Speculation: 2020-21 NHL Lines & Lineup Notes Thread (as of Jul. 8th '21 @ 9:00am ET) [FINAL]

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Small change for the leafs would be Joey Anderson over Spezza. Possible Robertson over Engvall as well. Dubas said he wants more grit and toughness in the bottom 6. So Essentially

Hyman - Tavares -Marner
Mikheyev - Mathews - Nylander
Vesey - Kerfoot - Simmonds
Robertson - Thorton - Anderson

Other than, its all good.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Small change for the leafs would be Joey Anderson over Spezza. Possible Robertson over Engvall as well. Dubas said he wants more grit and toughness in the bottom 6. So Essentially

Hyman - Tavares -Marner
Mikheyev - Mathews - Nylander
Vesey - Kerfoot - Simmonds
Robertson - Thorton - Anderson

Other than, its all good.

Spezza gonna be scratched? I’m a Leafs fan and finding that one tough to believe. Is there any sources that would lend to the idea that Anderson would be in over Spezza? Keefe loves him and he showed his value in the play-ins big.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Spezza gonna be scratched? I’m a Leafs fan and finding that one tough to believe. Is there any sources that would lend to the idea that Anderson would be in over Spezza? Keefe loves him and he showed his value in the play-ins big.

Spezza has a really good chance to be scratched. Dubas said that Joey Anderson is pretty much a lock to make the lineup, unless he just lays an egg in training camp.

Also, singing Joe Thornton pushed Spezza out of the lineup. No reason to have 2 old slow players in the bottom 6. Not to mention Wayne Simmonds is there as well (albeit he isn't as slow as the other 2).

Dubas mentioned several times that he needed to make the bottom 6 tougher to play against. Its highly likely Spezza is kept as an injury replacement player and locker room presence.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Just my two cents as a Bruins fan, while Marchand and Pasta are out, I don’t see them shifting Coyle up to 1st line winger, they will try Craig Smith in that spot, especially since Bergeron was supposedly one of the driving factors in pursuing Smith

Coyle would center Ritchie and Kuhlman/Studnicka and Kuraly would take his normal spot between Wagner and Lindholm on the 4th

also it’s highly likely they have Zboril up to compete for that 3rd line role or even on the 2nd pair so that Carlo can act as a safety net pushing Lauzon down to the 3rd pair where his skill set is better suited anyways...Moore is likely to be the 7th and Miller on the Taxi squad

all speculation but based on their roster moves that’s their goal, especially on the blueline, they didn’t let Chara go so that John Moore or Kevan Miller could play more, IMO

Reactions: BonMorrison

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Just my two cents as a Bruins fan, while Marchand and Pasta are out, I don’t see them shifting Coyle up to 1st line winger, they will try Craig Smith in that spot, especially since Bergeron was supposedly one of the driving factors in pursuing Smith

Coyle would center Ritchie and Kuhlman/Studnicka and Kuraly would take his normal spot between Wagner and Lindholm on the 4th

also it’s highly likely they have Zboril up to compete for that 3rd line role or even on the 2nd pair so that Carlo can act as a safety net pushing Lauzon down to the 3rd pair where his skill set is better suited anyways...Moore is likely to be the 7th and Miller on the Taxi squad

all speculation but based on their roster moves that’s their goal, especially on the blueline, they didn’t let Chara go so that John Moore or Kevan Miller could play more, IMO

How long is Marchand out for?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Hello everyone - Happy Game Day!

As of right now this document is tracking the lines for Game 1 but just a reminder that once each team gets going, the lines are a reflection of what happened the night prior. So while it is appreciated, you don't need to send me lines on game day and whatnot to tell me to update. It'll be done the next morning/afternoon. Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->