NBA 2020-21 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Two weeks ago the Jazz broke a team record for 3s in a game at Charlotte. Last night against Charlotte they broke the 2 week old record.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I’m sure Fox doesn’t mind after calling the game stupid, but Chris Paul making the asg over him is incredibly embarrassing. League coaches obviously didn’t vote on stats or production and simply went on reputation.

Reactions: darko

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Incredibly dangerous play by Ben Simmons on Powell, but it's Powell who gets called for a foul. Simmons should have been ejected for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: yvrtojfk

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Incredibly dangerous play by Ben Simmons on Powell, but it's Powell who gets called for a foul. Unreal. Simmons should have been ejected for that.

How in the love of God can you even begin to justify calling a foul on Powell? Were the refs being bribed by Simmons or something?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
How in the love of God can you even begin to justify calling a foul on Powell? Were the refs being bribed by Simmons or something?
Powell got a technical for being mad there was no call on Simmons.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah, Nets are still a bit of a wild card to me. Theoretically, yeah, but something just seems off. They definitely have the highest upside but I could see them losing to a few teams before the finals.

I think the Heat miss Jae Crowder and DJJ for some wing matchups but expect they’ll probably look to add someone before the trade deadline.

Heat need help and I don't see them making a run this year unless they get it. Dragic hasn't been himself, wing depth is depleted, guards can't defend anyone (unless you count Butler as a guard then they have one guy), and they need a proper starting PF next to Bam.

I like Olynyk and his weird clumsy game but they need a Crowder type who can defend multiple positions. Nance would be great for them but he's hurt and the Cavs might keep him. At the start of the season I thought Tucker would be a good fit but he has been really bad. He still might be worth a flier though as he could improve with a better team and supporting cast.

Nets and Sixers look like the two best teams in the East right now.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Heat need help and I don't see them making a run this year unless they get it. Dragic hasn't been himself, wing depth is depleted, guards can't defend anyone (unless you count Butler as a guard then they have one guy), and they need a proper starting PF next to Bam.

I like Olynyk and his weird clumsy game but they need a Crowder type who can defend multiple positions. Nance would be great for them but he's hurt and the Cavs might keep him. At the start of the season I thought Tucker would be a good fit but he has been really bad. He still might be worth a flier though as he could improve with a better team and supporting cast.

Nets and Sixers look like the two best teams in the East right now.
I agree. I think Tucker would be a great pickup who won’t cost a fortune. I’ve always thought Mo Harkless was a good player and I guess I expected him to flourish in Miami.

I still have a hard time placing the Nets right now. They should win the conference but I also think they can be beat. Philadelphia doesn’t impress me all that much. Series tomorrow I’d bet Heat over Sixers. That’s my perspective as a Raptors fan.

Looking forward to tonight! Raps/Heat is almost always a dog fight!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I didn't realize till like my second or third time viewing it he missed the shot lol, but yeah what are you doing pressing for the win when you have an easy tie? It's like in football if you a pass up a 27-yard FG to try to win it on 4th and goal from the 10. Maybe they collectively pulled a JR Smith and thought they were down three?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad