2020/21 Fantasy Draft v2 (Bracket Style)

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Anyone want to help me beat these assholes and join my cult? I’m nicer than m0pe and y’all is a regular word in my vocabulary so more fun too. The price of admission is simply trading me a LD. I won’t f*** you over THAT much!
Damn

This sales pitch is enticing

Reactions: Gecklund

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
mg_6761-3.jpg

^ Boys above working hard to bring you the following BIG DEAL (look at that small on LeBrun's face, you know he's not reading trade texts, he's looking at Reddit or something).

Three-way trade, EDM/NYI/FLA:

To NYI- Evgenii Dadonov, Chris Kreider, Craig Smith
To FLA- Adam Pelech, Brock McGinn
To EDM- Mikko Rantanen, Ilya Mikheyev, Patrik Nemeth

@ConnorMcMullet @Paralyzer008 to confirm.

Confirmed trade.

Might be waiver action from me still before posting final roster.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Anyone want to help me beat these assholes and join my cult? I’m nicer than m0pe and y’all is a regular word in my vocabulary so more fun too. The price of admission is simply trading me a LD. I won’t f*** you over THAT much!

I say y'all all the time too get outta here with these lies.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
@m0pe do Anaheim and St. Louis

:blues

Anders Lee - Steven Stamkos - Josh Bailey
Calle Jarnkrok
- Matt Duchene - Viktor Arvidsson
Luke Kunin
- Erik Haula - Gabriel Vilardi
Jordan Martinook
- Alex Turcotte - Tage Thompson

Jaccob Slavin - John Klingberg
Ryan Lindgren
- P.K Subban
Dennis Cholowski
- Tucker Poolman

Antti Raanta
Pavel Francouz

Cap Hit: 69,038,333

L1: B+
L2: B+
L3: B-
L4: B-

D1: A
D2: C
D3: B-

G: B+

Overall: B+

Top-6 looks really strong and forward group as a whole is above average. Not sure I love all the players/fits in the bottom-6 but there is some nice scoring potential there with a lot of young guys.

Top pair is amazing. Should be really good at both ends. 2nd pair barring a big Subban bounce back will likely struggle...asking a lot of Lindgren is he doesn't. Bottom pair is okay but not sold on Cholowski really. Goaltending lacks a high end guy so can't be an A but that is about as sold a tandem as you can get.

Overall this is a really good team. Top-10 for sure, maybe top-5. The second pair worries me the most but outside of that no major holes.

:ducks2

Tyler Bertuzzi - Brayden Point - Mitchell Marner
Jesper Bratt
- Ryan Getzlaf - Kailer Yamamoto
Jordan Greenway
- Pavel Zacha - Alex Chiasson
Loui Eriksson
- Riley Sheahan - Evan Rodriguez

Oscar Klefbom - Ethan Bear
Jakob Chychrun
- Alex Goligoski
Kris Russell
- Moritz Seider

Braden Holtby
Jaroslav Halak

Cap Hit: 69,442,500

L1: A-
L2: B

D1: C+
D2: B+
D3: B

G: C+

Overall: B-

Love that 1st line and should be a ton of fun but outside that, definitely prefer your other roster. Second line lacks a high end finisher IMO and I'm not convinced Yamamoto will repeat his success near to the same level with these linemates. Bottom-6 is okay but a bit underwhelming.

Top pair, it is nice that they have experience together but if this is your top pair you don't have a strong D group and no go-to-guy. I have a lot of faith in Chychrun to carry a 2nd pair next year even if Goligoski is trending down this is still a good pair.

Goaltending is a big question mark for me since I think Holtby is bad. Halak is a great backup so that helps but not enough to have faith in this duo to get the job done. Maybe they win a round or 2 but don't think it is a serious contender like St. Louis.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
me please

Taylor Hall-Jack Eichel-Dennis Gurianov
Filip Zadina-Kevin Hayes-Kevin Labanc
Joel Farabee-Alex Kerfoot-Zach Aston Reese
Max Jones-Mikhail Grigorenko-Michael Amadio

Mattias Ekholm-Matt Dumba
Brady Skjei-Erik Cernak
Jake McCabe-Noah Dobson

Jacob Markstrom
David Rittich

Cap Hit: $68,692,024

L3: B
L4: B

D1: B
D2: B-
D3: A-

G: A-

I think this is the best roster you have made OB5. First off, I am not TOTALLY sold Hall-Eichel is going to work out perfectly or that top line will be good enough defensively, but it gets an A- off of potential. The rest of the forward group is solid. Not spectacular, but no real holes and think there is a nice mix here.

Top pair lacks a true #1 guy but I think these two pair well together so it can work. I am not a fan of Skjei so think this is the weakest part of your lineup, but is still two legit 2nd pair D that could gel. Bottom-pair is really strong with a solid vet #5 and Dobson who I think will look great if given the opportunity.

Goaltending is really solid as well with Markstrom being a really good starter. This is probably one of the most well rounded teams in the game. A lot will depend on how well Hall-Eichel works out and if one of your top D can step up to play the big #1 role. I can't say it is my favourite to win, but it definitely has a shot imo.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:bolts
William Nylander - Sidney Crosby - Jordan Eberle
James van Riemsdyk - David Krejci - Kasperi Kapanen
Scott Laughton - Filip Chytil - Jesse Puljujarvi
Drake Caggiula - Jayce Hawryluk - Adam Gaudette

Travis Sanheim - Shea Theodore
Brenden Dillon - Adam Fox
Caleb Jones - Trevor van Riemsdyk

Jordan Binnington
Ryan Miller

Cap Hit: $69,405,657
Cap Remaining: $5,894,343

:jets

Kirill Kaprizov - Mark Scheifele - Brendan Gallagher
Evander Kane - Max Domi - Patric Hornqvist
Alex Galchenyuk - Trevor Zegras - Ilya Kovalchuk
Milan Lucic - Pius Suter - Julien Gauthier

Ben Chiarot - Kris Letang
Quinn Hughes - Jason Demers
Jake Gardiner - Radko Gudas

Tristan Jarry
Aaron Dell

Cap hit: $65,880,000
Cap remaining: $9,120,000

@m0pe I would like to be critiqued

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
:flames

Jeff Skinner - Evgeni Malkin - Bryan Rust
Frank Vatrano - Anthony Cirelli - Travis Konecny
Carl Hagelin - Alex Wennberg - Josh Leivo
Michael Grabner - Casey Cizikas -
Austin Wagner

Thomas Chabot - Dylan DeMelo
Dmitry Orlov - Kevin Shattenkirk
Juuso Valimaki - Olli Maatta

MacKenzie Blackwood
James Reimer

Cap Hit: 73.543m
Cap Space: 1.457m
Salary Cap: 75.000m

A+

:sabres

Nikolaj Ehlers - Brayden Schenn - Teuvo Teravainen
Jon Huberdeau - Vincent Trocheck - Owen Tippett
Andrew Mangiapane - Nick Bonino - Drake Batherson
Morgan Geekie - Travis Zajac - Cal Clutterbuck

Mark Giordano - T.J. Brodie
Devon Toews - Matt Roy
Nicolas Hague - Erik Gudbranson

Carter Hart
Cam Talbot

Cap Hit: 68.928m
Cap Space: 6.072m
Salary Cap: 75.000m

A

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
William Nylander - Sidney Crosby - Jordan Eberle
James van Riemsdyk - David Krejci - Kasperi Kapanen
Scott Laughton - Filip Chytil - Jesse Puljujarvi
Drake Caggiula - Jayce Hawryluk - Adam Gaudette

Travis Sanheim - Shea Theodore
Brenden Dillon - Adam Fox
Caleb Jones - Trevor van Riemsdyk

Jordan Binnington
Ryan Miller

Cap Hit: $69,405,657
Cap Remaining: $5,894,343

L2: B-

D1: A-

Top line is pretty slick and will score a lot, but the bottom-9 isn't great and the weak area of your roster. The 2nd line is old and slowing down. I think the Zucc for Kapanen trade was a loss value wise but at least Kapanen does bring youth and speed to this line. Bottom-6 just feels like a weird mix to me and not sure it will bring a positive impact to the ice. Nothing that bad but I think that top line will have to really carry the load here.

D is loads of fun. Very young but I have a lot of faith in these young guys and you have a couple decent defensive vets to lock it down and make that less of a worry. I don't have 100% faith in Binnington, so your roster and it's chances largely depend on how people view him imo and can see it going either way. Still a very good team though with a lot of potential.

:jets
Kirill Kaprizov - Mark Scheifele - Brendan Gallagher
Evander Kane - Max Domi - Patric Hornqvist
Alex Galchenyuk - Trevor Zegras - Ilya Kovalchuk
Milan Lucic - Pius Suter - Julien Gauthier

Ben Chiarot - Kris Letang
Quinn Hughes - Jason Demers
Jake Gardiner - Radko Gudas

Tristan Jarry
Aaron Dell

Cap hit: $65,880,000
Cap remaining: $9,120,000

@m0pe I would like to be critiqued

L3: D
L4: C

D1: B+
D2: A-
D3: B+

G: B

Top line once again I really like, but I probably have more faith in Kap than most. I think Hornqvist is slowing down and fast, and don't love Domi, but Kane is a decent play driver on the 2nd line so maybe it can manage close to average results. The bottom-6 is probably the biggest issue I have seen from any team in this game tbh. Rookie Zegras + toast Kovalchuk + doesn't bring much positive Galchenyuk can spell big issues against other lines. They have skill, but I will take an average chechking line over this any day. I like Suter a lot, but don't think he will be able to comeover and getting positive results out of those 2 big wingers.

D group is once again really good. Having Letang anchor P1 and Hughes anchor P2 with a couple meh defensive D (more so in Demers' case) is a nice luxury. Gardiner and Gudas is also an above average bottom pair with a couple guys who can play up the lineup. Still not 100% sold on Jarry and would rather a 1B so can see this either working out well or poorly for you, but the D he plays behind helps.

To me, the bottom-6 alone prevents it from being a true contender but the rest is good enough to do damage if that was somehow sorted out.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
:panthers

We are WAIVING F Brock McGinn

We are proud to claim F Alex Steen.

FINAL ROSTER (pending line changes)

:panthers

Conor Garland (0.78)- Sean Couturier (4.33) - Oliver Bjorkstrand (2.5)
Alex DeBrincat (6.4) - Joe Pavelski (7) - Ondrej Kase (2.6)
Marco Rossi (0.93) - Andrew Copp (2.28) - Alex Steen (5.75)
James Neal (5.75) - Joe Thornton (0.7) - Dylan Cozens (0.89)

Adam Pelech (1.6) - Dougie Hamilton (5.75)
Shayne Gostisbehere (4.5) - Rasmus Andersson (4.55)
Bowen Byram (0.89) - Ty Smith (0.86)

Ben Bishop (4.92)
Kaapo Kahkonen (0.73)

Cap hit: 63.71M

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

D1: A-

Top line is pretty slick and will score a lot, but the bottom-9 isn't great and the weak area of your roster. The 2nd line is old and slowing down. I think the Zucc for Kapanen trade was a loss value wise but at least Kapanen does bring youth and speed to this line. Bottom-6 just feels like a weird mix to me and not sure it will bring a positive impact to the ice. Nothing that bad but I think that top line will have to really carry the load here.

D is loads of fun. Very young but I have a lot of faith in these young guys and you have a couple decent defensive vets to lock it down and make that less of a worry. I don't have 100% faith in Binnington, so your roster and it's chances largely depend on how people view him imo and can see it going either way. Still a very good team though with a lot of potential.

L3: D
L4: C

D1: B+
D2: A-
D3: B+

G: B

Top line once again I really like, but I probably have more faith in Kap than most. I think Hornqvist is slowing down and fast, and don't love Domi, but Kane is a decent play driver on the 2nd line so maybe it can manage close to average results. The bottom-6 is probably the biggest issue I have seen from any team in this game tbh. Rookie Zegras + toast Kovalchuk + doesn't bring much positive Galchenyuk can spell big issues against other lines. They have skill, but I will take an average chechking line over this any day. I like Suter a lot, but don't think he will be able to comeover and getting positive results out of those 2 big wingers.

D group is once again really good. Having Letang anchor P1 and Hughes anchor P2 with a couple meh defensive D (more so in Demers' case) is a nice luxury. Gardiner and Gudas is also an above average bottom pair with a couple guys who can play up the lineup. Still not 100% sold on Jarry and would rather a 1B so can see this either working out well or poorly for you, but the D he plays behind helps.

To me, the bottom-6 alone prevents it from being a true contender but the rest is good enough to do damage if that was somehow sorted out.
I agree with all of this except bottom B- for L4 TB, I think its sick!

OB5

May 2, 2015
L3: B
L4: B

D1: B
D2: B-

G: A-

I think this is the best roster you have made OB5. First off, I am not TOTALLY sold Hall-Eichel is going to work out perfectly or that top line will be good enough defensively, but it gets an A- off of potential. The rest of the forward group is solid. Not spectacular, but no real holes and think there is a nice mix here.

Top pair lacks a true #1 guy but I think these two pair well together so it can work. I am not a fan of Skjei so think this is the weakest part of your lineup, but is still two legit 2nd pair D that could gel. Bottom-pair is really strong with a solid vet #5 and Dobson who I think will look great if given the opportunity.

Goaltending is really solid as well with Markstrom being a really good starter. This is probably one of the most well rounded teams in the game. A lot will depend on how well Hall-Eichel works out and if one of your top D can step up to play the big #1 role. I can't say it is my favourite to win, but it definitely has a shot imo.
Dope I appreciate the feedback. A coincidence that you think this is the best team I have ever drafted and it's the highest I have ever drafted?

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Confirm @hockeynorth

Brendan Dillon + Jesse Puljujarvi + Filip Chytil

Ryan Lindgren + Calle Jarnkrok + Luke Kunin

Why I do it:

1. I get a shutdown veteran LD to pair with Subban, improving my 2nd pairing by a fair margin.
2. Chytil is a defensive minded forward with experience at C who should be able to cover for Duchene + Arvidsson.
3. I get to put Puljujarvi next to a veteran Finnish C in Haula.

Anders Lee - Steven Stamkos - Josh Bailey
Filip Chytil
- Matt Duchene - Viktor Arvidsson
Gabriel Vilardi
- Erik Haula - Jesse Puljujarvi
Jordan Martinook
- Alex Turcotte - Tage Thompson

Jaccob Slavin - John Klingberg
Brendan Dillon
- P.K Subban
Dennis Cholowski
- Tucker Poolman

Antti Raanta
Pavel Francouz

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Now Anaheim has defense

:ducks2

Tyler Bertuzzi - Brayden Point - Reilly Smith
Jesper Bratt
- Ryan Getzlaf - Kailer Yamamoto
Jordan Greenway
- Pavel Zacha - Alex Chiasson
Loui Eriksson
- Riley Sheahan - Evan Rodriguez

Oscar Klefbom - Colton Parayko
Jakob Chychrun
- Ethan Bear
Kris Russell
- Moritz Seider

Braden Holtby
Jaroslav Halak

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
quick look

Boston has the most impactful player going forward in Pastrnak

Hughes, who's spent the entire year bulking up and getting stronger, to carry the second line as a #1 OA

Better bottom six

Better defence on every pair

Best goalie in game

Feel free to fall victim to board overhype on a Laf-Seg-Stone tho clouding your view of actual teams

Not my fault if you guys don't know who's who, who brings what or what F1/2/3 even means

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->