14. Rubtsov, German - 41%
15. Kase, David - 35%
16. Desnoyers, Elliot - 42%
17. Bunnaman, Connor - 43%
18. McClennon, Connor - 23%
19. Wylie, Wyatte - 43%

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Twarynski, Wisdom, Sushko, Attard, St Ivany, Lycksell are the ones left I'd consider legitimate prospects.
The others would have to make a big jump this year to deserve consideration.

Twarynski made the team at 22, while he wasn't ready, he didn't embarrass himself, though he showed he wasn't comfortable at RW. He'll probably be on the taxi squad this season, and push for 4LW in 2021-22.

Wisdom is a great story, but who knows? 29 goals at age 17 is a good sign for a bottom six guy, but hard to gauge improvement if he can't play. Probably more upside than the others.

Sushko played OK for LHV, but CFrel -3.98, HDCFrel -1.29, compare to Twarynski +5.66, +3.99, and his 3 points in 28 KHL games doesn't shout big improvement, though Appleyard likes him. I see him with a full KHL season at 21, another AHL season at 22, then pushing for a 4th line spot in 2022-23. Faster but hasn't shown the goal scoring touch of Twarynski.

Attard is a big RHD with a good shot, but can he play defense well enough to have a shot at a 3RHD spot?

St Ivany made a good move transferring, he has the size, RHD, but at 21 needs to take a step up before going pro. See a couple years at LHV in his future, there's always a spot in the NHL for big RHDs who may lack speed but are smart and use good positioning.

Lycksell is still only 21, but hasn't broken out in the SHL. Since he's probably not projected as a 4th liner given his lack of size, needs to show more scoring prowess to have a shot.

I'd go Wisdom on upside, Attard, St Ivany, Twarynski, Sushko, Lycksell.
The two RHDs get an edge based on the scarcity of full sized RHDs.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
St. Ivany.

He's 13th on my list. Right-handed, big, a good skill level, and smart. Questionable foot speed could be his fatal flaw. Top scoring defenseman on his college team both years. I think it's worth gambling on a premium position player over forwards that mostly top out as replacement level 4th line wingers in this case.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
St. Ivany.

He's 13th on my list. Right-handed, big, a good skill level, and smart. Questionable foot speed could be his fatal flaw. Top scoring defenseman on his college team both years. I think it's worth gambling on a premium position player over forwards that mostly top out as replacement level 4th line wingers in this case.

My next pick but went with Wisdom this round. I think his likelihood of actually playing in the NHL, even though it's likely just as a role-player, is higher.

Reactions: pit and Stizzle

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
St. Ivany.

My efforts to vote for Lycksell have been fruitless and I don’t care to spend time lobbying for him. I like JSI better than Wylie so I am hopping on this train so they are ranked closely.
Sushko, Lycksell, JSI, and Wisdom are the only people I care enough about to vote for

sorry @Appleyard stay strong

torkad frukt

Mar 8, 2013
Ginning and Lycksell are the only two prospects left that I have seen a couple of times play for Färjestad in SHL. This season Ginning started off by either being scratched or getting low icetime minutes, but this has increased as the season has progressed, and I must say he doesn't look that out of place anymore compared to the beginning of the season. I watched the last game against Djurgården and even the commentators was giving him praise, scored a beuty of a goal even though it was more players than him involved.
Lycksell looks strong on the puck in the corners, twisting and turning, you can tell that there is potential there but he hasn't reached that next step yet.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Didn't Ginning have higher stock last year, or was that a minority arguing vigorously for him?
Ginning needed to have a big developmental year last year and he didn't. He has some of the tools to be an NHL Dman but it takes a full toolbox. I liked his competitiveness, physicality, decent skating, willingness to join the attach - and of course, viciousness with a crosscheck, but I haven't seen him since the WJC so I can't speak to the rest of his game. :)

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Ginning needed to have a big developmental year last year and he didn't. He has some of the tools to be an NHL Dman but it takes a full toolbox. I liked his competitiveness, physicality, decent skating, willingness to join the attach - and of course, viciousness with a crosscheck, but I haven't seen him since the WJC so I can't speak to the rest of his game. :)
Hagg laughs at this.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Been voting Sushko for a while now but it appears that I might be wrong.
On the Wisdeom train now, really rooting for this kid to make it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Brandon Manning echoes this sentiment

What do you mean? Brandon MandDog Meatshield Manning did have a full toolbox.

51af1b7b-4ce0-47d3-8ff6-8e020c810763_1.7a994253d6e10b6579e6d616196b811c.jpeg

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Been voting Sushko for a while now but it appears that I might be wrong.
On the Wisdeom train now, really rooting for this kid to make it.
You are not wrong. Sushko will beat him to the NHL by a couple years, though. I hope Wisdom makes it too, someday.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
I’m curious who ends up #30. Strome or Laberge?
If I'm counting correctly there are 32 names. Is there someone you are convinced is much worse than those two who will be #32?

Might be an interesting experiment for next year to do this in reverse order. Give 32 names, and ask who is #30, then who is #29, etc. After ten or so picks it might be obvious who the two "extra" guys are going to be, or maybe not. Maybe too many people vote the absolute worst players into the bottom slots and you end up with a guy who should be middle of the pack getting left out due to a lack of consensus in the beginning. It would be funny to have a poll for #1 where the three name left to vote for are Frost, Strome and Laberge.

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
If I'm counting correctly there are 32 names. Is there someone you are convinced is much worse than those two who will be #32?

Might be an interesting experiment for next year to do this in reverse order. Give 32 names, and ask who is #30, then who is #29, etc. After ten or so picks it might be obvious who the two "extra" guys are going to be, or maybe not. Maybe too many people vote the absolute worst players into the bottom slots and you end up with a guy who should be middle of the pack getting left out due to a lack of consensus in the beginning. It would be funny to have a poll for #1 where the three name left to vote for are Frost, Strome and Laberge.

oh my bad, I saw it was the top 30 list and assumed it was 30 names. Didn’t bother to count

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad