Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospect Development Tracker

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Bourque with only 1 goal and 1 assist over his last two games. Putting him at 12th in PTS/G, behind only Hendrix Lapierre and Lukas Cormier in that category between 2020 drafted players.

Remi Poirier put up another good game against the Foreurs stopping 29 of 31. His season stats are .921 SV% and a 2.38 GAA.

Also a random one, Center Justin Robidas (Stephane Robidas' son) is at a PPG as a draft eligible currently ranked in the 2nd round. Not saying I would love for them to pick him up or anything, but I sure as heck wouldn't complain.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Also a random one, Center Justin Robidas (Stephane Robidas' son) is at a PPG as a draft eligible currently ranked in the 2nd round. Not saying I would love for them to pick him up or anything, but I sure as heck wouldn't complain.

Please don't though ... I'm only in my 30's ... and this makes me feel so old. I was young when Robidas was here .... lol. It's weird seeing these young son's of guys I liked when I was in elementary, middle, and high school.

Reactions: LT and Henderson33

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Please don't though ... I'm only in my 30's ... and this makes me feel so old. I was young when Robidas was here .... lol. It's weird seeing these young son's of guys I liked when I was in elementary, middle, and high school.

I don't know why I just though about this, but the the situation that will be even worse ....

In the first round of the 2026 draft, the Dallas Stars are proud to select Brody Morrow.

Now you have a guy on who is both the son and grandson of 2 awesome former Stars.

Reactions: Henderson33

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Remi Poirier - 28/29 in a 2-1 OT win.

He's having a very good season. Wish I was able to go see him and Bourque play in person but I don't think that will be possible even next season.

Of course the one time we draft Q players I can't even go see them...

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Appears Antonio Stranges picked up his first AHL point tonight in what I believe is his first game

Also Damiani leads all Texas Stars with 6 points in 5 games

Most of the youngsters down there are having great starts to the season in fact

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Appears Antonio Stranges picked up his first AHL point tonight in what I believe is his first game

Also Damiani leads all Texas Stars with 6 points in 5 games

Most of the youngsters down there are having great starts to the season in fact
the only bad thing, is you can't read to much into it, as a bunch of players that should/would be in the ahl are currently occupying taxi spots, so the level of competition isn't quite the same as it normally would be either

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
the only bad thing, is you can't read to much into it, as a bunch of players that should/would be in the ahl are currently occupying taxi spots, so the level of competition isn't quite the same as it normally would be either

That is true, but should be a good confidence booster nonetheless for the younger guys

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Cream rises to the top

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'm not sure if you're allowed to post streams but if you look on a certain hockey streaming site I'm sure you can find a stream of Bourque's game happening right now, wink. wink.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW

It's hard to say for sure from a crappy twitter video, but that was very encouraging to see him doing the same things against pros that he does in the OHL.

If he can put his game together, he has one of the highest ceilings in the draft. The only other Knights that have had comparable puck skills to Stranges were Kane and Marner.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
It's hard to say for sure from a crappy twitter video, but that was very encouraging to see him doing the same things against pros that he does in the OHL.

If he can put his game together, he has one of the highest ceilings in the draft. The only other Knights that have had comparable puck skills to Stranges were Kane and Marner.
No offence but stranges puck skills aren’t anywhere near Kane or Marners .

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
It's definitely interesting to watch. I remember Ulf Dahlen used to skate similar to that but it was generally closer to the boards or in tight in front of the net, and not out in the open/used in place of cross-overs.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Puck skills, yes. Hockey sense, no.

There was a reason Stranges was a consensus first-round pick before last season.
There is also a reason why he wasn’t a 1st round pick . If he had Kane’s hands he would have been a first round pick regardless of his hockey sense .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
That was their draft strategy, taking the most skilled forwards left in each round, despite some speed, hand, shot, or hockey sense flaws. If you can improve that weakness, they can be players, a la Jamie Benn.

It was a draft strategy that allowed the SF 49'ers to pick up the likes of Clark and Montana in later rounds, which their assistant coaches molded into players that fit their scheme. For the Stars, I think the quality of their AHL coaches will be the key to any of these lower round guys ramping up to NHL level, as well as keeping a consistent system (i.e., train a guy for a system that is no longer in place when he reaches the NHL won't make him very productive.)

Reactions: Satan

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Random players can have elite skills without being elite hockey players. Just look at Rob Schremp.

Rob Schremp is really such a great comparable for someone like Stranges. It's all a matter of how he develops the rest of his game over the next couple years to determine whether he flames out to Europe like Schremp or becomes a top-6 NHL producer.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Random players can have elite skills without being elite hockey players. Just look at Rob Schremp.
True but if there not tiny or don’t have low hockey iq they usually go in the first round . Like schremp did .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad