Speculation: 2020-21 LA Kings News/Rumors/Roster Discussion Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
very very good point.
If this did theoretically happen, we would need to get another goalie back for depth

Anyone: Does exposing Grosenick count as exposing a goalie if we protect Cal Worthington?

He's UFA, so needs to be re-signed (hardly an issue I'm sure he'd accept a 1 year extension even at league minimum). But yes, he's been on the roster and played in a game. I don't see any games played requirement for goalies like there are for skaters

• One available player must be a defenseman who is under contract in 2021-22 and played at least 40 NHL games in 2020-21 or 70 games in ’19-20 and ’20-21 combined.
  • Two available players must be forwards who are under contract in 2021-22 and played at least 40 NHL games in 2020-21 or 70 games in ’19-20 and ’20-21 combined.
  • One available player must be a goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or who is a restricted free agent having received a qualifying offer from his team.
  • Players who missed the final 60 games of the ’20-21 season or who have otherwise been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury cannot be exposed in the draft without league approval.
I don't see why he wouldn't qualify if he's extended. For that matter, I don't see why we couldn't sign JF Berube to a 1 year NHL deal and have him count.

All that said, no interest in trading Quick for me unless we are clearly out of it by the time the trade deadline rolls around.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I dont get the Macdermid hate.
For me its playing a guy more mins then he should. He has no business playing more then the odd game and no more then 12 mins a game. Its the Dwight King sysdome playing more and out of place of where he should be playing.

Reactions: YP44

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
For me its playing a guy more mins then he should. He has no business playing more then the odd game and no more then 12 mins a game. Its the Dwight King sysdome playing more and out of place of where he should be playing.

Thats also fair, but its hardly his fault.

Reactions: KingTech

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I think advanced stats give us insight, but out of the 4 major sports, the analytics in hockey are the least valuable. They work much better in baseball, football and basketball IMO.

I remember when Martinez was traded to Vegas and the analytics guys ripped on VGK for giving up so much for a guy with sub par advanced stats. But Amart ended up playing great for them.

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I just find it hard to see a team wanting to take on Quick with 2 more years on that contract. Would be weird to see him in another jersey.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008

If you can’t play more than 12 mins a game then there a is problem. That basically requires your top pairing to be at close to 28-30 mins if so. Math just doesn’t work on D to shelter someone that much.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
If you can’t play more than 12 mins a game then there a is problem. That basically requires your top pairing to be at close to 28-30 mins if so. Math just doesn’t work on D to shelter someone that much.
which is part of the problem with playing Mac more then once a week It add mins and stress other defenseman.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Amadio down MacDermid next please hockey gods

So think he should get 12 minutes the occasional game, but want him sent down to the AHL and he can't go away fast enough, as you plea to the hockey gods?

Sounds like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I have no issue with MacD as the 7th defenseman. He's not breaking the bank and is a good teammate from all the reports I've seen. The Kings need a tough, physical guy on the team, someone that will prevent other teams from taking too many liberties. Most of the team is young and doesn't have that edge.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
I dont get the Macdermid hate.

Meh. Just being a smartass. Just seems like these boards needs someone to rip on all the time.

I'm all onboard when someone gets called out when they make a bad play, but sometimes it gets to a point where people are dogging a guy for no reason. One game Amadio got healthy scratched and still got called out for sucking in a game he didn't even play in.

I am by no means defending Amadio, Carter, Wagner, MacDermid, etc, but some of it really is over the top.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
So think he should get 12 minutes the occasional game, but want him sent down to the AHL and he can't go away fast enough, as you plea to the hockey gods?

Sounds like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.
Nice twist of my words. I am saying i want him gone yes cause without him here my worry of him playing to much disappears with him. However I would not have this worry if he didn't get over played. I was also explaining why i dislike him and part of that explanation is hes over played. Is that to complicated for u to understand.

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008
This is me asking out of ignorance- would we be able to expose Grosenick with this tenure in the NHL and AHL?
Grosenick on one year deal, so can’t expose to expansion draft
Parik
Inghram
Villalta
Hrenak
Koehler are in the system but are either ELC or no NHL deal (I think) so I don’t know if any can be the exposed goalie.
Any deal for Quick , I think, would have to include an expansion eligible goalie coming back.
I might be wrong ( I usually am) hope someone can let us know

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
MacD needs to stay on the NHL roster as an insurance policy for expansion draft exposure. If you lose him on waivers you're down to just Maatta, and you have to hope he doesn't get a bad injury and go on LTIR, or else you'll have to expose someone like Roy or Walker. Plus I'm sure they like having an "enforcer" 7th D or whatever that they can plug in to stage fights with his old roommate.

It's not ideal but I get the logic behind it. Rosters expand in a month.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Nice twist of my words. I am saying i want him gone yes cause without him here my worry of him playing to much disappears with him. However I would not have this worry if he didn't get over played. I was also explaining why i dislike him and part of that explanation is hes over played. Is that to complicated for u to understand.

He's 7th among Kings blueliners in TOI/Gm, at 14 minutes. He's played 16/28 games. Not too far from how you feel he should be utilized.

You want him gone. It's cool. Just don't pretend you don't have an irrational dislike for him.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Suppose it’s too much to hope that someone actually claims Amadio? Otherwise there’s still a chance...
There's always a chance! Just ask Lloyd Christmas

hqdefault.jpg

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
He's 7th among Kings blueliners in TOI/Gm, at 14 minutes. He's played 16/28 games. Not too far from how you feel he should be utilized.

You want him gone. It's cool. Just don't pretend you don't have an irrational dislike for him.
Its not irrational to dislike him. Hes horrible in his own zone. Bad breakout passes, gets burned, loses his coverage, surprisingly soft in front of his own net for a big man thats supposed to be an enforcer. I think theres a better case at saying you have an irrational love for him. You love that Deslaurier fight maybe? What has he done on the ice that makes you think yea this guy is great hes better than clague.
I dont even hate macdermaid and like him as a 7th dman. But dont be mean to people that see how much of a liability he is.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Wait I don't see it anywhere where the King's waived Amadios? Please tell me it's true!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad