Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospect Development Tracker

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Kinda surprised he got a deal this off-season, didn't really seem to do much this past year by stat watching. Similar aged peers did a lot more on his team.

*Edit, I forgot he was a 2001.. so I think he is AHL eligible next season? Guess that is why he got the deal then instead of going back to juniors.
He did have some clutch goals in the playoffs and heard he played well during the postseason. Kid has mad skill. Hopefully he can keep developing

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
The Belarus league is terrible and younger players frequently score at much higher clips, even if that may be skewed by the development program. I think this is a waste of a contract, but I could be wrong.

No they don’t. Yunost Minsk is the top team in Belarus and are apart of CL. Historically their best players have been prime age and average 60 points a season.

Oksentyuk was only there on a loan because the OHL didn’t play and was playing bottom six minutes. Wasn’t like they were going to have him take over the team when he wasn’t even supposed to be there.

Not saying he’s some guaranteed future top 6 talent, but they obviously liked what they saw from him given the unique situation.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
No they don’t. Yunost Minsk is the top team in Belarus and are apart of CL. Historically their best players have been prime age and average 60 points a season.

Oksentyuk was only there on a loan because the OHL didn’t play and was playing bottom six minutes. Wasn’t like they were going to have him take over the team when he wasn’t even supposed to be there.

Not saying he’s some guaranteed future top 6 talent, but they obviously liked what they saw from him given the unique situation.

He also put up points with Flint too so I'm betting they saw something there as well that warranted this contract.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Riley Tufte is our top prospect ATM, no disrespect allowed.

Just looked at his EP page.. still can't believe we picked a guy with 0.5PPG in the USHL in his draft year. Although that draft is pretty trash and everyone around him (less one) is also trash so I guess we can't be too mad.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Riley Tufte is our top prospect ATM, no disrespect allowed.

Just looked at his EP page.. still can't believe we picked a guy with 0.5PPG in the USHL in his draft year. Although that draft is pretty trash and everyone around him (less one) is also trash so I guess we can't be too mad.
You rank prospect by height too?

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com

You didn't refute my point at all. I said players his age or younger score higher clips in the league. You came back with "Yunost's highest scorers are prime age." No shit. But how does that refute that other players score more at his age? It doesnt. He was tied 14th in scoring in the league this year among U20 players. Even his playoff numbers are worse than number of players. And I dont know about you but I dont expect 14 U20 guys currently in the Belarus league to become NHL players some day.

Not to mention. Yunost is not the top team in Belarus. Dinamo Minsk is. That's where the top Belorussian prospects play, particularly in their U20 season. Look at Yegor sharangovich for example. I used to call the Belarus league itself the place where prospects go to die, because players who didnt cut it in the KHL would get put in the Belarus league and never appear again.

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
You rank prospect by height too?

Yes, Tufte, Curtis Douglas, Jermaine Loewen, love me some big boys, they will surely be Dallas Stars soon.

Just gotta be patient like Jim Nill says, marinate them in the minors for 25 years.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
They knew they had a problem developing goalies. Then there was Mike Valley from 2011 or so, right when JC came in, and Campbell felt he was being left with no coach at all. Jeff Reese came over from Philly in 2015 or so. Is he moving on or was this new guy someone they really felt was an upgrade?

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
You didn't refute my point at all. I said players his age or younger score higher clips in the league. You came back with "Yunost's highest scorers are prime age." No shit. But how does that refute that other players score more at his age? It doesnt. He was tied 14th in scoring in the league this year among U20 players. Even his playoff numbers are worse than number of players. And I dont know about you but I dont expect 14 U20 guys currently in the Belarus league to become NHL players some day.

Not to mention. Yunost is not the top team in Belarus. Dinamo Minsk is. That's where the top Belorussian prospects play, particularly in their U20 season. Look at Yegor sharangovich for example. I used to call the Belarus league itself the place where prospects go to die, because players who didnt cut it in the KHL would get put in the Belarus league and never appear again.

It’s called an implication, genius.

I was saying the top scorers of the league are all 28-31+, and on average their “clips” are 60 points per season.

And “no shit” right back at ya buddy, Dinamo Minsk doesn’t play in the Belarusian league. They play in the KHL, which wasn’t a topic of discussion at all.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
They knew they had a problem developing goalies. Then there was Mike Valley from 2011 or so, right when JC came in, and Campbell felt he was being left with no coach at all. Jeff Reese came over from Philly in 2015 or so. Is he moving on or was this new guy someone they really felt was an upgrade?

You are mixing pro-league and minor-league coaches.

The new hire is replacing Jim Bedard.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX

Nothing more obnoxious than Razor pumping Valley's tires as some goalie whisperer when all he did was get Kari Lehtonen to stop eating cheesburgers, and convinced Nill that Rynnas and Lindback were solid reclamation projects.

Reactions: LT and Abilify

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
It’s called an implication, genius.

I was saying the top scorers of the league are all 28-31+, and on average their “clips” are 60 points per season.

And “no shit” right back at ya buddy, Dinamo Minsk doesn’t play in the Belarusian league. They play in the KHL, which wasn’t a topic of discussion at all.
Reread your post. You said they were the best team in Belarus, not in the Belorussian league.

The implication is that he has far fewer points both than top league players and in many other players in his age in the league.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Jeff Reese is still working as NHL goalie coach and has done a decent job. This move is for the prospects playing in the AHL. Jim Bedard isn't listed as AHL goalie coach anymore so Daniels takes over that job

IRC before they hired Bedard a couple of years back they had no specific AHL goalie coach for a long time. Probably could've been helpful when Campbell was still a prospect.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad