2020/21 Roster Thread IX: Where Everyone Becomes Erratic and Irrational

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
If people honestly just want to free up money by removing a guy who isn't work his cap hit, they're targeting the wrong one.

How about the guy who's getting $7.14m for another 5 years? :popcorn:
there's no way we move on from the face of our franchise. God damnit that hurt even typing it. I will never have it come out of my mouth, however

Reactions: Striiker

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Seattle is going to have to take on some salary just to meet the cap floor. I think they'll take JVR, myself. If Voracek is left exposed and they don't take him, I'll be flabbergasted, but then I'd be flabbergasted that we left our 70 point winger exposed.
they can easily make the cap floor without big contracts

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Not really that worried about Voracek. He hasn’t really been that good this year but he was good in previous years so not really sure it’s a steep decline. We’re kind of stuck with his contract anyway. You’re just not going unload full contracts in this current economy especially sizable ones. I guess there’s Seattle if there’s any chance but I just don’t think it happens.

Voracek's stats are weird this season in that he's been very good with Giroux, acceptable with Patrick, below average with Hayes, wretched with Couturier. I don't know what to make of that, except perhaps his numbers are rather linemate dependent.

He still appears to be skating fine, and that's usually my Voracek barometer. When his skating becomes hampered, then I'm in the deep worry phase. Short of Seattle, we're stuck with each other, and for some of his flaws, you could do much much worse. He's never been good defensively -- even in his elite play-driving prime, he felt more a product of transition/offensive possession than raw defensive ability -- but I am curious why his numbers are so poor. Perhaps he's someone more hindered than others by the poor transition system. Does it exacerbate his flaws?

His offensive impacts the last two seasons are similar (dropped from years prior); last season, his defensive xGA/60 was good. Now, it's poor. His scoring is still there; he had a similar season in 2016-2017 to emerge with 3 positive seasons in the underlying numbers. It's not like his overall numbers are a train wreck. Nothing stands out as blatantly obvious. I know what he is and isn't at this stage; maybe that's why I don't worry over him. As long as the feet move, I shrug it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad