2020/21 Roster Thread X: Chuck's time to shine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
As much as I hate to say it, I think Sanheim is moved in the off-season. I hate it. But I think it’s likely. No sources, no rumours, just a feeling I get. Anyone have a player or players in their mind think will absolutely not be here next season? Aside from the obvious ones. Any dark horse guys to be moved?

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
As much as I hate to say it, I think Sanheim is moved in the off-season. I hate it. But I think it’s likely. No sources, no rumours, just a feeling I get. Anyone have a player or players in their mind think will absolutely not be here next season? Aside from the obvious ones. Any dark horse guys to be moved?

ghost i think they will try to move whenever they have the chance. Tbh I also want to move on from him cus its annoying seeing him scratched/not played in a position to succeed. Time to move on and let york be the new ghost. If we get a top 4 d, I can see myers being moved for that as well.

provorov-X
sanehim-myers
york-braun
morin

lets pray seattle takes hagg or braun and im all in favor of moving the one that is left and signing a ufa for the 3rd pair. Wouldn't mind braun but lets change this shit up.

Last edited:

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Can't believe I'm saying this but I'd give Corey Perry a strong look next year
hellllll to the no lol. We already have a stacked forward lineup so there's no room unless Fletcher decides to go crazy and move a lot of pieces. With frost coming in as well, there isn't much room if seattle decides to take braun/hagg. If Seattle takes a fwd then we have room and I would rather sign someone else than a player who sucks at skating. Im a ducks fan and I want him nowhere near this team

as for alec Martinez...if hagg and braun are gone, then yes. Otherwise, he is not the answer for the top 4 @Ghosts Beer

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I think Sanheim, Patrick, & Myers will be moved. I don’t think NAK will be back, either.

Reactions: tucson83 and Swic21

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Myers has a chance to be traded. But I would have to think it’s would be a pretty good deal/package for him to be moved. Tough to find RHD his size and provide that skating ability. Of course his game needs to improve.

Patrick I think for sure is gone one way or another now with reports they were shopping him. Vegas for Glass? Something like that.

Jake/JVR I think one of the two are gone. Either Seattle or JVR to Arizona because they were heavily pursuing him via free agency and still want scoring I believe.

People saying Couts might leave I don’t think realize that Fletcher is going to throw the bank at him and also tell these guys he is sticking with the plan is to change the team but compete. Flyers almost rarely lose players they want to keep via free agency.

Ghost almost surely is gone. Not that I agree but that seems inevitable at this point. To Florida? Probably will need to take a contract back.

Going to be a very interesting off season. Of course the one move that would instantly makes us a better team is losing the man behind the bench. Won’t happen.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

About halfway in -

- Fletch is right - the mix is off on this team. Not the right group of guys.

- JVR or Voracek salaries probably not a deterrent for Seattle. They won't be a "cap" team, and they will need star power and salary. Commitment is not long on either. He can see either one being picked.

- Provorov not a #1 defenseman and might never be.

- Expectations way too high for Myers, a guy who has barely played a season's worth of games.

- This is a super soft team, and that is not what the Flyers are about. Flyers need to think about their identity and get the right mix of players. Marchand plays the way the Flyers should. Not saying they should go back to BSB, but, as an example, JVR is not $7M well-spent. Not the right kind of player.

- Patrick - did the Flyers botch the pick? Hindsight is 20/20. He's struggling to show that he can be a consistent everyday NHL player. Needs to be fully recovered and in a normal season before making a real assessment on who he is.

- Patience needed with Hart; he's young and there will be struggles but just work with him and he will get his game back. Right now, there's a lot going on in his head, lack of trust in what's happening in front of him, he is vulnerable. Should find a way to send him down - not as punishment, but more as a "listen Carter, we've got some shit to work out up here. Why don't you go down for a bit, work on your game?"

- AV, struggled to find success this year, but no practice time, not the right mix. Kyper believes he can turn this around next season.

- If we're in the same position next year, what then? Chuck has an important offseason. Can't go into the new season with the team looking like this. AV needs to have a different looking team, and that's on Chuck.

Last edited:
Reactions: renberg

Everlong

Jun 21, 2018
I can definitely see them trading a left side defenseman. They are 6 or 7 deep on the left side even if they lose 1 to Seattle.

The forward group as a whole is not only not physical, but they are also not fast. Probably near the league bottom for forward team speed. Add those together and there needs to be a very high level of focus, effort, and intensity to compensate.

Reactions: renberg

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I semicynically wonder if there is any temptation for anyone on the squad to let slip a possible COVID-related "contact" or even general symptoms consistent with COVID positivity, just to miss as much of the remaining games as possible. Take a pandemic-assisted knee, as it were.

Oh great, more awesome leadership advice. Geez.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I semicynically wonder if there is any temptation for anyone on the squad to let slip a possible COVID-related "contact" or even general symptoms consistent with COVID positivity, just to miss as much of the remaining games as possible. Take a pandemic-assisted knee, as it were.

I hope so! Makes it easy to decide who needs to be traded.

Reactions: BernieParent

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
hellllll to the no lol. We already have a stacked forward lineup so there's no room unless Fletcher decides to go crazy and move a lot of pieces. With frost coming in as well, there isn't much room if seattle decides to take braun/hagg. If Seattle takes a fwd then we have room and I would rather sign someone else than a player who sucks at skating. Im a ducks fan and I want him nowhere near this team

as for alec Martinez...if hagg and braun are gone, then yes. Otherwise, he is not the answer for the top 4 @Ghosts Beer
Stacked forward lineup was something we had this year too. Frost has proven nothing. One thing this team lacks is winners, something Perry and Martinez both are.

People want this team to move forward, that means removing the excuses. It’s very clear accountability is a problem.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
With Hak and Av, having players not fit the coach should mean changing the coach. Lavy type would have been better for getting the most out of ghost, sanheim at the least. Probably TK as well

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Morgan Frost sure as hell dodged a bullet this season.

I truly hope that AV is gone and Gallant is in when Frost comes back healthy.

With Hak and Av, having players not fit the coach should mean changing the coach. Lavy type would have been better for getting the most out of ghost, sanheim at the least. Probably TK as well

It's much more logical and easier to pull off to change the coaching staff than it is to reset and fully change up your entire roster. If you know that the skill is there from these players and you know that are capable of so much more and see their value, then changing the coach is the simplest, easiest and cheapest solution to help fix the problem. Yes, you can trade players away, but if you know you have a lot going with your core and you need something different and better, changing the coach would generally be considered the easiest and best change you could probably get for the team in short notice. Gives the team a chance to reload instead of rebuild.

Reactions: BillDineen

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I truly hope that AV is gone and Gallant is in when Frost comes back healthy.

It's much more logical and easier to pull off to change the coaching staff than it is to reset and fully change up your entire roster. If you know that the skill is there from these players and you know that are capable of so much more and see their value, then changing the coach is the simplest, easiest and cheapest solution to help fix the problem. Yes, you can trade players away, but if you know you have a lot going with your core and you need something different and better, changing the coach would generally be considered the easiest and best change you could probably get for the team in short notice. Gives the team a chance to reload instead of rebuild.
They’ve changed coaches a bunch of times with the same results.

At least AV led them to a playoff series win for the first time in 8 years.

Also, Gallant is ridiculously overrated.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Couts is owed alot of money, his cap hit starts with a 9 imo, and we have to pay it.

I could see G signing 1 year deals, will make him very appealing to contenders at the deadline if we still suck and he wants a shot to win.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Stacked forward lineup was something we had this year too. Frost has proven nothing. One thing this team lacks is winners, something Perry and Martinez both are.

People want this team to move forward, that means removing the excuses. It’s very clear accountability is a problem.
It is odd to me that the coach made an excuse after the last game, and he has been knocked for seemingly holding certain players accountable this season and not others. The GM has repeatedly mentioned Covid having a harder effect on certain guys than others. From my perspective, all it has been is excuses from the top down. There should already be no excuse for coaching a team with this much talent to the record they have.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
It is odd to me that the coach made an excuse after the last game, and he has been knocked for seemingly holding certain players accountable this season and not others. The GM has repeatedly mentioned Covid having a harder effect on certain guys than others. From my perspective, all it has been is excuses from the top down. There should already be no excuse for coaching a team with this much talent to the record they have.
Here's the excuse: Abominably bad goaltending.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They’ve changed coaches a bunch of times with the same results.

At least AV led them to a playoff series win for the first time in 8 years.

Also, Gallant is ridiculously overrated.

AV led them to nothing. He threw out the regular season system to play a coward's shell and Hart plus a few others dragged them team on their backs.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
AV led them to nothing. He threw out the regular season system to play a coward's shell and Hart plus a few others dragged them team on their backs.

The same goaltender he has no issue throwing under the bus now is the only reason they made it past Montreal.

They were outplayed and scraped by.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

define stacked? This forward group, beyond G, Couturier and more rarely Jake and TK is far from “stacked.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->