12. O'Brien' Jay - 52% RUNOFF
13. Hogberg, Linus - 32%
14. Rubtsov, German - 41%

Prospect Info: - 2020-21 Flyers Prospects - Top 30 SKATERS, #14

Last edited:

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Where did Aube-Kubel get ranked in the previous two rankings before this one? I think I’m getting the sense from what some are saying on here that Kase might be a similar “riser”

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Getting tougher, I'm gonna go with Desnoyers b/c he's showing offensive chops that weren't expected (his output was expected to improve in Halifax, but not to the degree that he's the best offensive player on that team right now and one of the best in the Q at 18), and as a bottom six player in juniors for a couple seasons, he's ahead of the curve on defense, forechecking, PK, etc. So while he's not an uber-talent, he's becoming a solid two way prospect.

Kase is having a breakout season, but it's the Czech league and he's already 23. If he was 20-21, this would be exciting, but at 23 it's more like he's staying healthy and playing up to expectations, not exceeding them. His play at center is a plus because it makes him more versatile.

Bunnaman deserves consideration b/c he's already shown he's a NHL caliber 4th liner, but until he shows more consistent offensive chops, that's also his ceiling right now.

Wylie deserves consideration as well, he's steadily improved each year and had a really good overage season, but that's the problem, with overage performance, is it growth or just being more physically mature than your peers? Which is why it's so important for him to get to play in the AHL this season.

Wisdom is hard to place because he isn't playing so we can't gauge any post-draft growth. Don't know if you put him behind or ahead of the other bottom six types.

Bringing up the rear are Sushko and Twarynski, as much as Appleyard likes Sushko, I still want to see some offensive production, while Twarynski has NHL experience and was solid on the Phantoms last season, so I'd give him the edge right now. Both are legitimate 4th line prospects, behind Bunnaman but with the same issues.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Lol. There’s a vote for Ginning!

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I had Kase in a group with Ruby, OB and Hogtied, so now it's his turn...

Bender B Rodriguez

Apr 24, 2020
Getting tougher, I'm gonna go with Desnoyers b/c he's showing offensive chops that weren't expected (his output was expected to improve in Halifax, but not to the degree that he's the best offensive player on that team right now and one of the best in the Q at 18), and as a bottom six player in juniors for a couple seasons, he's ahead of the curve on defense, forechecking, PK, etc. So while he's not an uber-talent, he's becoming a solid two way prospect.

Kase is having a breakout season, but it's the Czech league and he's already 23. If he was 20-21, this would be exciting, but at 23 it's more like he's staying healthy and playing up to expectations, not exceeding them. His play at center is a plus because it makes him more versatile.

Bunnaman deserves consideration b/c he's already shown he's a NHL caliber 4th liner, but until he shows more consistent offensive chops, that's also his ceiling right now.

Wylie deserves consideration as well, he's steadily improved each year and had a really good overage season, but that's the problem, with overage performance, is it growth or just being more physically mature than your peers? Which is why it's so important for him to get to play in the AHL this season.

Wisdom is hard to place because he isn't playing so we can't gauge any post-draft growth. Don't know if you put him behind or ahead of the other bottom six types.

Bringing up the rear are Sushko and Twarynski, as much as Appleyard likes Sushko, I still want to see some offensive production, while Twarynski has NHL experience and was solid on the Phantoms last season, so I'd give him the edge right now. Both are legitimate 4th line prospects, behind Bunnaman but with the same issues.
It says something about organization prospect depth that at #15 there are still several guys that can somewhat realistically be seen to play NHL in some role. I've been in Bunnaman bandwagon, as he's the most surest thing, but Desnoyres, Wylie are Wisdom all good options.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
15 picks in...and we have multiple players who played NHL games last year that still have not been picked.

We have depth.....we lack the star prospects

Part of that is also that our highest level talent moved to the NHL very quickly. Hart, Provorov, Myers, the Travis', maybe Patrick are all top end talents that moved through these polls fairly quickly. I don't think many teams ever have star players on these sort of lists because they are rarely eligible for them for more then a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad