2020/21 Fantasy Draft v2 (Bracket Style)

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
How does everyone feel about keeping voting strictly to HF games though for a change, do we think that's better or worse?

Reactions: Gecklund

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
I have always said I hate the polls section for these. It's unfortunate we can't get a larger sample by doing it here but the smaller sample here is usually better than the bigger sample on the polls.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I have always said I hate the polls section for these. It's unfortunate we can't get a larger sample by doing it here but the smaller sample here is usually better than the bigger sample on the polls.
I'm gonna keep it to this section AT LEAST until semis, depending how many different GMs we can get in here. Anyone want to @ or pm some of the posters they know? @LT I know you've been good for that before.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
If we aren't full by the time voting is done I'm opening up 2nd teams

So I believe that'd be Wednesday

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Possible options I want feedback on:

- Removing 3rd Round Reversal
- Voting location
- Other options to increase parity of draft
- Ways to cause a more unpredictable trade board

Not all of these are for this game, just thoughts

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
@hockeynorth One possible idea for the game after this one is to do a WJC fantasy pool. That could be fun.

If needed, I'm down to take 2 teams again in this game.

Dunno if there will be much interested in a WJC pool on this board.

Although many people (including myself) run them annually on the International Tournaments foum come early-mid December.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Keep 3RR for sure. I think it (mostly) makes up for not having a high draft pick.
It would be fun to do a randomizer for each round, which you use at the beginning of each round. In theory, it would even out over 20 rounds. I would also keep all the players on their toes. It would also help those who draft 27-31 who have to wait 50 picks throughout the draft.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
It would be fun to do a randomizer for each round, which you use at the beginning of each round. In theory, it would even out over 20 rounds. I would also keep all the players on their toes. It would also help those who draft 27-31 who have to wait 50 picks throughout the draft.

Fun idea...but would never work.

Imagine someone getting 1st + 35th overall for example while someone else gets 32nd + 60th

Draft over for someone right there.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Fun idea...but would never work.

Imagine someone getting 1st + 35th overall for example while someone else gets 32nd + 60th

Draft over for someone right there.
Maybe after the 2nd round. Because after 64 players, the difference in value decreases. It would also make trading later picks a little more fun.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Maybe after the 2nd round. Because after 64 players, the difference in value decreases. It would also make trading later picks a little more fun.

That was just an example. But it is more than just first 2 rounds.

I know it's more of a fun idea to shake up the game, but I can just picture now some people really benefitting from it while some get completely screwed. Need to give anyone a fair chance.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I know it's more of a fun idea to shake up the game, but I can just picture now some people really benefitting from it while some get completely screwed. Need to give anyone a fair chance.

The only reason to do it is for fun. If anyone is truly worried about fairness, I don't get it—apparently the game is already "unfair" to posters who value D. There is no material value to winning, even the sense of accomplishment is minimal. And at some point the difference between picking first in a round and last in the same round is insignificant.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Dunno if there will be much interested in a WJC pool on this board.

Although many people (including myself) run them annually on the International Tournaments foum come early-mid December.
I didn't know that, thanks for letting me know. I'll join for sure.

The only reason to do it is for fun. If anyone is truly worried about fairness, I don't get it—apparently the game is already "unfair" to posters who value D. There is no material value to winning, even the sense of accomplishment is minimal. And at some point the difference between picking first in a round and last in the same round is insignificant.
Speak for yourself. Winning a fantasy draft earlier this year has been my life's biggest accomplishment to date. The Stanley Cup pales in comparison to the prestigious HF Championship.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Okay considering I got a response admitting mainboards just look at 1C + goalie, I'm keeping voting to the HF Games section

Reactions: m0pe

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016

I dont think anybody cares too much about the vote but theres no fun into making this complete nonsense either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->