Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospect Development Tracker

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Could Borque be given one of those 9 game contracts next season to kick thibgs off...or too soon?
I assume you're talking about him playing 9 games without burning a year of his ELC, there is no 9 game contract.
He already signed his ELC, so yes, they could have him play up to 9 games without burning a year of his ELC, but it's not likely that it happens.
Players like him, Robertson, etc need top 6 time. Which is why it was stupid to have Robertson start the season on the 4th line with the scrub brigade..... Getting off track.
There's not any top 6 positions really up for grabs next year
Robertson-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Hintz-Pavelski

should compromise our top 6 (in some order). So there's basically no chance barring injuries that it happens. Even with injuries, the team has shown in the past they'll play a 40yr career AHL over calling up a promising kid who is doing well in the AHL, not that Bourque will be in the AHL, so it's moot anyway

Last edited:

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I assume you're talking about him playing 9 games without burning a year of his ELC, there is no 9 game contract.
He already signed his ELC, so yes, they could have him play up to 9 games without burning a year of his ELC, but it's not likely that it happens.
Players like him, Robertson, etc need top 6 time. Which is why it was stupid to have Robertson start the season on the 4th line with the scrub brigade..... Getting off track.
There's not any top 6 positions really up for grabs next year
Robertson-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Hintz-Pavelski

should compromise our top 6 (in some order). So there's basically no chance barring injuries that it happens. Even with injuries, the team has shown in the past they'll play a 40yr career AHL over calling up a promising kid who is doing well in the AHL, not that Bourque will be in the AHL, so it's moot anyway

Sorry yeh didnt mean 9 game contract. More the 9 game stint without brining elc.

A part if me wpuld be interested in seeing him on a line with Kiviranta and Gurianov. Would be exciting

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He's probably be ready for the AHL he's shown that in his short stint to end the year but NHL ? Unlikely. Next season will return back to business as usual so CHL players either play NHL or go back to their junior team.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Expected. He really has not done much since beeing drafted. Sure pandemic really hurt him as well but still.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Ya he got f***ed on having a good OHL season.. but I doubt he would have been good enough for a contract.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Really not compareable to McKenzie who is a mucker and grinder while Damiani is a skillplayer. Not mention in a normal year there's a good chance Damiani gets called up and send down multiple times. With the Taxi Squad beeing around i don't think the Stars called up a single player that started the year in the AHL .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->