Speculation: 2020-21 LA Kings News/Rumors/Roster Discussion Part V

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Kings' started by kingsboy11, Mar 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. All The Kings Men Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I wonder if Luff and Frk have anything in common.

LAKings88 likes this.
  2. unicornpig Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Id part with kempe if Sandin or Robertson came back

apadilla and KINGS17 like this.
  3. apocalypse 5th line center

SB Cash:
    $ 10,000
    If vilardi is sent down, would he have to clear waivers?

4. ScoreZeGoals Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    If he did, he wouldn't be sent down

TruKingFan likes this.
  5. Statto Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I don’t think so. He has less than 5 years pro experience and fewer than 80 games played (not sure if they reduced the number due to the shorter seasons, but he’d still be well under).

Note: I’m assuming it’s 80 games because he’s 21, but if he were 20 he’d have to of played 160 games - I’m not sure if there is an age cut off to set eligibility rules for the season or if literally changes on the players 21st birthday (and can’t be bothered looking) but I do know Vilardi turned 21 in August.

It’s ludicrous the stick he’s getting after a grand total of 47 career games and a whole bunch of games missed due to injury over the last few years. Probably the same people that were saying he’d never step onto NHL ice. I’m not saying I don’t want to see more from him but the refusal from some to recognise the context of where he’s at is ludicrous, almost to the point of trolling.

I’m fine with sending him down to play big minutes and work on his conditioning further. I’m also fine with him staying up, if a break is all he needs, but he needs to get decent ice time. Long term he’s going to be an important piece it’s just a case of if it’s at Center or Wing.

6. Statto Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    The frustration with Kempe being streaky is a little harsh. Most middle 6 players are streaky, which is why they are middle 6 guys. The problem is that our secondary scoring is mostly Kempe (and now JAD) so if no one else contributes it stands out. If the rest scored more often it would be less of an issue but people seem to enjoy poking at Kempe. AA, Brown and AI are also streaky and then there is Carter being MIA and Vilardi’s struggles.

Kempe is playing well and even when not scoring is a threat. It’s been a decent season from him, especially given the lack of scoring from the other guys around him.

Ghetty Green, kenito7, Oof and 4 others like this.
  7. redcard System Poster

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I'm guessing you can't "conditioning stint" to the taxi squad. Only waiver exempt forwards up are JAD and Vilardi, with Toby day-to-day we're carrying 8 D so Durzi can be available to play if we lose a guy pregame.

Don't have a spot for Luff, guys like Andersson and Kupari and Byfield are scoring in Ontario and could reasonably be brought up and rotated in, we're at 49/50 SPCs....

All adds up to having a hard time fitting Frk in. Hopefully, he clears and can can hang out on the taxi squad or get some games in Ontario til he's ready to work into the line-up.

8. Statto Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I agree they won’t all be filled next year, but they don’t need to be. It’s a gradual process and change happens in increments not by making half a dozen trades in one go. He will make one maybe two trades, which are not necessarily massive moves, let the guys continue to develop and assess the impact of the trades that occurred. Then the next move or two is made and you reassess... rinse, repeat.

apocalypse likes this.
  9. Albi Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Palmieri and Zajac headed for Long Island will put an end to the Brown to the Isles rumor

LT Dan likes this.
  10. KingsFan7824 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Home Page:
    It doesn't matter if anyone does or does not want to keep Kopitar, he's not going anywhere. Age, contract, clauses, his comfort here, not chasing anything, he's not going anywhere. It doesn't matter if the Kings waste his time. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks he might be worth. Unless he expressly asks out, which he hasn't come close to doing, at least publicly, he's not going anywhere.

Is anyone really talking about Muzzin? Every asset gotten for an aging player isn't great? OMG! Better trade Kopitar for some great treasure then, because that'll happen for some reason.

If Brown was a UFA this year, then listen to rumors. Since he has another year left, and will be 37 in Nov, he's not going anywhere.

Follow The Reaper and BigKing like this.
  11. Schrute farms beets Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Agree 100%. I don't understand some of the anti-Kempe talk. A couple years ago maybe. But he's really improved year after year. Especially so in his overall game -- he's not useless on his down streaky times like some similar type players are. Unless he's traded for something we are missing (good young LHD with size), i see no need to trade him. We will need him when the youth all arrive. We can't have everyone in the organization 17-20 years old.
    Plus, do we really even need yet another 20-30 range 1st round pick? We'd basically be picking a guy who we hope will one day turn into Kempe.

12. Bandit HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Frk cleared. No surprise really.

Schrute farms beets and lumbergh like this.
  13. DoktorJeep Leader of the pack

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    A package of Iafallo and Kempe is an off brand version of Schenn and Simmonds. I think you could get a guy like Jake Slavin for that and maybe a later pick. That would check the box for LHD needs, but would drop a lot of goals off this roster next year. Maybe that can be filled by prospects and ufas like Saad and Foligno.

14. kovacro Uvijek Vjerni

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Master of the Custodial Arts
    Your not getting Slavin for that. He's such an underrated defenseman because he plays for the Canes'

Ghetty Green, Oof and LT Dan like this.
  15. Johnny Utah Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I think Frk and Luff could come back if some players are traded.

16. Mats26 Youth Movement

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Agreed, Nobody is getting claimed, especially Frk who hasn't played and has another year on his contract.

KingsCourt likes this.
  17. bouncesonly Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Do player contracts have to be approved by the NHLPA? Let's say when McDavid was signing his contract, he represented himself and went full dumb-dumb by agreeing to the league minimum for 7 years....would that go through or does the NHLPA step in and say "lol no."

18. kingsholygrail Nani! Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Product Support
    I don't know if the NHLPA has to approve the contracts, but the NHL would absolutely investigate that kind of deal. Other GMs would likely baulk at McDavid getting peanuts and accuse the org of being shady basically. Like, what is McDavid getting under the table?

bouncesonly likes this.
  19. unicornpig Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    pearson's contract is a good blueprint for iaffalo if he chooses to re-sign.

verbalkint47 and LAKings88 like this.
  20. kovacro Uvijek Vjerni

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Master of the Custodial Arts
    FWIW, Just got an alert on my The Score app that the Kings are taking calls on Iafallo but are looking to sign him prior to the trade deadline.

21. Crownroyal21 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    We don’t need anymore draft picks. Resign him. Where are all these kids gonna play? There is to many of them.

22. apadilla Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Adding Amirov to the short list I'd accept.

23. apadilla Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    He could be asking for 5 X 5. Anything over 4M per over whatever number of years is a bit too much.

24. KingTech Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    We don't need any forwards we have to many coming already. Any prospect coming back should be a nhl ready lefthanded defenseman with size. I would also consider a above average goalie prospect ( i dont see one in Toronto however)

Ghetty Green likes this.
  25. apadilla Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Hoping for a deal with Vegas receiving big physical right defender Kaedan Korczak, who was a 2nd rounder from 2019. Not a points producer, but a big guy.

Kaedan Korczak | Kaedan Korczak Profile | Kaedan Korczak Scouting Report 2019

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.