2020/21 Fantasy Draft v2 (Bracket Style)

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Depending upon the amount of time I have, I may deploy machine learning algorithms.

I don't think the technology is there yet:

dpEW35T.png

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I am in and I PROMISE NOT TO USE A FORMULA TO PICK PLAYERS.

First time in draft history I will put the numbers away...they're still in my head but NO PICKLIST.

Let's see what happens.
I legitimately had no clue you picked off numbers

The last game was the first one I picked off personal player rankings and used tiers instead of Corsicas raw player list, I much preferred it

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010

The last game was the first one I picked off personal player rankings and used tiers instead of Corsicas raw player list, I much preferred it
well yeah

you gotta come up with your own scoring system for it to be fun

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

Pretty much every game, but every game I used some kind of tweak but yeah, my teams being generally ranked high on Panda lists happen for a reason.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Pretty much every game, but every game I used some kind of tweak but yeah, my teams being generally ranked high on Panda lists happen for a reason.
My teams usually rank high and I don't use numbers

I think I just really gravitate to strong analytical guys by nature, or guys of a certain ilk. My grinders (when I have them) have to be able to compliment skill guys or put a game on their back with character, otherwise I'd rather have a spark plug with wheel (which is why I draft Kubel a lot). I like skill guys who hold the puck and ooze talent, and I like my Cs to be able to control a game in more than one zone. Ideal dman is a puck mover who walks the point and plays a positioning game.

I grew up watching Kyle Dubas's Soo teams bully my Wolves, and desperately wanted guys like they had on my team instead of all the half-way skill players we've forever had. Favourite players were the Foligno bros though.

Reactions: Paralyzer008

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
You used Corsica forever, had it ingrained the fabric of your being, and then made your own tiers.

Corsica uses numbers.

#discrediting

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
You used Corsica forever, had it ingrained the fabric of your being, and then made your own tiers.

Corsica uses numbers.
True Corsica probably influenced, but I actually bumped a lot of guys they had low wayyyyy up. I also have a guy like David Perron at 33 LW because I strongly dislike his game.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
My strategy is very complex, frankly I’m not sure many of you would understand it. However, let me try to sum it up in the simplest terms:

“Haha puck go in net brrr”

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
The most important question is do I revive the discord for game 2, I think it was interesting without but I hate my email getting clogged with HF notifications rn, especially since I'm waiting on University offers

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
See tho panda, I like to know when I'm up

and I like notifying other people when they're up
Make a rule for your inbox where all hfboards e-mails go to their own folder? Or a rule where any e-mail from hfboards containing the word 'up' in subject or body stays in your primary inbox?

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Oh yeah also, if you don't pm/@ or ask someone to do it for you, you lose 50% clock on your next pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad