Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospect list for the polls

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I have a list of 35 prospects here for the upcoming polls. Let me know if I'm missing anyone, or if there are players listed here that you don't think should be included.

Removed from last year's list
Aube-Kubel, NicolasNHL
Bernhardt, DavidRights expired 6/1/20
Farabee, JoelNHL
Kalynuk, WyattSigned by Chicago on 7/7/20
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

1Allison, Wade
2Andrae, Emil
3Attard, Ronnie
4Brink, Bobby
5Brodzinski, Bryce
6Bunnaman, Connor
7Cates, Noah
8Desnoyers, Elliot
9Foerster, Tyson
10Friedman, Mark
11Frost, Morgan
12Ginning, Adam
13Hain, Gavin
14Hogberg, Linus
15Kase, David
16Laberge, Pascal
17Laczynski, Tanner
18Lycksell, Olle
19McClennon, Connor
20Millman, Mason
21O'Brien, Jay
22Ratcliffe, Isaac
23Rubtsov, German
24Sandin, Linus
25Serdyuk, Yegor
26St. Ivany, Jack
27Strome, Matthew
28Sushko, Maxim
29Twarynski, Carson
30Vorobyev, Mikhail
31Westfalt, Marcus
32Wisdom, Zayde
33Wylie, Wyatte
34York, Cam
35Zamula, Yegor
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I would also remove Sandin. Aside from that, looks good.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I would also remove Sandin. Aside from that, looks good.

Sandin is a tricky one. He's 24 years old and has been playing pro hockey since the 15/16 season. That doesn't feel like a prospect.

But at the same time, Friedman is also 24. The difference is he's only been a pro since the 17/18 season, and he's been in our system the whole time.

I'd say Sandin probably shouldn't be considered a prospect. Plus, ranking prospects with such large age gaps can really muddy the water anyway.

Edit: Vorobyev is another one. It's tough to separate the player from situation. Yeah, we own his rights, but he's got a 3 year deal in Russia. That takes him to UFA status in the NHL IIRC. Even I'm not all that motivated to vote for him, and he's one of my favorites.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Sandin is a tricky one. He's 24 years old and has been playing pro hockey since the 15/16 season. That doesn't feel like a prospect.

But at the same time, Friedman is also 24. The difference is he's only been a pro since the 17/18 season, and he's been in our system the whole time.

I'd say Sandin probably shouldn't be considered a prospect. Plus, ranking prospects with such large age gaps can really muddy the water anyway.

Edit: Vorobyev is another one. It's tough to separate the player from situation. Yeah, we own his rights, but he's got a 3 year deal in Russia. That takes him to UFA status in the NHL IIRC. Even I'm not all that motivated to vote for him, and he's one of my favorites.

Sandin and Vorobyev were the two I wondered about.

Unless people really feel strongly they should be out, for completeness I'll leave them in. IIRC, Lyubimov was left in for the 2016 polls when he was 24.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
That takes him to UFA status in the NHL IIRC. Even I'm not all that motivated to vote for him, and he's one of my favorites.
Vorobyev would have another year of control after his KHL deal expires.

I think you should be consistent whatever you do. Sandin and Friedman are both entering their D+7 seasons. Include both or none imo. I have Sandin in that Laczynski/Allison bucket of players so I think it would be fair to include him. Sandin and Friedman both qualify for rookie status so there's that too.

Reactions: Adtar02

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I didn’t include Vorobyev or Sandin when attempting my own ranking. I just found them too difficult to sort out. I probably will keep them out of mine.

As for Friedman, he won’t play a game next season before age 25. I’d be okay with excluding him too. But his long-standing presence in this organization is easier to figure out ranking him relative to others.

Reactions: Adtar02

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
35 guy....and how many have 1st line or top pairing upside?

1? 2?

I would guess that is the case with most teams, especially when you consider that players younger then a lot of the guys on this list get graduated off it.

Prospects like Patrick, Provorov, TK, Farabee all would have spent a minimum amount of time on this list while having that sort of upside.

Reactions: deadhead

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think it makes sense (and makes it easier for me with fewer poll options) to leave out Friedman, Sandin and Vorobyev due to age/signing for 3 years in Russia.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad