2020-21 ECHL Schedule

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Meanwhile, two questions ...
  1. How long do we have to wait until the first rumors bubble up a/b ECHL teams folding because their home schedule releases are "late"?
  2. Even if the Solar Bears publish their home schedule in the relatively near future, will ANYBODY believe it?
:popcorn:

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Meanwhile, two questions ...
  1. How long do we have to wait until the first rumors bubble up a/b ECHL teams folding because their home schedule releases are "late"?
  2. Even if the Solar Bears publish their home schedule in the relatively near future, will ANYBODY believe it?
:popcorn:

The rumors are already out there. Next season - the whole season - is already in danger.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The rumors are already out there. Next season - the whole season - is already in danger.
I fully expected League-wide rumors (and truths) to arise from the current world health & social conditions. I was just wondering whether hockey fan habits of grasping at the most ridiculous of clues (e.g., "X & Y teams didn't release their home schedules on the second Thursday of Z month when all the others did!") would prevail in the annual Silly Season tradition. I'd kinda miss it - in a perverse sorta way - if they didn't. :allears:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
No minor league in any sport will start having games again until fans are allowed in because unless some network gives the ECHL (or any other minor league) a huge TV deal running with empty arenas (bringing in no live gate) would be insanity.

Reactions: hurricanesfan123

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Even a partial season will be a positive for some. I perversely would like to go to Fort Wayne for the Komets home opener and support the Fuel on the road.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018

I fully expected League-wide rumors (and truths) to arise from the current world health & social conditions. I was just wondering whether hockey fan habits of grasping at the most ridiculous of clues (e.g., "X & Y teams didn't release their home schedules on the second Thursday of Z month when all the others did!") would prevail in the annual Silly Season tradition. I'd kinda miss it - in a perverse sorta way - if they didn't. :allears:
The all Admiral's plan doesn't just have to apply to the AHL. The echl can easily move every team to the Scope next year and let them keep their city names.:sarcasm:

Reactions: HRAds

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The all Admiral's plan doesn't just have to apply to the AHL. The echl can easily move every team to the Scope next year and let them keep their city names.:sarcasm:
I was hoping for creation of "The ECHL All-Thunder League" with regular season conference play & elimination playoff rounds hosted in Glens Falls (East) and Wichita (West). Then the two conference winners can meet in a one-week-most-total-goals-over-37 games championship finals at Grossinger Motors Arena in Bloomington, Illinois, the former home ice of the SPHL & USHL Bloomington Thunder franchises. I'm sure the FPHL won't mind sharing their new rink & getting some unexpected revenues to see The Thunder Cup hoisted by the surviving winner. I'd be there, too! :surrender

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

LeBrun thinks AHL games are not feasible without fans (and that 19-20 season is done). That thinking would probably trickle down to ECHL as well. CHL (juniors) are looking at seasons starting in October (rather than August/September), November, December or even January, depending on how things progress (with vaccine). Might be similar to what ECHL has to look at.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
You never know. You joke but it's been a possibility for years.
And everyone who has been predicting that every Silly Season over those years (and several who didn't) will shout in unison: " I told you they were gonna fold!" :whatever:

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
And everyone who has been predicting that every Silly Season over those years (and several who didn't) will shout in unison: " I told you they were gonna fold!" :whatever:
I am the one who has been saying that for at least the last two offseasons as that is what im being told. I ma pretty close to the situation but i honestly dont know whats going on now. Probably nothing but this will be an interesting Silly Season for everyone for sure

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
So some states are trying to suppress the case count. Most of you appear to have been convinced that the curve has flattened where you live. In most cases, it hasn’t.

The ECHL will start the season. Then it’ll have to stop. And there will be lawsuits.

At least that’s my prediction. I’d LOVE to be wrong, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->