2020/21 Fantasy Draft v2 (Bracket Style)

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
If any team needs a right-shot D on its PP, I will consider offers for Boqvist (solid 3rd RW/C) or Miller (similar draft spot winger).

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Also, unless I'm missing something, I am going to get smoked by @Makaveli once the voting starts.

He spent five of his first seven picks on forwards and even has Lafreniere for the hype factor. I only took three forwards.

People love forwards. I'm an idiot getting Hellebuyck and Girard in round four.

Reactions: Makaveli

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I'm also annoyed that @OB5 has both Gurianov and Zadina, but at least I know for myself that I passed up Zadina for legitimate reasons.

Finally, I got Romanov at #485 last game and am annoyed he jumped up to #411.

Reactions: OB5

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also, unless I'm missing something, I am going to get smoked by @Makaveli once the voting starts.

He spent five of his first seven picks on forwards and even has Lafreniere for the hype factor. I only took three forwards.

People love forwards. I'm an idiot getting Hellebuyck and Girard in round four.

This has been my biggest mistake in most every prior draft.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Everyone available. Willing to use all 5 of my trades, preferably to make forwards better.

:jets

Kirill Kaprizov - Mark Scheifele - Brendan Gallagher
Evander Kane - Max Domi - Patric Hornqvist
xxx - Trevor Zegras - Ilya Kovalchuk
xxx - xxx - xxx

Ben Chiarot - Kris Letang
Quinn Hughes - Jason Demers
Jake Gardiner - Radko Gudas

Tristan Jarry
xxx

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
just realized i forgot to draft one of my go to value guys.

also hoping another guy keeps slipping that i just remembered and should have drafted instead just now maybe.

lyubushkin is excellent 3rd pair tho
hockeyvzi.PNG

lyubush.PNG

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Very open to blowing this roster up. Mostly the forwards but can move D/G for right offer.

:sabres

Jonathan Huberdeau - Brayden Schenn - Teuvo Teravainen
Nikolaj Ehlers - Vincent Trocheck - Drake Batherson
Andrew Mangiapane - Nick Bonino - XXXXX
XXXXX - Travis Zajac - XXXXX

Mark Giordano - T.J. Brodie
Devon Toews - Matt Roy
Nicolas Hague - XXXXX

Carter Hart
Cam Talbot

Cap Hit: 63.302m
Cap Space: 11.698m
Salary Cap: 75.000m

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
:sharks
Kyle Connor-Elias Pettersson-Josh Anderson
Zach Sanford-Tomas Hertl-Sam Reinhart
Miles Wood-Jared McCann-Dillon Dube
xxx-Lukas Wallmark-xxx

Vladislav Gavrikov-Brett Pesce
Will Butcher-Adam Larsson
Mario Ferraro-xxx

Semyon Varlamov
xxx

:wild
Oskar Lindblom-William Karlsson-Reilly Smith
Robby Fabbri-Christian Dvorak-Martin Necas
Sam Bennett-Derek Ryan-Brett Connolly
xxx-xxx-xxx

Roman Josi-John Marino
Matt Grzelcyk-Colton Parayko
Jake Bean-Jan Rutta

Andrei Vasilevskiy
xxx
My rosters are finally posted since we are close enough to the end where y'all aren't picking my players anyway and so @Panda Bear can tell me how great they are.

Reactions: Panda Bear

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
San Jose has a very good forward corps, a mildly incompetent defensive corps,

Minnesota has an underwhelming offence, an excellent defence and the second best goalie in the game.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
San Jose has a very good forward corps, a mildly incompetent defensive corps,

Minnesota has an underwhelming offence, an excellent defence and the second best goalie in the game.
I think the D Corp for SJ isn’t great for sure. The forward group is very possession based and the D are all two way D. Varlamov is also really good. The idea behind SJ is that the other team won’t have the puck much and that the offense can out score the other teams.

Minny I love that D. The offense isn’t as bad as it looks if you actually dive into the fits of the players. They’ll win lots of 1-0, 2-1 games.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Yeah, Varlamov is good. I meant to write that.

None of Kyle Connor, Miles Wood or Jared McCann are great at maintaining possession, and I'd argue players like Josh Anderson and Zach Sanford are merely average even if they are big, physical players.

And the closest guy on your defence to being two-way is Pesce, and even that's questionable. Gavrikov and Larsson are both defensive defencemen, and Will Butcher is only good going forward. He hasn't driven possession since his rookie year, and he's always being sheltered.

I don't think you've built the team you think you did. To my eye, you've built a team that should pop in a good number of goals without relying on any one style, but one that'll spend a good amount of time in its own zone due to issues with exiting the puck.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
As for Minnesota: yes, there are good forwards, but it's still underwhelming compared to a lot of teams. You have a legitimate possession-based first line, and then you have a second line where Dvorak has to carry two offensively talented wingers who either can't play defence (Fabbri) or has only played sheltered minutes to date (Necas). At least I have faith in Necas, and thank goodness the back end is what it is.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Trade to announce!

:ducks

Brayden Point + Oscar Klefbom + Kailer Yamamoto + 19th round pick

:avs

Patrice Bergeron + Ivan Provorov + Andreas Johnsson + 17th round

Going from Provorov to Klefbom hurts, but the upgrade from Bergeron to Point and Johnsson to Yamamoto is well worth it imo.
And my D-group is still solid and both my 1st and 2nd pair have proven chemistry.

Klefbom - Bear
Chychrun - Goligoski

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->