Burbank, CA
But bukkake isn't English.

upload_2021-4-7_9-31-8.png

It's a borrowed word.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Wouldn’t be surprised to learn that Frk didn’t work out hard enough in the extended offseason and came to camp out of shape. He’s been out with a groin injury so core fitness might be in question. Maybe the waivers move is sending a message to the player.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Weird....seemed a few months ago, Vilardi and Frk would be playing as linemates on line 2 or 3....but NOT with the Reign, which it may end up being.

The Kings had better have a resolution for line 2, and it had better not be Carter, AA and Kempe.

Reactions: Lt Dan

justonetime

Mar 13, 2009
Todd said the other night Frk wasn't ready to play. So if he's healthy I guess that leaves conditioning.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
He's played what? 1.5 games in over a year? Seems reasonable to think they're sending him down to get games. Feels unlikely he would get claimed, but not like the remainder of our season hinges on him and I doubt he'll be back so...

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
He's played what? 1.5 games in over a year? Seems reasonable to think they're sending him down to get games. Feels unlikely he would get claimed, but not like the remainder of our season hinges on him and I doubt he'll be back so...
Todd said the other night Frk wasn't ready to play. So if he's healthy I guess that leaves conditioning.
He needs to play some games. Simple as that.

I am the first admit that I am a dumbass. or should I just say
tenor.gif

but why not send him down on a conditioning assignment where he doesn't need to clear waivers?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I am the first admit that I am a dumbass. or should I just say
tenor.gif

but why not send him down on a conditioning assignment where he doesn't need to clear waivers?

when a player is on conditioning do they still take up a roster spot?

I wonder if Boston takes him...seems like a fit there.

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
Wouldn’t be surprised to learn that Frk didn’t work out hard enough in the extended offseason and came to camp out of shape. He’s been out with a groin injury so core fitness might be in question. Maybe the waivers move is sending a message to the player.
Nah, this quote is from a few days ago.

“He needs a lot of practice time, it’s been a long, long road back for him,” McLellan said. “I give him credit for working hard, I think I mentioned that the other day on the call, but with that being said, he needs some practice time and getting that is hard. Because of all the games we play, we’re so short when it comes to actual practice, that he’s going to work hard to get himself back to where he needs to be.”

Reactions: dick341

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
CBA said:
13.8 Conditioning Loan.

Unless a Player consents, he shall not be Loaned on a Conditioning Loan to a minor league club. Such Conditioning Loan shall not extend for more than fourteen (14) consecutive days. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to investigate the circumstances under which a Player is Loaned on a Conditioning Loan. If the Commissioner has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Conditioning Loan to evade Waivers, or otherwise Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take such disciplinary action against the Club, as he deems appropriate. The Player shall continue, during the period of such Conditioning Loan, to receive the same Paragraph 1 NHL Salary, and be entitled to the same benefits, that he would have received had he continued to play with the Club.

13.9 Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan.

A Player who is on the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception as set forth in Article 50 may, with his consent, during the term of such Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception (but in no event during the first fourteen (14) calendar days and six (6) NHL Games), be Loaned on a Conditioning Loan (the "Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan") for a period not to exceed up to the longer of six (6) days and three (3) games, solely for the purpose of determining whether the Player is fit to play. If the Club determines that it needs more time to assess the Player's fitness to play, the Club may file a written request with the Commissioner's Office, with a copy to the NHLPA, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof, to extend the Loan for an additional two (2) games. The Commissioner, upon good cause, may approve the one-time extension. The Commissioner's approval shall not be unreasonably withheld. A Player on a Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan will continue to be listed on Injured Reserve and will not count against the Club's 23-man roster limit. The Club's Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception will continue until the Conditioning Loan ends, and his Paragraph 1 NHL Salary and Bonuses will continue to count against the Club's Upper Limit and the Players' Share during such time. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to investigate the circumstances under which a Player is placed on a Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Conditioning Loan. If he has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Conditioning Loan to evade Waivers or otherwise to Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take other disciplinary action against the Club as he deems appropriate. A Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Conditioning Loan may be extended on one occasion. This procedure can only be used once during each period of time that the Player is on a Bona Fide Long-Term Injury Exception.

So they coulda sent him down and had him still be on IR.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
I mean, Vilardi needs a break to ponder his life, but I would also like to see Carter on the pine. Could easily plug Lias in there and lost absolutely nothing and probably gain something.

I have been liking the idea of Gabe watching a game or two from the press box, could do him some good, I think. Carter needs to be benched too.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Is there really any risk of a team claiming Frk? He's a guy with limited proven NHL results, coming off an injury, not in game shape and during the CV period with down financial times for teams. I honeslty don't know this answer. But from my virgin eyes, it seems like the Kings FO felt pretty sure that he'd clear waivers and he'd be sent to Ontario to rehab himself into game shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad