GDT: 2020-21 game 21 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @7:00pm 3/3/21

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
How is that majority of posters on here and Stoll on Fox can notice Amadio's lackluster play, yet McClellan still plays him regularly

Almost 100% of ALL bottom 6 players in the NHL have one or more of these traits:
1. energy 2. speed 3. grit 4. tenacity 5. toughness 6. above average defensively 7. size 8. character / commensurate team player.
Amadio is the only bottom 6 player in the NHL that has ZERO of these traits.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I feel that's what happens when you have guys coming in and out of the lineup. They're prone to making more mistakes. This team might just turn out to be really streaky.

Maatta is a veteran at this stage and has done it all season. Sure, he's new to system and we didn't get a whole lot of pre-season, but he's not new to playing on the back end and making the first pass to break out of his own zone.

I would buy your excuse more if you mentioned it was because of all the youngin's in the lineup.

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
At this point I can only echo @LT Dan and scream ¡¡¡Amaaaaaadiooooooooos!!! at the top of my lungs every game.

My favorite one I came up with....the standard goalie taunting chant you used to hear, like 'Ver-non...Ver-non...(whoever the opposing goalie was on said night)...
We were playing the Sabres and Tom Barrasso was goalie. Were lighting him up and was time to do the taunt and I could not help myself:::: "Barrasshole...Barrasshole"

Reactions: Steve Zissou

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
tenor.gif
Shouldn't Marchant be impeached for that?

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
nobody's saying that

you just can't have a $10M man quitting on the game like that though, he HAS to be the best on the ice and that means more than just winning the faceoff and deferring
Bullshit. Kopitar played well all night. Numerous great passes to Doughty and he nearly scored himself save for Raanta's great play. At least you didn't blame Fox and Faust.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Almost the worst possible night. Minnesota having to play Vegas was the only bright spot.

8 of the next 10 games, and 10 of the next 14, are against the Blues, Avs, and Knights. They also have the Ducks and Sharks. They've already lost to the Ducks, and 1-0-1 against SJ.

5th in pts%. 6th in total points. Might be make or break in the next week.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
Almost the worst possible night. Minnesota having to play Vegas was the only bright spot.

8 of the next 10 games, and 10 of the next 14, are against the Blues, Avs, and Knights. They also have the Ducks and Sharks. They've already lost to the Ducks, and 1-0-1 against SJ.

Yeah tough road ahead

But, we were beyond beat up when we played the ducks last time. I want to see what we can do against then with a healthy team

chris05

May 23, 2013
Can we try some skilled guys with Kopitar permanently!

77 & 22 would be my suggestion. Way to many missed opportunities on moving the puck to the right guy at the right time.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

Just a heads up for everyone it might get ugly so brace ourselves. Hopefully they'll surprise us. But yeah it might not look good for this stretch of games. Hopefully JAD can come back soon.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Frustrating game, but Raanta stole it for the Coyotes, plain and simple. That hasn’t happened a ton this season, so perhaps it feels new and terrible to some of us. The Kopi’s and Doughty’s did everything they could.

Its not all on Maatta and Amadio, but there’s a reason they played 14 and 9.5 minutes respectively, and folks are still wondering why they are getting so much ice time. Way to many visible mistakes last night with the puck from those two.

JAD can’t get back soon enough. I cant express how bored I am the second Lizzotte or Amadio are on the ice. Nothing good will happen, so I’m basically praying for a non event shift. Hard to win many games with them taking up half our C slots.

Last edited:

J Smoove

Oct 8, 2015
Athanasiou and Vilardi were killer last night. Can't say the same about Carter. He's alergic to the center of the ice it seems. I don't remember the last time he's had a grade A scoring chance. I would like to see Kempe or Grundstrom on that line instead, someone that can forecheck and dig pucks out for AA and Vilardi.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Frustrating game, but Raanta stole it for the Coyotes, plain and simple. That hasn’t happened a ton this season, so perhaps it feels new and terrible to some of us. The Kopi’s and Doughty’s did everything they could.

Its not all on Maatta and Amadio, but there’s a reason they played 14 and 9.5 minutes respectively, and folks are still wondering why they are getting so much ice time. Way to many visible mistakes last night with the puck from those two.

JAD can’t get back soon enough. I cant express how bored I am the second Lizzotte or Amadio are on the ice. Nothing good will happen, so I’m basically praying for a non event shift. Hard to win many games with them taking up half our C slots.
The offense looked a lot better with JAD and Lias centering the bottom six. They were rolling four lines like we havent seen in years and matchups didnt seem to matter in those couple games. I like Lizotte but he doesnt do much besides hustle. The best he ever played was between Kempe and Wagner. Id give him a shot between those two and if he cant produce or make an impact he shouldnt be be a fixture in the lineup.
The only games Maatta looked good was when playing with Strand.

Reactions: Steve Zissou

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Yeah tough road ahead

But, we were beyond beat up when we played the ducks last time. I want to see what we can do against then with a healthy team

The Kings also caught some good fortune during that streak in that they were playing some teams that were down players. It seems like it's hard to get matchups where every team is healthy this year. Either the Kings are down guys or the other way around. I'd like to see them play some games where both squads have their top lines so we can see how they stack up for a stretch.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
You can't tell me Amadi is better than Lias Andersson at this point........that's just sad.

Players like Amadio, Luff and even Lizotte will be pushed out by 21-22, I'm thinking. JAD is taking one of them, as soon as he returns. He's proven he's ready. I think he's better than Lizotte NOW.

A few of these will be hungry, ready and capable of taking spots. Some of these may be ready to take spots, 21-22: Turcotte and Kupari. POSSIBILITIES: Byfield, Madden, Kaliyev, Thomas, Fagemo. But JAD, Turcotte and Kupari should have spots. Andersson may arise, hopefully. Is Frk signed beyond this year?

Reactions: tbrown33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->