Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Thanks!! It was the closest margin of victory in any pool yet during these 5 years!

I am going to see how the summer transpires with carrying this on if people still want to do another year. I know I said I didnt think I would have time but lets see how things are at the end of August.

Reactions: hi

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Hey guys, things have settled down somewhat for me and what I thought would be an entire summers worth of work is pretty manageable right now.

SO, I will be continuing to run this crazy thing.

Draft will be in late September or early October. I am currently updating salaries in the Rosters.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Hey guys, things have settled down somewhat for me and what I thought would be an entire summers worth of work is pretty manageable right now.

SO, I will be continuing to run this crazy thing.

Draft will be in late September or early October. I am currently updating salaries in the Rosters.

Happy to hear that we can keep this great league going. Thank you

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
If anyone new would like Columbus I'm totally willing to give them up, would like to keep Carolina though.

We look poised for a good run this year with ore growth from our top young guys

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
All the rosters are updated, just need to add update the spreadsheet and then the cap hits.

Going to go with 35 players, $75M floor, $105M ceiling.

Big update coming in a few days so watch this space!

Reactions: hi

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
BIG UPDATE - I am going to get this thread closed off and start a new 2021-22 Season Thread and repost this in there, so this should be the last post in this thread!

OK so all teams on the Roster page are now updated with:

1. Number of Players and roster requirements to hit roster minimums in brackets (14F, 8D, 3G)
2. Salary Cap (if you need to hit the cap floor of $75M it will show here)
3. Cap Remaining (if the number is in brackets that is the amount your team is over by)
4. How many UFA and RFA your team still has.
5. Draft Picks and number of players you have to drop if you want to use all available draft picks in brackets (it will say Over by 2, Over by 1, etc)
6. Free Agents are reset to 4 (cannot sign Free Agents until the start of the season)
7. How many years each player is signed for.
8. UFA and RFA players are identified.

Salary Cap Rules - (Cap Friendly is the source for all cap numbers)
Cap Max is $105 M
Cap Min is $75 M

1. Can be over the cap until the day before Draft Day.
2. The day before Draft Day you must be under the cap. This gives other teams a chance to draft players you might have dropped.
3. You can be under the cap floor until the day before the start of the season.
4. Roster minimum is 25 players, you must be roster compliant the day before the start of the season.
5. Roster maximum is 35 players, you can never exceed this number.
6. Once the season starts, if you drop a player, that players salary counts for half until the end of the season.
7. You can drop as many players as you like penalty free in the off season.
8. Any UFA player on your roster is auto-dropped the day the season starts and is ineligible to be taken as a free agent until signed an NHL contract.
9. Any RFA player on your roster remains so until signed as an NHL team has his rights.
10. If an RFA player or a player with a 0 dollar value (no NHL contract) signs a contract and that puts you over the cap, that player is auto-dropped. So make sure you leave room on your cap for unsigned players!
11. You must have the roster spots open to make all of your available draft selections.
12. If you have too many picks for the number of roster spots you have open prior to the draft, then you are over, and your picks are auto dropped from lowest to highest before the draft begins. Once dropped these picks are ineligible to be traded and are lost.
13. You do not have to draft any players if you choose not to however once the draft starts you cannot drop players for the purposes of opening draft spots. This is to prevent hoarding players and allows other players to draft players you may have dropped to open up roster spots for drafted players.

Remember, your roster can be anywhere between 25 and 35 players. So long as you have the roster minimums, are not over the maximum and are cap compliant you are good.

@m0pe Chicago is over the cap by nearly $52 million and Buffalo is at their roster max of 35 players but they have 9 draft picks....meaning they would need to drop 9 players before the draft to use all the picks.... you have a bit of work to do!

Reactions: hockeynorth and hi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad