanna join a rebuild unless it's for top dollar though. So, I don't blame if people wanna pass.

Last edited:

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
you look at that potential roster and realize why yzerman is saying patience . it also makes me think were going to make a deal to take on a bad contract with a blue chip prospect being our payment received because weve got to add kicks at the can anywaypossible . amongst ufa i dream of josi

Reactions: Snuggs

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
And for the hell of it

Bertuzzi Larkin mantha

2020 top pick veleno zadina

Hirose nielsen rasmussen

abdelkader Pearson ehn

Think athanasiou gets dealt for a dman or assets svechnikov,turgeon,helm,glendening ,hicketts, all get dealt by then or not resigned

Dekeyser hronek

Cholowski seider

(Ufa dman or through trade) lindstrom

Kaski or saarijarvi

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
And for the hell of it

Bertuzzi Larkin mantha

2020 top pick veleno zadina

Hirose nielsen rasmussen

abdelkader Pearson ehn

Think athanasiou gets dealt for a dman or assets svechnikov,turgeon,helm,glendening ,hicketts, all get dealt by then or not resigned

Dekeyser hronek

Cholowski seider

(Ufa dman or through trade) lindstrom

Kaski or saarijarvi

Not bad. I wouldn't be upset to see Veleno on the 2nd line. Maybe with Athanasiou even if you didn't trade him.

Serious question:

What would you give up for Svechnikov, Turgeon or Hicketts? I don't think anyone in the league will give up a draft pick for them... Maybe prospect swaps? Idk, If they can't crack the wings line-up regularly I don't think other teams would want them is all I'm saying. Robbie Russo was let go last year for a conditional 7th round pick that never materialize because he didn't play 30 games. I think that's the best we as fans could hope for.

Selling Helm for essentially anything is a good idea, because, we've got players/prospects that can step right into his role. (Ehn, Turgeon, de le Rose, *Possibly Albin Grewe)

Luke Glendenning salary is low, and his signed for a few, he's a hard working player, professional, can play in multiple spots. I don't mind trading for him but... it's got to be worth it. I'd want a legitimate 2nd round pick or a pretty good blue-chip type prospect(not an all start) or maybe even player for player swap.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Luke Glendenning salary is low, and his signed for a few, he's a hard working player, professional, can play in multiple spots. I don't mind trading for him but... it's got to be worth it. I'd want a legitimate 2nd round pick or a pretty good blue-chip type prospect(not an all start) or maybe even player for player swap.
I know we've joked about it for a couple years now but I'm sure Babcock would like him for a playoff run if they need C depth at the deadline.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Idk why you think that when he played in a better league and did very well compared to Seider.

Kaski isn't small... 6'3, 190ish. Same size as Danny DeKeyser. An Liiga is known for being pretty similar to the NHL/KHL compared to the rest of the Euro leagues.

I just find it rather funny no one. NOT ONE PERSON here in this forum suggested him over Broberg or Soderstrom....

An now he's ready to play, next year, for sure 2020. Great. I'll be really happy, just wonder where were all your voices before the Red Wings media machine pimped this kid after his selection? Or were you all ready to support any pick/player?

Side note: I'll take your friendly bet. Msg me what you're willing to wager, Drinks are cool with me.

I had him ranked at #8. Broberg at 12.
Prospect Info: - Draft Boards - Specific to our own Member Draft Boards
(Post 68 I believe)

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Not bad. I wouldn't be upset to see Veleno on the 2nd line. Maybe with Athanasiou even if you didn't trade him.

Serious question:

What would you give up for Svechnikov, Turgeon or Hicketts? I don't think anyone in the league will give up a draft pick for them... Maybe prospect swaps? Idk, If they can't crack the wings line-up regularly I don't think other teams would want them is all I'm saying. Robbie Russo was let go last year for a conditional 7th round pick that never materialize because he didn't play 30 games. I think that's the best we as fans could hope for.

Selling Helm for essentially anything is a good idea, because, we've got players/prospects that can step right into his role. (Ehn, Turgeon, de le Rose, *Possibly Albin Grewe)

Hoping for 7ths? Well ya similar Russo deal would probably apply to a hicketts , can maybe see no conditions on a 6-7 for turgeon with him being a center and having nhl bloodlines but what do I know And That’s why I mentioned possibly releasing them cause that’s an option as well but I definetly do think we can get something back for svechnkkov who missed a year and still has some potential left being a former first , at the minimum 4-5?

I’d personally try and get a 3rd from Carolina with the enticement of reuniting the brothers or he can be a nice chip in a big trade , obviously that all changes if he makes the roster this year and goes for 20 goals and maybe someone like hirose tails off and becomes expendable down the road

Helm should at least garner a 3rd or 4th , as for glendening I’d target the leafs (can’t f***en believe we didn’t win the marleau deal) who are cash strapped and would love glendening at 900k if we ate the salary which should garner us at least a 2nd by doing so and maybe a 5/6 ?

anyways I expect some guys being dumped to make room

Last edited:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
so am I the only one that thinks Ericsson will sign a new deal with the Wings after his current one ends?

also I know Bernier is under contract and all but I think he would need a pretty big improvement compared to last year for the Wings to feel comfortable going into 2020-21 with the Bernier/Larsson pairing in net people keep mentioning,I really think Howard/Bernier with Larsson back in the AHL to start the year is a lot more likely(with either an injury callup for Larsson or Bernier getting waived at some point)

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
so am I the only one that thinks Ericsson will sign a new deal with the Wings after his current one ends?
Yes.

1) He's 35, so there's no cap relief if he retires
2) He's got a hip socket injury, that's never going to heal itself.
3) Blashill stuck him in the pressbox last season
4) He's obviously slow.
5) The Wings need more reliable players on D, this constant round robin of injuries and illnesses has to end.
6) They'll have enough cap space to make a splash (hopefully)

I liked Big E prior to injury, but it's time for him to go. Just like Kronwall and Green. I liked them all as a fan, but I'm a huge Mike Gartner fan too. Doesn't mean I want to see Garts back on the ice.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Yes.

1) He's 35, so there's no cap relief if he retires
2) He's got a hip socket injury, that's never going to heal itself.
3) Blashill stuck him in the pressbox last season
4) He's obviously slow.
5) The Wings need more reliable players on D, this constant round robin of injuries and illnesses has to end.
6) They'll have enough cap space to make a splash (hopefully)

I liked Big E prior to injury, but it's time for him to go. Just like Kronwall and Green. I liked them all as a fan, but I'm a huge Mike Gartner fan too. Doesn't mean I want to see Garts back on the ice.
All good points. But also the league has changed drastically since he signed his current contract. It's not just that he's slow. Faster players have always had an advantage there but the slow guys could compensate in other ways. It's that now the slow, heavy-footed players are being weeded out at a pretty fast clip. The trend is that everybody needs to be able to skate, even the big guys. I think that's the biggest reason he won't be back.

Reactions: Winger98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad