NBA 2020-21 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the play in game is dumb because it rewards bad teams with a second chance at making the playoffs

i understand it for this season because of teams potentially getting screwed by covid protocols, but keeping it beyond this year would be unnecessary and just flat out stupid

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
LeBron James is upset because he knows that matching or surpassing Jordan's 6 NBA Championships is necessary for anyone to view him as the GOAT.

Any less than 6 NBA Champions, he will forever be viewed as below Jordan in the eyes of the public and the media.

He isn't getting any younger (36 years old) and sees that the time to catch Jordan is slipping away.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
the play in game is dumb because it rewards bad teams with a second chance at making the playoffs

i understand it for this season because of teams potentially getting screwed by covid protocols, but keeping it beyond this year would be unnecessary and just flat out stupid
I think so too, but James has no one but himself and his teammates to blame if they don’t finish at least 6th.

Wonder how they determine Covid protocol in this league. Fox has to miss at least 2 weeks because he was exposed to someone with Covid, but they let Tyler Herro keep playing in a game against the Kings after he found out a roommate tested positive.

Guess cases are team by team...

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Curry is allowed to shove even big guys like Zion 6 feet back with his full strength before he shoots and it's not a foul. I can't take it seriously anymore.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Weird to see the Knicks actually building their team through the draft.

Going to suck when Dolan blows it all up this summer in a. failed attempt at landing a top free agent :naughty:

Luckily we don't need to blow anything up to have cap space this summer & next...

Rose & WWW should have enough clout to keep ownership off their backs, especially if the team is having success on the court, but yeah...*sigh* even though it seems like it would be easy to just pursue an RFA that can grow with the team & help bolster us against regression next season; someone like Lonzo / Trent Jr / Horton-Tucker. While waiting for 2022 to see if a) the Booker / Mitchell / Fox generation of stars starts looking for greener pastures, b) Lavine is going to re-sign with the Bulls, or c) the Cavs are ready to let Sexton go without wanting the moon for him. I'm still scared that this will all get Dolan'd.

So I'm just focused on enjoying watching Julius Randle make his case for a 2nd-team All-NBA spot, to go with the MIP that he has already locked up; Barrett taking this massive year-2-leap; Quickley hitting 3s from the logo every other game; Rose looking like vintage D.Rose off the bench; Obi coming in with the manic energy of a puppy who hasn't yet realized that he's only being let out for a couple of minutes; and the peak Thibs defense; as much as I can.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

The play-in is fun and has resulted in a lot more entertaining & meaningful basketball late in the season than normal. Plus it has demonstrably limited tanking, for people who make too big a deal out of that sort of thing. The play-in is here to stay unless LeBron can rally enough other stars for the PA to come out against it.

Sep 19, 2008
Stupid ass Kings are gonna get hot and finish 1 game behind the 10 spot. Watch.
They have the talent there

They just don't have a coach

Fire Walton and hire someone with better pedigree. I thinkt he Kings are close to making the playoffs they just need better leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad