2020-21 New Goalie Equipment/Mask Sightings (No political discussion)

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
This is clean. Gorgeous

giphy.gif

Reactions: SI90

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Didn’t Khabibulin also have the same design as a Fiset mask?

Also Fiset’s igloo mask and Thibault’s howling wolf mask was a great mask tandem.

Yeah. Khabibulin had a similar sort of thing. More of a "Bulin Wall" sort of brick concept from what i recall...but functionally pretty similar.

I'd forgotten about Thibault's howling wolf mask, but that was indeed another great one, from a bygone era. Simpler times. Even his kinda weird Habs "pretzel" mask that i mostly associate him with, was pretty awesome in it's distinctiveness and recognizability.

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
Great mask, except that the "Kings" shouldn't curve towards the top...it needs to be a straight line towards the back of the mask.
It looks as if the top of the mask isn't entirely flat like usually. I think curving the wordmark really works nicely with the rounded top of the mask, playing off that shape.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Yeah. Khabibulin had a similar sort of thing. More of a "Bulin Wall" sort of brick concept from what i recall...but functionally pretty similar.

I'd forgotten about Thibault's howling wolf mask, but that was indeed another great one, from a bygone era. Simpler times. Even his kinda weird Habs "pretzel" mask that i mostly associate him with, was pretty awesome in it's distinctiveness and recognizability.

Yeah, Khabibulin's was a take on Pink Floyd's album cover from The Wall, but obviously looked very similar to Fiset's igloo mask.
R-1641988-1477980008-9935.jpeg.jpg

vd3p0gp488421.jpg

And those two Thibault masks were also fantastic. I think his Habs mask was probably the fist to do the mask-in-a-mask theme.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad