2020/21 Fantasy Draft v2 (Bracket Style)

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
but did you update your roster on the thread

And thank you for noting F1/2/3

those are good lines

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Nah I'll update it at the end. I don't need y'all knowing where I'm going with my next pick.
that's the dumbest approach to this game that I've ever heard before

no one cares about whether you're going to zig or zag

they only care about whether they will zig or zag

fun > not fun

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
that's the dumbest approach to this game that I've ever heard before

no one cares about whether you're going to zig or zag

they only care about whether they will zig or zag

fun > not fun
It's also so I don't have to keep updating it after every pick. Seems unnecessary to have it up before it's done. But no I've definitely seen @hockeynorth change the order he picks players based on if he thinks someone is going to pick a certain player or not. I'm sure other people do it too. If you want to guess where my next pick will be, you gotta put in the work of looking at the board for my picks and also good luck cause 90% of the time I don't even know where I'm going until one pick before mine.

Reactions: Blinny

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
@Panda Bear analyse my teams please

:blues

Anders Lee - Steven Stamkos - Josh Bailey
XXXXX - Matt Duchene - Viktor Arvidsson
XXXXX - Erik Haula - XXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXX

Jaccob Slavin - John Klingberg
Ryan Lindgren
- P.K Subban
XXXXX - XXXXX

Antti Raanta
XXXXX

:ducks2

Jesper Bratt - Patrice Bergeron - Mitchell Marner
Tyler Bertuzzi
- Ryan Getzlaf - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX

Ivan Provorov - Ethan Bear
Jakob Chychrun
- Alex Goligoski
XXXXX - XXXXX

Braden Holtby
XXXXX

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Me too Panda!

As per tradition, I won't calculate my cap hit until the end of the game. Although at this point I'm kind of hoping I go bust, I don't like my teams very much. Very much open to a trade with either one.

:edmonton

Chris Kreider - Sebastian Aho - Evgeni Dadonov
Adrian Kempe
- Logan Couture - Alexander Radulov

XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX

Adam Pelech - Brent Burns
Brian Dumoulin
- XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX

Thatcher Demko
XXXXX

Cap Hit:

:avs

Brandon Saad - Brayden Point - Kailer Yamamoto
David Perron - Ryan O'Reilly
-
XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX

Oscar Klefbom - Sami Vatanen
Haydn Fleury
- Philippe Myers

XXXXX - XXXXX

Igor Shesterkin
XXXXX

Cap Hit:

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
@Panda Bear analyse my teams please

:blues

Anders Lee - Steven Stamkos - Josh Bailey
XXXXX - Matt Duchene - Viktor Arvidsson
XXXXX - Erik Haula - XXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXX

Jaccob Slavin - John Klingberg
Ryan Lindgren
- P.K Subban
XXXXX - XXXXX

Antti Raanta
XXXXX

:ducks2

Jesper Bratt - Patrice Bergeron - Mitchell Marner
Tyler Bertuzzi
- Ryan Getzlaf - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX

Ivan Provorov - Ethan Bear
Jakob Chychrun
- Alex Goligoski
XXXXX - XXXXX

Braden Holtby
XXXXX
yes first line
bold move pairing up two dudes who didn't have much chemistry
haula good

great first pair
skeptical about second pair unless Subban loses weight, gets a 100% healthy back and rebounds a lot

you should switch Bratt and Bertuzzi
defence is fine
Holtby sucks

Me too Panda!

As per tradition, I won't calculate my cap hit until the end of the game. Although at this point I'm kind of hoping I go bust, I don't like my teams very much. Very much open to a trade with either one.

:edmonton

Chris Kreider - Sebastian Aho - Evgeni Dadonov
Adrian Kempe
- Logan Couture - Alexander Radulov

XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX

Adam Pelech - Brent Burns
Brian Dumoulin
- XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX

Thatcher Demko
XXXXX

Cap Hit:

:avs

Brandon Saad - Brayden Point - Kailer Yamamoto
David Perron - Ryan O'Reilly
-
XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX

Oscar Klefbom - Sami Vatanen
Haydn Fleury
- Philippe Myers

XXXXX - XXXXX

Igor Shesterkin
XXXXX

Cap Hit:
f*** off that's all great except Demko being a starter is lol even if his playoffs were great. lucky for him to get a hot streak there because it blew up his reputation stupidly

good on you recognizing that Kempe is better on wing

second one has really good two-way forwards. not a fan of vatanen on a top pair, and I am skeptical that Myers is good enough to carry Fleury on a second pairing

Scholarships

10 Piece
Apr 3, 2016
:flyers
Looking to upgrade to a 1D
Offering up a package of a combination of Nate Schmidt, Josh Morrissey, Alex Debrincat, Yanni Gourde and picks for a 1D

:nucks
Looking to upgrade Backstrom maybe
Offering Backstrom + Meier or Beauvillier or something

Reactions: hockeynorth

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
yes first line
bold move pairing up two dudes who didn't have much chemistry
haula good

great first pair
skeptical about second pair unless Subban loses weight, gets a 100% healthy back and rebounds a lot

you should switch Bratt and Bertuzzi
defence is fine
Holtby sucks

They played together for 8% of the year, they didn't have much time to build chemistry. And I kind of ignore Nashville forward production, it seems to be a black hole for offense. My 2nd pairing isn't great, but I think Lindgren's style of play compliments Subban.

I switched Bertuzzi and Bratt.
Holtby's pretty meh, I did not expect that G run.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
They played together for 8% of the year, they didn't have much time to build chemistry. And I kind of ignore Nashville forward production, it seems to be a black hole for offense. My 2nd pairing isn't great, but I think Lindgren's style of play compliments Subban.

I switched Bertuzzi and Bratt.
Holtby's pretty meh, I did not expect that G run.
just refreshed duchene's numbers, and I forgot how much he controlled play. amazing xG%

maybe Arvidsson could be a good fit because he wouldn't have to do much work carrying the puck with Duchene around and could focus more on shooting/going netfront

Reactions: Llamamoto

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
just refreshed duchene's numbers, and I forgot how much he controlled play. amazing xG%

maybe Arvidsson could be a good fit because he wouldn't have to do much work carrying the puck with Duchene around and could focus more on shooting/going netfront

So what kind of winger would go well with them? A puck-retrieval/diry areas kind of guy?

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
So what kind of winger would go well with them? A puck-retrieval/diry areas kind of guy?
Arvidsson is as F1 as you get. he cheats to pick up any possible loose puck in his own zone so that he can fly down the ice, and he's an energetic forechecker. book's out on him for the former, though, so defenceman play a larger gap and he just ends up taking a shit shot from the boards. he doesn't have great hands--just very, very good north-south speed

enter Duchene, who can wheel the puck AND stickhandle. if you make him your f3 (like many centres), you're losing out on that though in the same way Oilers don't play Drai or McDavid as F3s

you need an F3, i.e. a winger with good positional play and puck support, who can cover for Duchene. shame you missed out on Copp, who can also play LW.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Arvidsson is as F1 as you get. he cheats to pick up any possible loose puck in his own zone so that he can fly down the ice, and he's an energetic forechecker. book's out on him for the former, though, so defenceman play a larger gap and he just ends up taking a shit shot from the boards. he doesn't have great hands--just very, very good north-south speed

enter Duchene, who can wheel the puck AND stickhandle. if you make him your f3 (like many centres), you're losing out on that though in the same way Oilers don't play Drai or McDavid as F3s

you need an F3, i.e. a winger with good positional play and puck support, who can cover for Duchene. shame you missed out on Copp, who can also play LW.
Yep agree. There’s one guy left that I think can play there pretty well but I could be wrong because I haven’t watched him this year

Reactions: Panda Bear

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
:flyers
Looking to upgrade to a 1D
Offering up a package of a combination of Nate Schmidt, Josh Morrissey, Alex Debrincat, Yanni Gourde and picks for a 1D

:nucks
Looking to upgrade Backstrom maybe
Offering Backstrom + Meier or Beauvillier or something
naw man

Morrissey-Schmidt would be an excellent first pair. something about them together just feels right, and it's their very complementary skillsets in that they are both all-rounders. if morrissey is 40/60 offence/defence, then Schmidt is the opposite.

or you can just split them and go committee without burning assets.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Yep agree. There’s one guy left that I think can play there pretty well but I could be wrong because I haven’t watched him this year

Yeah there's a left winger available that I think would make a great F3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->