Speculation: 2020-21 News/Rumors/Roster Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
If there ever was a year to lift all the blackout, 2021 would be it.

I actually think it’s the opposite. NHL is going to be down to really only one major source of revenue, TV rights. What better way to alienate that stakeholder than to completely devalue the investment they made in you. ESPECIALLY this year where all their ratings have been down across the board! Even more so!!! Because the NHL is entering into negotiations for a new national deal this year as well.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I actually think it’s the opposite. NHL is going to be down to really only one major source of revenue, TV rights. What better way to alienate that stakeholder than to completely devalue the investment they made in you. ESPECIALLY this year where all their ratings have been down across the board! Even more so!!! Because the NHL is entering into negotiations for a new national deal this year as well.

Emphasis on MAJOR though, and that would benefit the TV rights anyway, wouldn't it? More viewership (in theory)?9==

I’ve lived in Las Vegas for my entire life sans graduate school, yes.

Honestly I didn't even realize you could get Kings on FSW out there. I guess it makes sense given there was no 'local' team.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
That is unfortunately not going to happen

Your options start at $80 per month

Suppose... you could design your perfect TV service
$35 a month isnt happening unless they sign back on with Sling or make it it's own channel like Disney+

I may have to switch to ATT when hockey starts back up. Last time I checked they didn’t have an Apple TV app with service in my area. But we use att for our cell phones, so maybe they have a bundle.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Emphasis on MAJOR though, and that would benefit the TV rights anyway, wouldn't it? More viewership (in theory)?9==

Honestly I didn't even realize you could get Kings on FSW out there. I guess it makes sense given there was no 'local' team.

We’ve been getting Kings games since Gretzky. I vividly remember the 1993 playoffs.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I've been debating getting NHL.tv (i'm in Vegas too), this mostly veteran, mostly not gonna be here in 2 years team doesn't do anything for me, can still watch when they play VGK, whatever games are on NBCSN and many 3rd periods on NHL Network.

Then again, given the season is only gonna be like 50 games, I would suspect the full-season is only gonna be like $90.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
I may have to switch to ATT when hockey starts back up. Last time I checked they didn’t have an Apple TV app with service in my area. But we use att for our cell phones, so maybe they have a bundle.
It won't be a service issue but if you can't access the app you might need a roku or fire stick

Last edited:

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
It won't be a service issue but if you can't to access the app you might need a roku or fire stick

Yea that’s an issue. Outside of nhl hockey, I probably watch 2 hours of tv a week. My wife watches tv a lot more, like 4 hours a day, every day. She’s comfortable with apple devices and I’m sure she could figure out something new. I just personally don’t want to deal with the change management issues which are certain to arise.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Nice little article up on the Athletic by Lisa Dillman: How three Kings players found a training home in Calgary this offseason. It features Jaret-Anderson Dolan, Kale Clague, and Austin Wagner. Discussed is the focused training they did in skating (JAD with the Edge School for Athletes, Clague and Wagner with Crash Conditioning). JAD has experimented with diet and cut a few pounds. Clague has worked on adding muscle mass and has gained 15 pounds. Wagner has worked on both strength and endurance and said his hands are feeling "a lot better."

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Nice little article up on the Athletic by Lisa Dillman: How three Kings players found a training home in Calgary this offseason. It features Jaret-Anderson Dolan, Kale Clague, and Austin Wagner. Discussed is the focused training they did in skating (JAD with the Edge School for Athletes, Clague and Wagner with Crash Conditioning). JAD has experimented with diet and cut a few pounds. Clague has worked on adding muscle mass and has gained 15 pounds. Wagner has worked on both strength and endurance and said his hands are feeling "a lot better."

haha Wagner's hands

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
JAD: I got faster, more lean. More agile to elude NHL checking.
Clague: I got beefier, better to handle big NHL forwards.
Wagner: Coach glued my hands to a stick so puck do gooder

(but really Wagner says endurance is up so that's great and he's got confidence back--so that's awesome to hear!)

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
JAD: I got faster, more lean. More agile to elude NHL checking.
Clague: I got beefier, better to handle big NHL forwards.
Wagner: Coach glued my hands to a stick so puck do gooder

(but really Wagner says endurance is up so that's great and he's got confidence back--so that's awesome to hear!)
Is Clague from Calgary area? i know JAD and Wagner are but why was clague here?

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
Wow, that is such a narrow take on the Kings' owners that is beyond what Philip Anschutz and Ed Roski does. He could have mentioned that Anschutz is the owner of AEG, which is the company that not only is a huge owner for the Kings, but partially owns the Lakers, who does concert promotions, who runs Coachella. who owns a butt-ton of famous arenas around the world like the O2 Arena in London and Staples Center in LA. Of course, this pandemic is hurting AEG a lot due to the lack of revenue on the fact that AEG cannot host these events because of the pandemic.

Boom. Those piece of information would have been nice to hear.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Four NHL teams exploring possibility of playing outdoor home games
upload_2020-12-3_10-32-32.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->