Speculation: 2020-21 LA Kings News/Rumors/Roster Discussion Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Both Strand and Clague should get comfortable in El Segundo, they are being hidden in the minors. If either continued to improve and started playing lights out, it's great for the team but would make protection choices exponentially tougher. There probably would only be a small chance Seattle would grab one of them, but it's even lower if they stay in ONT. There is no rush on these guys.

Exactly. Management is not interested in simply icing the most talented lineup available to it for this season. We're in the crock pot here.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So again, you don't feel he should get 12ish minutes every few games. You want him gone. Next time just say that, instead of, you know, lying?

What are you talking about where did i lie. I was explaining why i want the guy gone. I never said anything different Your delusional thinking otherwise. I said he should be getting 12 mins a game once a week or so. He was getting played to much imo. He should never play back to back. Clague is a much better option. He is really bad defensively .[/QUOTE]

Again, you said he shouldn't get more than 12 mins a game every couple games, and you don't want him to get overplayed. But then you said you want him gone. You can't have it both ways, no matter how much you want to patronize me by asking "is that too difficult to understand?"

It's like saying you want no contact with your ex and say you want to be friends with benefits.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
What are you talking about where did i lie. I was explaining why i want the guy gone. I never said anything different Your delusional thinking otherwise. I said he should be getting 12 mins a game once a week or so. He was getting played to much imo. He should never play back to back. Clague is a much better option. He is really bad defensively .

Again, you said he shouldn't get more than 12 mins a game every couple games, and you don't want him to get overplayed. But then you said you want him gone. You can't have it both ways, no matter how much you want to patronize me by asking "is that too difficult to understand?"

It's like saying you want no contact with your ex and say you want to be friends with benefits.[/QUOTE]

This is not lying or do u not know what lying is? Excusing me of talking out of two side of my mouth is pretty patronizing as well lets not act as if i started this bs Again it pretty simple i was only saying how i would be ok with him playing You cant understand it let it go or ask don't excuse me of talking out of two side of my mouth. I suggest if u don't like what i say ignore me or say what u need to without making it personal. You have the right to disagree with me however you have no right to accuse me of lying and talking out of 2 side of my mouth that is personal and i will not stand for it.

verbalkint47

Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
You're a romantic. The Kings can have a big "Thank you Jonathan Quick" night when his new team plays in LA and there are fans in the stands. Should be sometime in 2023.
You could be right but both Quick and Brown will be 37/38 at the end of their contracts. They've made plenty of money and won 2 cups. Will they want to play beyond that? Who knows..
Both are still solid contributors and we don't need cap space. I don't see any reason for Blake to run Quick out of town. The only reason to move him is if both T-Mac and Blake think Petersen is ready for 50-60 starts but Quick still wants to start. Quick has earned that right imo and maybe a team like Buffalo or Seattle or even Carolina would give him a shot. You only move Quick if he wants out. He's perfectly fine as an expensive backup/1B for the next 2.5 years imo.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
You could be right but both Quick and Brown will be 37/38 at the end of their contracts. They've made plenty of money and won 2 cups. Will they want to play beyond that? Who knows..
Both are still solid contributors and we don't need cap space. I don't see any reason for Blake to run Quick out of town. The only reason to move him is if both T-Mac and Blake think Petersen is ready for 50-60 starts but Quick still wants to start. Quick has earned that right imo and maybe a team like Buffalo or Seattle or even Carolina would give him a shot. You only move Quick if he wants out. He's perfectly fine as an expensive backup/1B for the next 2.5 years imo.
Well said and add mentor to expensive backup

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
I'd love to draft Wallstedt if we miss out on one of the defensemen. Quick -> Petersen -> Wallstedt.
If LA isn't in the top 7ish range, where there are a plethora of top tier defensemen, you would think LA would look at filling their hole in goaltending. Parik is decent, but Wallstedt is elite, and its only fitting that we have a goalie with a dope name follow quick's footsteps.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I am ok with moving Quick now, if the return is good. I think Quick is the best money goalie over the last ten years in the NHL. Problem is the Kings haven't played for money is several seasons.

The 2023 reference is when fans will be allowed back in the stands at Staples Center.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I am okay with trading Quick if there is a plan to also acquire a veteran goalie. If Petterson gets injured, the team will plummet. It doesn’t matter if we make the playoffs, but it will suck to see the team simply crash and burn at the end of the season because we don’t have a capable backup. This season isn’t about tanking but having the team push for the playoffs for development and team building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad